Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 23 of 38
« First < 13212223 242533 > Last »
Sports>MLB 2012 Thread
The Poet 02:34 PM 09-24-2012
People don't seem to understand that most Yankee fans have no problem with others making the playoffs, and even winning it all. We've no problem with sharing the wealth. In fact, a friend of mine, a HUGE Yankee fan, recently told me he'd like to see the O's and the Nats in the World Series, because Baltimore's not had a shot in 15 years, and DC's not had one since 1933!

Of course, there are those idiot Yankee fans who want it all every year, but an idiot is an idiot, no matter WHO they root for.
ChicagoWhiteSox 02:52 PM 09-24-2012
Originally Posted by The Poet:
People don't seem to understand that most Yankee fans have no problem with others making the playoffs, and even winning it all. We've no problem with sharing the wealth. In fact, a friend of mine, a HUGE Yankee fan, recently told me he'd like to see the O's and the Nats in the World Series, because Baltimore's not had a shot in 15 years, and DC's not had one since 1933!

Of course, there are those idiot Yankee fans who want it all every year, but an idiot is an idiot, no matter WHO they root for.
Why not want to win it all every year? What's the point in cheering for your team when you just don't care if they win or not?
The Poet 03:02 PM 09-24-2012
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
Why not want to win it all every year? What's the point in cheering for your team when you just don't care if they win or not?
Jesus Christ, you guys are absolutely hopeless! Of course I root for the Yankees, and want them to win! But make up you damn mind, if you have one to make up! Do you want me to be wrong, just because the Yanks are my team? What nonsense is that? In your eyes, if the Yanks win it all, I and my fellow NY fans are all @$$holes. If NY loses, we are @$$holes who got what they deserved. Get over your damn selves, stop worring about what happens in The Bronx, and concentrate on winning your own damn games, instead of trying not to lose as many as the next guy, and backing into the playoffs!

Sheesh.

Sorry, but I can only take so much foolishness before I pop.

:-)

I'm logging off now, as I've had enough for one day. Bye.
ChicagoWhiteSox 03:32 PM 09-24-2012
Jesus Christ, you guys are absolutely hopeless! Of course I root for the Yankees, and want them to win! But make up you damn mind, if you have one to make up! Do you want me to be wrong, just because the Yanks are my team? What nonsense is that? In your eyes, if the Yanks win it all, I and my fellow NY fans are all @$$holes. If NY loses, we are @$$holes who got what they deserved. Get over your damn selves, stop worring about what happens in The Bronx, and concentrate on winning your own damn games, instead of trying not to lose as many as the next guy, and backing into the playoffs!

Sheesh.

Where do I begin with this one:-):-) Let me finish up some work and I'll get back with my response:-)
TJarv 03:39 PM 09-24-2012
Rangers magic number = 7
ChicagoWhiteSox 04:24 PM 09-24-2012

Sheesh.

I'm flattered you feel that I'm so concerned about your beloved Yanks.. not really.. Why don't you review what you've been posting recently in this thread? You are the one that is so damn worried about other teams like the Tigers and Sox... Take a chill pill, the Central is not taking any press away from the Yanks.. You're not going to lose any bandwagon fans because of the Central... Get over yourself and your team. For you to post such a crazy response is hard to understand, I mean, your team is making the postseason right?? Anyway, don't worry about what happens in the AL Central, Tom and I can take care of that for you:-):-) Maybe you are just a bit worried about the Tigers walking on you guys again:-):-)
kelmac07 05:05 PM 09-24-2012
Thomas...my two favorites teams are STILL my beloved, no matter how dysfunctional they may be, Mets and anyone playing the Yankees. :-)
icehog3 05:26 PM 09-24-2012

Sheesh.

Seriously, Thomas? You needed to log off then, you are wound just a little tight today. :-)

I couldn't care less what the Yankees do, unless they are playing the Tigers or someone in contention with the Tigers.
theonlybear4CORT 06:27 PM 09-24-2012
ahhhhhhhhh not having to worry about my team making it to the playoffs or not is great I can actually go out side and have a life now.
ChicagoWhiteSox 07:35 AM 09-25-2012
357 12:30 PM 09-27-2012
Fister set a new AL record with 9 consecutive strike-outs. Still pitching to the 10th.
CRIMPS 12:38 PM 09-27-2012
Yankees fans.... :-)

Rangers/A's day game has started off very well... 5-0 after the first. Rangers need to split the series. Magic number is still sitting at 5.
icehog3 02:05 PM 09-27-2012
Tigers get the 4 game sweep vs the Royals, no thanks to J. Benoit.
kelmac07 05:54 PM 09-27-2012
Dickey strikes out 13 and gets win #20 as the Mets win 6-5 against the Pirates. He has officially put himself in contention for the NL Cy Young award. Tied for 1st in wins, 1st in strikeouts, and second in ERA. :-)
TJarv 06:03 PM 09-27-2012
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Dickey strikes out 13 and gets win #20 as the Mets win 6-5 against the Pirates. He has officially put himself in contention for the NL Cy Young award. Tied for 1st in wins, 1st in strikeouts, and second in ERA. :-)
I hope he gets it
CRIMPS 07:27 PM 09-27-2012
Magic number down to 3.
Blak Smyth 05:38 AM 09-28-2012
So can the Dodgers win out to try and win a WC spot?
Prolly not but I can hope.
Justinphilly 05:45 AM 09-28-2012
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
So can the Dodgers win out to try and win a WC spot?
Prolly not but I can hope.
Although neither your Dodgers nor my Phillies are technically eliminated, I'd say now is a good time to give up on both teams. :-)
TJarv 06:08 AM 09-28-2012
Originally Posted by CRIMPS:
Magic number down to 3.
jonumberone 07:51 AM 10-02-2012
This season is coming down to the wire!
Yanks, now, are the 1 seed, but could slide all the way down to a wild card.
Texas is only up by 1, with 2 left to play with Oakland.
They could end up a wildcard or the one seed.
In fact all 4 teams fighting could end up with the 1 seed or a wildcard berth!
Crazy when you think about it!
Tigers lock up the Central. I always thought they would win it, but it shouldn't have taken them this long.
Kudos to Ventura! I'm sure he gave ChiSox fans more than they were hoping for.
I doubt the end of this season will match the drama of last year's, but this is fun.
I need a way to see the Oakland Vs Texas game tonight.
I hope MLB Network or ESPN airs it.
Page 23 of 38
« First < 13212223 242533 > Last »
Up