Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 23 of 53
« First < 13212223 242533 > Last »
Sports>*2009 MLB Thread*
kelmac07 07:15 AM 07-21-2009
[quote=PeteSB75;473485]Smoltz pitched 5 good ones and then blew it out of the water in the sixth. Very ugly inning for the Sox. Dunno why Francona left him in so long.[/QUOTE]

Isn't that his calling card?
[Reply]
yourchoice 03:04 PM 07-21-2009
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Alright, let's hear it...who's gonna get Halladay? Anyone goona bite on Matt Holiday? What's your team need before the deadline?

My Mets need a complete pitching staff overhaul (minus Santanna), some hitters with pop, a few RBI guys, and the fences at Citifield brough in about 10 feet...LOL!!!
I keep hearing the Phils are the best match for Halladay, but the Jays sure sound like they're asking for a ton. I heard that Pat Gillick (no longer the GM, but still involved with the Phils organization) is in Toronto scouting him. Jays scouts are (supposedly) all over the Phils teams (MLB, AAA, AA, A) scouting.

Would I love to have him? YES! And the Phillies have several guys who are major league ready that have no place to play (Donald, Marson, Taylor) and have some pretty exciting minor league talent too (Brown), but what pitching would they have to give up to get him? Happ, Drabek, Corasco, Knapp? It's nice to be in the position to talk about it, and even nicer to have the talent other teams want making it possible, but how much is too much for Doc? Man, I don't know...
[Reply]
taltos 05:05 PM 07-21-2009
[quote=kelmac07;473507]
Originally Posted by PeteSB75:
Smoltz pitched 5 good ones and then blew it out of the water in the sixth. Very ugly inning for the Sox. Dunno why Francona left him in so long.[/QUOTE]

Isn't that his calling card?
I can live with it considering his track record of 2 World Series and 1 AL Championship Series that went to game 7.:-)
[Reply]
Darrell 06:27 PM 07-21-2009
Jesus, the Gigantes are in some weird slump we need to get out of -- it's making me crazy.
[Reply]
yourchoice 08:29 PM 07-21-2009
Originally Posted by The Poet:
So the Sox don't want Doc, the Mets don't want Doc - guess that only leaves my Yanks. Anybody want to but a lightly-used stadium. refurbished in the mid-70s? If the Big Dig is finally done, shouldn't be a problem hauling it to Yawkey Way.

:-)
I highly doubt the Jays would trade him in the Division...maybe not even the AL.
[Reply]
MedicCook 09:03 PM 07-21-2009
Yankees win, the Red Sox lost, that means the Yankees are now in 1st place 1 game ahead of the Red Sox.
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 10:44 PM 07-21-2009
Originally Posted by MedicCook:
Yankees win, the Red Sox lost, that means the Yankees are now in 1st place 1 game ahead of the Red Sox.
Good news indeed. Gonna be back and forth the whole way out I think, we're in for some good baseball the second half (as long as everyone stays healthy!).
[Reply]
MedicCook 10:48 PM 07-21-2009
The AL East will go down to the last day of the season batteling for the Division and/or Wild Card. Either way they will both be in the Postseason and hopefully meet in the ALCS. Baseball needs the Yankees/Red Sox playing each other in the postseason. Those two teams equal big ratings.
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 11:16 AM 07-22-2009
The Mets need to do some house cleaning?
http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_r...ht?eref=fromSI
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 11:26 AM 07-22-2009
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan:
The Mets need to do some house cleaning?
http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_r...ht?eref=fromSI
Damn, as if the Mets didn't already have enough problems :-)
[Reply]
The Poet 02:20 PM 07-22-2009
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
Damn, as if the Mets didn't already have enough problems :-)

Look on the bright side, Mets fans - you don't seem to be heading to a third straight September collapse.

:-)
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 04:25 PM 07-22-2009
Sox made some moves. LaRoche from Pittsburgh and Duncan from St Louis. Shoring up the bench I guess, neither strikes me as much of an impact player.
[Reply]
MedicCook 07:15 PM 07-22-2009
The Red Sox getting rid of Lugo was a great move.
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 07:38 PM 07-22-2009
The Red Sox getting rid of Lugo was a great move.
No doubt. But neither move makes much sense to me. LaRoche isn't all that great a hitter and can only play first base. Which Kotsay was doing just fine when he needed to. And Duncan they just sent down to the minors :-)
[Reply]
MedicCook 07:45 PM 07-22-2009
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
No doubt. But neither move makes much sense to me. LaRoche isn't all that great a hitter and can only play first base. Which Kotsay was doing just fine when he needed to. And Duncan they just sent down to the minors :-)
The LaRoche move seems to be a just in case move which cost them nothing and the Lugo for Duncan move was just to get rid of Lugo who they have been shopping all year.
[Reply]
kelmac07 10:40 PM 07-22-2009
Beat a man when he's down..I see how it is. :-)
[Reply]
MedicCook 10:46 PM 07-22-2009
Yankees win their 6th in a row and now have a 2 game lead on the Red Sox.
[Reply]
The Poet 03:14 PM 07-23-2009
Yankees win their 6th in a row and now have a 2 game lead on the Red Sox.
I am pleased, but not shocked. Aside from that blip in Anaheim they have been playing great ball for a month now. As for the Sox, I am shocked they've lost 5 of 6, but it's way too early to be pleased. It is late July, not September.
[Reply]
kelmac07 03:26 PM 07-23-2009
As much as I despise the Yankees...they are playing some great ball, along with Atlanta and Philly.
[Reply]
pnoon 03:28 PM 07-23-2009
Perfecto! ! !

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...x.html?cnn=yes
[Reply]
Page 23 of 53
« First < 13212223 242533 > Last »
Up