Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 23 of 104
« First < 13212223 24253373 > Last »
Sports>NHL '08- '09 Thread
Waynegro1 06:34 PM 04-01-2009
:-) Game time, Tom!!! :-)
You're probably there, aren't you?
smokeyandthebandit05 07:50 PM 04-01-2009
The Devils F*****G!!!!!!!!! SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What happened to them? #1 in the Atlantic now 7 losses in a row!

I just cant believe it! Do we just not care?
Waynegro1 08:00 PM 04-01-2009
Originally Posted by smokeyandthebandit05:
The Devils F*****G!!!!!!!!! SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What happened to them? #1 in the Atlantic now 7 losses in a row!

I just cant believe it! Do we just not care?

At least you've clinched a playoff spot. The Devils always seem to play better in the playoffs. You know how the NHL is, "Second Season" play is always different. Have faith my friend. That's what I'm living on with my BLues. I'm just hoping they don't end up giving me the BLUES. :-)
bugmenot 08:38 PM 04-01-2009
Originally Posted by Waynegro1:
At least you've clinched a playoff spot. The Devils always seem to play better in the playoffs. You know how the NHL is, "Second Season" play is always different. Have faith my friend. That's what I'm living on with my BLues. I'm just hoping they don't end up giving me the BLUES. :-)

I hope they can keep the Ducks out the playoffs. Dislike both teams, but its been awhile since a good sharks/blues matchup.
Waynegro1 09:29 PM 04-01-2009
Originally Posted by bugmenot:
I hope they can keep the Ducks out the playoffs. Dislike both teams, but its been awhile since a good sharks/blues matchup.
I hear ya. Those were some great games, but it may be wishful thinking the way the Blues played tonight. :-) It was like they were playing in slow motion. The Blues couldn't get anything going with Chicago keeping 4 back and 1 on the forecheck.

By the way congrats on the win, Tom. :-)
I guess you had to beat us once this season. :-)
smokeyandthebandit05 09:31 PM 04-01-2009

I honestly can say tonights game was the first in a while Ive watched. I was talkin to a friend on facebook who is also a huge Devils fan and he told me that the refs have been calling alot of stuff against the Devils that should have not been called causing power plays (where we have been really sucking and allowing goals) and letting stuff go that should have been called on the team they were playing. Tonight Brent Sutter actually went out on the ice to yell at the ref and they game him a penalty for something like "abusing a ref"
icehog3 11:44 PM 04-01-2009
I hear ya. Those were some great games, but it may be wishful thinking the way the Blues played tonight. :-) It was like they were playing in slow motion. The Blues couldn't get anything going with Chicago keeping 4 back and 1 on the forecheck.

By the way congrats on the win, Tom. :-)
I guess you had to beat us once this season. :-)
That's the second time. :-)

St Louis didn't play with the urgency I expected being that they are fighting for their playoff lives...especially against a team that played last night in Montreal. Jackman and Oshie were not the dominating forces the way they were the last couple times the Blues beat the Hawks.

Good luck on the rest of the playoff run....I would love to see all 5 teams in the division make the postseason. :-)
SmokeyJoe 07:08 PM 04-02-2009
Watchin' the Hurricanes and the Rangers...

In the second period, that idiot Avery grabbed Cam Ward by the helmet and forced his head down... and he actually got whistled for it! :-)

Zebras don't miss everything, I guess. :-)
icehog3 09:59 PM 04-02-2009
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe:
Watchin' the Hurricanes and the Rangers...

In the second period, that idiot Avery grabbed Cam Ward by the helmet and forced his head down... and he actually got whistled for it! :-)

Zebras don't miss everything, I guess. :-)
Nice win for the 'canes, Joe! :-)
SmokeyJoe 10:03 PM 04-02-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Nice win for the 'canes, Joe! :-)
Thanks, Tom! 'Canes are playing well... preparing myself financially for the playoff tickets. :-)
Waynegro1 10:10 PM 04-02-2009
Congrats on the win, Joe. :-)

I'm sorry I didn't watch the 'Canes game, but I was too busy watching the Blues beat Detroit. I didn't have much hope going into this one. Just goes to show, ya don't count your chickens in hockey.
SmokeyJoe 10:19 PM 04-02-2009
Congrats on the win, Joe. :-)

I'm sorry I didn't watch the 'Canes game, but I was too busy watching the Blues beat Detroit. I didn't have much hope going into this one. Just goes to show, ya don't count your chickens in hockey.
Nice win over the Red Wings! Shaping up to be quite an exciting end of season. :-)
Waynegro1 10:24 PM 04-02-2009
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe:
Nice win over the Red Wings! Shaping up to be quite an exciting end of season. :-)
You can say that again, talk about an emotional rollercoaster.
icehog3 11:35 PM 04-02-2009
You can say that again, talk about an emotional rollercoaster.
They have a pretty legit shot at getting in.....wouldn't want to be #8 though and catch the Sharks in round 1.
bugmenot 01:36 AM 04-03-2009
Thank you to the blues! Sharks win, and a Detroit loss! I said it a couple weeks ago that I thought the blues were going to sneak in, hopefully I turn out correct.
icehog3 09:12 AM 04-03-2009
Originally Posted by bugmenot:
Thank you to the blues! Sharks win, and a Detroit loss! I said it a couple weeks ago that I thought the blues were going to sneak in, hopefully I turn out correct.
Looks quite a bit more likely now than it did a few weeks ago. :-)
ChicagoWhiteSox 09:14 AM 04-03-2009
Tom can the hawks clinch tonight?
icehog3 09:48 AM 04-03-2009
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
Yup, a win guarantees them a spot, but Nashville is going to be hungry as they are in 9th. A Hawks win also puts them back in 4th with 5 games to play. :-)
ChicagoWhiteSox 10:06 AM 04-03-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Yup, a win guarantees them a spot, but Nashville is going to be hungry as they are in 9th. A Hawks win also puts them back in 4th with 5 games to play. :-)
Nice, Im watching this game for sure.
icehog3 10:12 AM 04-03-2009
Nice, Im watching this game for sure.
Last 6 games against division opponents, should give us some insight (good or bad) on how the Hawks will look in the playoffs.
Page 23 of 104
« First < 13212223 24253373 > Last »
Up