Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 228 of 350
« First < 128178218226227228 229230238278328 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
icehog3 10:40 AM 09-06-2010
Day off today, first in 9 days.

Hoping hockey season starts this week, need the cardio. :-)
DBall 12:13 PM 09-06-2010
Went today with a guy I work with who has been a powerlifter for a really long time. Typically, I do all circuit stuff then go down to the free weight room and see what I can learn by watching others... considering I go at odd times though, no one is really there.

Today, I learned so much and, for the first time in a long time, I really feel like I got a workout (did upper body only). Everything from my abs up feels tired (but not sore).

Really wish I had someone to go with more often... turns out I need a spotter... hahaha.
BigFrank 06:57 PM 09-06-2010
Good looking there Dan. Try and hook up with the guy you work with when he goes. Soak up as much as you can. Most powerlifters who have been in the game a long time become masters of technique. At a certain point the weight becomes irrelevant when poundage's soar, and technique needs to be spot on. Plus from training with guys like that they will be able to watch you and help you do well also.

Squats today with some rack pulls at a new Gym. The crew has been looking for a new home and were are testing the waters at a new place that opened up for "hardcore" lifters.
GreekGodX 07:04 PM 09-06-2010
Originally Posted by BigFrank:
Good looking there Dan. Try and hook up with the guy you work with when he goes. Soak up as much as you can. Most powerlifters who have been in the game a long time become masters of technique. At a certain point the weight becomes irrelevant when poundage's soar, and technique needs to be spot on. Plus from training with guys like that they will be able to watch you and help you do well also.

Squats today with some rack pulls at a new Gym. The crew has been looking for a new home and were are testing the waters at a new place that opened up for "hardcore" lifters.
I'd love to find a place that's hardcore, and without a risk of Hep C :-)
GreekGodX 07:08 PM 09-06-2010
On another note came across this article.. Seems Crazy!

10 Awesome Challenges
icehog3 10:03 PM 09-06-2010
Originally Posted by BigFrank:
So how was the place, Frank?
PeteSB75 07:20 AM 09-08-2010
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
Mmm leg day this morning before work.. First time in a while I made it to the gym at 7am. Felt good.
You like to sleep in? :-) I'm usually at the gym when they open at 5 for my morning workouts...

Chest/Arms Monday, Legs yesterday. Good stuff.
GreekGodX 02:46 PM 09-08-2010
Originally Posted by PeteSB75:
You like to sleep in? :-) I'm usually at the gym when they open at 5 for my morning workouts...

Chest/Arms Monday, Legs yesterday. Good stuff.
During the week I work at 5am so no chance to get to the gym before that :-) Labor Day I worked @ 9am so I got to go in early like I used to. I hate sleeping in :-)

Hit back yesterday. Loved every second. Weight went up in my bent over rows from 235 last week to 255 this week(6 Sets of 3 reps). Next back workout I'm going to shoot to rep 265-275. Up to 230pounds(body weight) :-) My mom says I eat too much :-)

Today was leg day again. More hamstring dominant, where as monday was quad dominant. Good times
Mugen910 02:48 PM 09-08-2010
I feel like turning back into a fat, lazy, slob....
GreekGodX 03:00 PM 09-08-2010
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
Fight it, Bao :-)
Mugen910 03:02 PM 09-08-2010
Fight it, Bao :-)
but it's sooo easy!

4 months of lifting..cutting out a lot of fat and sugar (not all but a lot) and I gain 7 farkin lbs?!?! You kidding me?!?! the only good thing is my belly is a tad smaller.. So now I can see my.................

Toes....

:-)
Tripp 03:09 PM 09-08-2010
7 farkin lbs?!?!
If you lost some belly, sounds to me like your bodyfat % has probably gone down pretty significantly and you're replacing it with muscley goodness. :-)
GreekGodX 03:14 PM 09-08-2010
but it's sooo easy!

4 months of lifting..cutting out a lot of fat and sugar (not all but a lot) and I gain 7 farkin lbs?!?! You kidding me?!?! the only good thing is my belly is a tad smaller.. So now I can see my.................

Toes....

:-)
It's not always about the number that's on the scale.. I've been down to 160-170, running minimum 7 miles a day, and I looked terrible. I looked like a herion addicted model. Once I started running less, putting on weight and gaining more muscle I started looking way better. I'd focus more on your body fat %, how clothes fit, how you look in the mirror, and how you look to your gf :-)
Mugen910 03:16 PM 09-08-2010
It's not always about the number that's on the scale.. I've been down to 160-170, running minimum 7 miles a day, and I looked terrible. I looked like a herion addicted model. Once I started running less, putting on weight and gaining more muscle I started looking way better. I'd focus more on your body fat %, how clothes fit, how you look in the mirror, and how you look to your gf :-)
body fat %, Never checked
how clothes fit Feels only a little different
how you look in the mirror Look only a tad different
how you look to your gf She still knows it's me.
GreekGodX 03:21 PM 09-08-2010
Keep at it Bao. You will get there. Takes time brother. Maybe we need a workout herf :-) :-)

If you can get your body fat % checked do it. I think that may help you in your goals.
Tripp 03:28 PM 09-08-2010
body fat %,
how you look to your gf She still knows it's me.
Try asking someone you haven't seen in a while, girlfriends don't tend to notice much, since the changes are taking place over such a long period of time. Same thing with looking in the mirror. You look at yourself every day, so don't notice the changes. Try looking at a picture from before you started lifting, you'll probably see a difference.
icehog3 04:28 PM 09-08-2010
Back day for me too. Tried to start with pull-ups, but about the 5th rep on the 1st set I could tell the rib cartilidge is still not healed....I have heard it can be a nagging injury.

Luckily, rowing doesn't bother it, so I hit heavy barbell and T-Bar rows, dumbbell rows, cable rows and finished with some good stretching.

Hope hockey season starts soon, I need some cardio besides running to the dinner table. :-)
bonjing 11:50 AM 09-09-2010
I'm with you, lets start a new thread :-).

All joking aside, don't do it :-) Just keep at it and you'll feel a difference. stop using the scale as a reference point. I stepped on a scale on day one and haven't since, I don't want the weight loss, or lack of it, to stop me. All I know is I feel better then I have.

Back and tri's last night. I learned what pyramid training is, tonight i hope to forget what pyramid training is :-).

The night before was chest and bi's.

both days, threw in 15mins on the elliptical.

salads and cereal for the past few days
icehog3 01:32 PM 09-09-2010
Shoulders and traps today. Someone stole my straps yesterday, so I did 455 lb. sets for shrugs w/o them.....forearms were pumped!
gorob23 01:39 PM 09-09-2010
Visualized a 10k run with hills :-)

Rob :-)
Page 228 of 350
« First < 128178218226227228 229230238278328 > Last »
Up