Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 230 of 350
« First < 130180220228229230 231232240280330 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
icehog3 08:13 PM 09-15-2010
Originally Posted by MortonMilo:
Had to cut my workout short today because I couldn't stop sneezing....literally sneezing every 10 seconds for 3 or 4 minutes...was horrible!
Maybe it's syphillis, Jake? :-) :-)

Back to the gym manana, and hockey league finally starts Monday...I need the cardio!
PeteSB75 09:40 AM 09-16-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:

Back to the gym manana, and hockey league finally starts Monday...I need the cardio!
Syphillis? :-)

Deads and squats for me this morning, good lifts. Then a sh*tstorm of work for a few hours before I could even leave home to come to the office...
icehog3 10:45 AM 09-16-2010
Chest today....shoulders felt pretty sore so I changed it up and did some supersets. I had to drop the weight after a couple, but I tore it up and my chest is still pumped now.
Da Klugs 11:46 AM 09-16-2010
OK - so little baby steps. Not pumping iron but on Monday started doing push-ups. 20 was a gssping and painful thing. By this morning knocked 30 out with headroom. Going to add 5 every couple of days as feasible and see where this goes.

Next ... Sit-ups.
Mugen910 11:53 AM 09-16-2010
Or hip thrusts ;-)

Actually I've found that lunges pushups and crunches are a good home workout.

Keep it up Dave.

As for me I'm still not back in the gym but do 5-6 pull ups before bed. Maybe next week I will break this cycle.
Posted via Mobile Device
gorob23 12:41 PM 09-16-2010
Originally Posted by Da Klugs:
OK - so little baby steps. Not pumping iron but on Monday started doing push-ups. 20 was a gssping and painful thing. By this morning knocked 30 out with headroom. Going to add 5 every couple of days as feasible and see where this goes.

Next ... Sit-ups.
The things are way overrated, rust me I asked a Physical Education teacher. :-)

Rob :-)
icehog3 01:14 PM 09-16-2010
Good deal, Dave, keep it up. :-)
BigFrank 06:50 PM 09-16-2010
Originally Posted by Da Klugs:
Next ... Sit-ups.
Agree with Rob on this one. Sit-ups are junk.

blasted some chest-izzles tonight. It sucked.
MortonMilo 07:43 PM 09-16-2010
Originally Posted by BigFrank:
Agree with Rob on this one. Sit-ups are junk.
If not sit-ups, any suggestions for some good core exercises?
MortonMilo 07:45 PM 09-16-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I was worried it was syphillis as well after quarter price lap dance night at the strip joint. I dug a little bit and found a quarter in my nose...guess I didn't realize the 'dancer' gave me change!
icehog3 08:05 PM 09-16-2010
I was worried it was syphillis as well after quarter price lap dance night at the strip joint. I dug a little bit and found a quarter in my nose...guess I didn't realize the 'dancer' gave me change!
:-) :-)
GreekGodX 03:50 AM 09-17-2010
Very nice Dave :-) Looking forward to hearing about you pumping out the pullups soon :-)

Hit some back yesterday. I was getting stared at while I was doing over head medicine ball throws. Unfortunately it wasn't by the hot blond on the treadmill :-) Beach muscle workout today I believe or maybe legs.
BigFrank 06:27 AM 09-17-2010
Curls in the power rack?
Mugen910 06:28 AM 09-17-2010
7 pull ups last night..at this rate I should be at 10 by the end of next week.
alwayslit 06:33 AM 09-17-2010
jack3d is the truth. Did shoulders last night around 10p then did biceps this morning a 5a. Felt great through both routines.
PeteSB75 06:43 AM 09-17-2010
Shoulders and back for me this morning. Cleans, press, pullups, cable rows and lat pulldowns. My knee is very sore today, not sure if it was my lifts yesterday, sprinting through the streets to escape the sudden torrential rain on my way to the train last night, something else or a combination of everything. Guess I'll wear the knee strap when I spin tomorrow.
GreekGodX 06:59 AM 09-17-2010
Originally Posted by BigFrank:
Curls in the power rack?
Ugh! I cringe when I see the 150 pound guy doing curls with 10s on each side:-) If you curl so much that you have to use it fine but don't be doing reps of 20 with 100 pounds in there.
icehog3 08:15 AM 09-17-2010
Row row row I go, (not) gently in the gym....
kaisersozei 08:38 AM 09-17-2010
If not sit-ups, any suggestions for some good core exercises?
Ten basic ab/core exercises that work the whole cage, from hip flexors on up:

http://dailyburn.com/workouts/69705-Ab-Ripper-100
BigFrank 11:43 AM 09-17-2010
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
Ugh! I cringe when I see the 150 pound guy doing curls with 10s on each side:-) If you curl so much that you have to use it fine but don't be doing reps of 20 with 100 pounds in there.
Last night I had to train at the **** hole Gold's down the street. I went over to the leg area where all of the power racks are ( well there is really only 1 true power rack, but I digress ) and all three were occupied by guys fitting your description curling, you guess it, straight bars with 10's on each side. Three guys, three racks, doing the exact same thing. I sat and watched a a guy who was wearing my guess would be a SMALL Under Armour shirt. He did maybe 4 reps with 65 pounds. Then the I don't know what the **** I'm doing came in. It looked something like a reverse grip upright row / reverse good morning / hip thrust movement. It look awful and retarded. I watched as he kept this up for maybe 12 reps. When finished he throws the bar onto the safety catches and storms off like he has something REALLY important to do somewhere on the other side of the Gym. Having being dumb struck and totally bewildered I figured he was done his set. Ten pound plates go on the floor. I don't care to put them back. I get the bar set up for standing Mil. Presses. 45's each side to start. I do a set of 5 or maybe more I wasn't really counting. 25's go on after that. Another set of 5 or so. No sign of ass master yet. Two 45's each side. Getting a little heavy now, belt goes on 5 reps done. 25's go back on ( 275 ) and my buddy, homo master deluxe, turns the corner and looks at me like he just busted in the door and I was balls deep in his Wife or something. He walked over paced around for a few minutes, looked at the other guys doing gay curls then stormed off. I guess he may have been a little upset. I bust out my set, and sit down. He comes back a second time to see what has happened. He walks over towards me and says something. I have noise canceling headphones on so I don't hear a thing. I just stare at him with a blank look. He stands there for maybe a minute, then I finally take my headphones out. He asks me, "how much longer you going to be?" My reply, "as long as it takes". Headphones go back in and I take a drink. He storms off again never to be seen from...

I hate that Gym and everyone who goes there. Only have to deal with it until Nov.
Page 230 of 350
« First < 130180220228229230 231232240280330 > Last »
Up