Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 23 of 34
« First < 13212223 242533 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>iPhone Cigar App RELEASED!
KenS 01:18 PM 10-11-2009
Originally Posted by mkr160:
How bout some Kristoff's.
How 'bout 20 of em? Ok, done :-)
[Reply]
KenS 01:31 PM 10-11-2009
ok, I just reviewed this entire thread, and I think I've added all cigar brands that have been requested here (except Taboo which is being worked, I hope). Certainly there are many more that I could add, but the requests are up to date.

Total of 3,077 cigars and 126 brands.

Let me know what else is missing, and more importantly, let me know of any errors that you see as you use the app. I'm sure there are likely some typos, and I'd like to clean it up as much as possible.

Thanks for all the help and support :-)
[Reply]
troutbreath 01:33 PM 10-11-2009
Great app, Ken. Put in some time updating my inventory on Friday. I had gotten some Cain's a few weeks ago, and had not put them in because I was going to have to update the database. Then, on Friday, I did the auto-update and there they were.

Lots of fun!
[Reply]
KenS 02:23 PM 10-13-2009
More feedback requested:

I just got a file from Famous Smoke Shop with a listing of their house and exclusive brands, with info to import into Mobile Stogie. But they omitted 'binder', 'filler', and 'wrapper' info. How important is that info to include in the app? It seems like it's always a pain in the a$$ to collect that info, and I don't personally use it for anything, but wanted to get feedback from other users.

I've emailed back asking for that data, but have my doubts about them sending it.

Thoughts?

BTW, the list includes 1,485 records !!! Some of them are 'bundles' of more than one cigar, so I won't include those, but still this will add a hell of a lot of new cigars to the database. It also means I have to make a more efficient way to get to the info in the app (search, index, etc.); I'll be working on that...
[Reply]
tenbaseg 04:36 PM 10-13-2009
Originally Posted by KenS:
More feedback requested:

I just got a file from Famous Smoke Shop with a listing of their house and exclusive brands, with info to import into Mobile Stogie. But they omitted 'binder', 'filler', and 'wrapper' info. How important is that info to include in the app? It seems like it's always a pain in the a$$ to collect that info, and I don't personally use it for anything, but wanted to get feedback from other users.

I've emailed back asking for that data, but have my doubts about them sending it.

Thoughts?

BTW, the list includes 1,485 records !!! Some of them are 'bundles' of more than one cigar, so I won't include those, but still this will add a hell of a lot of new cigars to the database. It also means I have to make a more efficient way to get to the info in the app (search, index, etc.); I'll be working on that...
It's not super important for me to have the info. I use the app for inventory, and tasting notes. If I'm really curious about an origin, I'd look it up., :-)
[Reply]
massphatness 04:44 PM 10-13-2009
Originally Posted by tenbaseg:
It's not super important for me to have the info. I use the app for inventory, and tasting notes. If I'm really curious about an origin, I'd look it up., :-)
:-) ditto
[Reply]
sikk50 06:42 PM 10-13-2009
I very rarely use it to see what regions the tobacco came from.
[Reply]
jdakine 07:03 PM 10-13-2009
I like the app, i now have a better inventory of my cigars and when I purchased. Easy to use and to input cigars that may not be on the app it self.
[Reply]
massphatness 07:06 PM 10-13-2009
You know what else rocks about this app?

99% of the time I'm at work when I see something in the TAW thread I want or the MAW thread I want to grant. Prior to Mobile Stogie I never wanted to post up because I wasn't 100% sure of my inventory. No longer a problem. It is easily a Top 10 app for me (which I guess is a sad commentary on my life, but what the hell).
[Reply]
McSmokey 07:12 PM 10-13-2009
Originally Posted by massphatness:
You know what else rocks about this app?

