Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 23 of 138
« First < 13212223 24253373123 > Last »
Sports>NHL '10 - '11 Thread
ChicagoWhiteSox 09:06 PM 11-10-2010
The Hawks just couldn't get the puck to the net tonight. Toews had a great chance late 3rd period but missed wide.
Ahbroody 01:25 AM 11-11-2010
Kovalchuk epic shoutout fail. He is not having a good season after signing that big contract.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6NuT41Wu7A
icehog3 01:32 AM 11-11-2010
Hawks looks rotten tonight, but the beers were cold.
kugie 05:12 AM 11-11-2010
The B's Win 7-4. 5 Goals in the third period. It's good to see they did not play well in this game the first two periods.
To see them come out and just kill the Pens was nice.
They look good this year, I know it's early but They are playing with a little more fire this year than they showed all of last year.:-)
jmsremax 06:21 AM 11-11-2010
Originally Posted by kugie:
The B's Win 7-4. 5 Goals in the third period. It's good to see they did not play well in this game the first two periods.
To see them come out and just kill the Pens was nice.
They look good this year, I know it's early but They are playing with a little more fire this year than they showed all of last year.:-)
I'm concerned with their lack of scoring early in the game. This is the 3rd game that they can't find their groove until the third. Their passes have been sloopy, still have to dump and chase.....

Don't get me wrong I am glad they won, but this style of play won't work all time.
kugie 06:28 AM 11-11-2010
Originally Posted by jmsremax:
I'm concerned with their lack of scoring early in the game. This is the 3rd game that they can't find their groove until the third. Their passes have been sloopy, still have to dump and chase.....

Don't get me wrong I am glad they won, but this style of play won't work all time.

These next couple of games should really be a tough test of who this team really is. 3 games in 4 nights
jmsremax 06:31 AM 11-11-2010
Originally Posted by kugie:
These next couple of games should really be a tough test of who this team really is. 3 games in 4 nights
Ya can't wait for tonight! :-)

There's never a dull moment at the Garden when the Habs are in town.
357 06:42 AM 11-11-2010
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
Kovalchuk epic shoutout fail. He is not having a good season after signing that big contract.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6NuT41Wu7A
That was an EPIC FAIL. :-)
IBQTEE1 08:12 AM 11-11-2010
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
The Hawks just couldn't get the puck to the net tonight. Toews had a great chance late 3rd period but missed wide.
They played the same way they did on Sunday. Argh!! I can't believe all the wide open shots that they missed.
SmokeyJoe 10:37 AM 11-11-2010
Heading to the 'Canes game tonight... Flyers in town - former 'Canes Coach Laviolette back in Raleigh.

Hoping for a good game.
:-)
icehog3 10:40 AM 11-11-2010
Have fun Joe, hope they have a better effort than my Hawks did last night. Thank goodness for beer. :-)
Prefy 10:51 AM 11-11-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Have fun Joe, hope they have a better effort than my Hawks did last night. Thank goodness for beer. :-)
I really didn't think the Hawks had a bad game last night. They totally dominated the first period outshoiting the coyotes 14-4. They slowed down in the second and third a bit but still controlled most of the play, othen then the 30 second brain fart where the Coyotes scored their two goals.

From listening to the post game I think Hawks fans expections are a little bit lofty. If I didnt know better I would think I was in Toronto listening to the Leafs post game show.

Some notes I did take:
-Not enough traffic in front of the net
-John Scott should not be in a Hawks Uniform.
-Jack Skille was the best player on the ice with line three being the best in the game.
icehog3 10:58 AM 11-11-2010
Originally Posted by Prefy:
I really didn't think the Hawks had a bad game last night. They totally dominated the first period outshoiting the coyotes 14-4. They slowed down in the second and third a bit but still controlled most of the play, othen then the 30 second brain fart where the Coyotes scored their two goals.

From listening to the post game I think Hawks fans expections are a little bit lofty. If I didnt know better I would think I was in Toronto listening to the Leafs post game show.

Some notes I did take:
-Not enough traffic in front of the net
-John Scott should not be in a Hawks Uniform.
-Jack Skille was the best player on the ice with line three being the best in the game.
I guess I got spoiled last year with 60 minutes of tape-to-tape passing, Matt. The Hawks breakout, and their passing, is a shell of what it was last season. Bickell needs to be back with the Icehogs and Jeremy Morin needs to be in Chicago. Duncan Keith has had more giveaways in 18 games this year than he had in 82 last year. I will give you the shutdown D in the first last night, but there are so many issues they have compared to the last 2 seasons that I am not even sure where they start. I am also pretty convinced Toews has an injury that he is not disclosing, he just isn't the JT I have seen the last two years, and I know it isn't a matter of heart or desire.

Skille has great speed and great heart, his hands just need to ctach up with his feet if he is ever going to succeed at this level.

Rant off. :-)
Prefy 11:03 AM 11-11-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I guess I got spoiled last year with 60 minutes of tape-to-tape passing, Matt. The Hawks breakout, and their passing, is a shell of what it was last season. Bickell needs to be back with the Icehogs and Jeremy Morin needs to be in Chicago. Duncan Keith has had more giveaways in 18 games this year than he had in 82 last year. I will give you the shutdown D in the first last night, but there are so many issues they have compared to the last 2 seasons that I am not even sure where they start. I am also pretty convinced Toews has an injury that he is not disclosing, he just isn't the JT I have seen the last two years, and I know it isn't a matter of heart or desire.

Skille has great speed and great heart, his hands just need to ctach up with his feet if he is ever going to succeed at this level.

Rant off. :-)
It is hard for me to comment on the stuff last year and I agree that some of the passing was questionable.

As for Morin, I would say that there is pretty much zero chance of seeing him in Chicago to fill a thrid or fourth line role. The Hawks want him to play as much as he can and he will get that with the Hogs.
icehog3 01:32 PM 11-11-2010
Originally Posted by Prefy:
It is hard for me to comment on the stuff last year and I agree that some of the passing was questionable.

As for Morin, I would say that there is pretty much zero chance of seeing him in Chicago to fill a thrid or fourth line role. The Hawks want him to play as much as he can and he will get that with the Hogs.
Frankly, Matt, I agree...I would like to see Morin on the first or second line, as I think he has the most offensive upside after 4 others (Toews, Kane, Hossa, Sharp).
357 05:58 AM 11-12-2010
Caught some of the first period but missed the rest; Wings looked good. Then again, they were playing the Oilers. But, winning 8 of their last 10 has them tied with the Blues for first.
GreekGodX 07:22 AM 11-12-2010
Holy scoring last night! A lot of games were very high scoring and blowouts.
Sled Dog 10:52 AM 11-12-2010
Newbie here but I can't resist jumping into an NHL discussion... being from Buffalo though the Sabres aren't much to talk about.

Icehog..... how has Campbell been for the hawks.... I know the Sabres PP has sucked ever since he left
icehog3 10:56 AM 11-12-2010
Originally Posted by Sled Dog:
Newbie here but I can't resist jumping into an NHL discussion... being from Buffalo though the Sabres aren't much to talk about.

Icehog..... how has Campbell been for the hawks.... I know the Sabres PP has sucked ever since he left
Certainly not worth 7 MIL a year. :-)

Hey, they got the first Cup I have seen in my lifetime, so I love all 20 of them from last year. :-)
Ahbroody 11:09 AM 11-12-2010
All Swedish no Finnish. Then again that's the sharks right now. I took a 5-3 to score a damn goal last night. Coach actually pulled the first line on one pp to send a message. They scored one pp goal in like 18 pp. Dan Boyle was the only player who played last night getting the pp goal and a shoutout goal. Without him the Sharks would have allowed the isles to break their 8 game losing streak.

The radio broadcast was comedy. They couldn't get demers. For the between period interview so Jaime Baker impersonated demers. The canned answers were epic. Made me laugh because 3/4 of the time you know what players are going to say.
Page 23 of 138
« First < 13212223 24253373123 > Last »
Up