99% of the time I'm at work when I see something in the TAW thread I want or the MAW thread I want to grant. Prior to Mobile Stogie I never wanted to post up because I wasn't 100% sure of my inventory. No longer a problem. It is easily a Top 10 app for me (which I guess is a sad commentary on my life, but what the hell).
:-) but I think I've moved a little farther than this since I now spend spare time sending stuff to ken to add to the database. Which reminds me you will probably get another email from me Friday if I can get it done before company shows up :-)
[Reply]
Addiction 03:13 PM 10-21-2009
Ken,

I don't care about country of orgin, but that may be mostly because I don't even track the 5 or 6 sticks I own where it would matter lol. Also on the Cuban side you are missing the Vegas Robaina 5th Anniversary humi sticks and the Jubilaums Edition sticks.
[Reply]
KenS 05:31 PM 10-21-2009
Originally Posted by Addiction:
Ken,

I don't care about country of orgin, but that may be mostly because I don't even track the 5 or 6 sticks I own where it would matter lol. Also on the Cuban side you are missing the Vegas Robaina 5th Anniversary humi sticks and the Jubilaums Edition sticks.
Probably because I don't own any:-)

oh, ok, I'll get them added :-)
[Reply]
SilverFox 05:33 PM 10-21-2009
Said it before Ken but this app is my number one app.

Especially now that I have the Aristocrat, one it makes keeping track easier and two I can now get to the things that are on the list.

Thank you for an exceptional product.
[Reply]
KenS 05:45 PM 10-21-2009
Originally Posted by SilverFox:
Said it before Ken but this app is my number one app.

Especially now that I have the Aristocrat, one it makes keeping track easier and two I can now get to the things that are on the list.

Thank you for an exceptional product.
I'm just about done with the next version now. Main additions are a 'move between humidors' capability and a feature to email your entire inventory (or any subset of your inventory). Just a few user interface tweaks and some testing remain. Probably submit to apple this weekend.

Thanks for the continued support :-)
[Reply]
SilverFox 07:05 PM 10-21-2009
Originally Posted by KenS:
I'm just about done with the next version now. Main additions are a 'move between humidors' capability and a feature to email your entire inventory (or any subset of your inventory). Just a few user interface tweaks and some testing remain. Probably submit to apple this weekend.

Thanks for the continued support :-)
Man you beat me to it.

I was just going to ask if you could set up a mailing function to be able to mail a CSV file to yourself.

I think I will head on over to the other board I am on and post up a thread on your app.

Thanks for all your hard work Ken
[Reply]
AngryBill 07:37 PM 10-21-2009
LOVe the app...
[Reply]
KenS 08:08 PM 10-21-2009
Originally Posted by SilverFox:
Man you beat me to it.

I was just going to ask if you could set up a mailing function to be able to mail a CSV file to yourself.

I think I will head on over to the other board I am on and post up a thread on your app.

Thanks for all your hard work Ken
Yep, it sends the email with a csv attachment :-)
[Reply]
earnold25 09:24 AM 10-22-2009
this thread is getting huge, and I'm sorry if I'm asking something that has been gone over in one of the 20+ pages.

Would anyone besides me think having a "random cigar selector" for helping figure out what to smoke be a cool feature? Ken, would this even be possible? Maybe even utilizing the iphone's motion sensitivity by shaking it? :-)
[Reply]
KenS 11:28 AM 10-22-2009
Originally Posted by earnold25:
this thread is getting huge, and I'm sorry if I'm asking something that has been gone over in one of the 20+ pages.

Would anyone besides me think having a "random cigar selector" for helping figure out what to smoke be a cool feature? Ken, would this even be possible? Maybe even utilizing the iphone's motion sensitivity by shaking it? :-)
That code is already done :-). It will be in the next release as well. Give the phone a shake, and it pops up a random cigar from your inventory. I had a technical glitch at the last minute, so commented out the code when I release that last version. And no, I don't think this was discussed in earlier parts of the thread. I was keeping it as a surprise :-)
[Reply]
KenS 11:38 AM 10-22-2009
Originally Posted by Addiction:
Ken,

Done...tap yer update button :-)
[Reply]
Page 23 of 34
« First < 13212223 242533 > Last »
Up