Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 223 of 350
« First < 123173213221222223 224225233273323 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
GreekGodX 03:29 PM 08-16-2010
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
Thats why I said it takes a few weeks for your brain and body to get used to it. I did it for about 2.5 months with a lot of running and got a pretty nice cut out of it. My workouts suffered though, but at that time I wanted the beach body. Yes I was a biotch the first few weeks while my brain got adjusted. You do get one carb up day a week, but I didnt really use it.:-) Thats the whole point of Keto though is to force the body to use the fat to produce instead of the carbs. There is also a substantial increase in BMs from all the protien and veggies. That is uhhhhhh yeah thats not so fun. :-)

The upside though is that it is fast and works well provided you follow it. Two co workers have done it with very impressive results. It works just not a lot of fun. Okay it actually sucks, but it works.
I couldn't even imagine how bad your breath smelled on top of it all :-)
bonjing 03:46 PM 08-16-2010
Nice little shoulder work out last night:

arnold presse 3 x 15
"chicken wings" 3 x 15
front dumbbell raise 3x15
shrugs 3 x 20
BigFrank 06:33 PM 08-16-2010
Careful with Keto diets, the rebound is usually awful.

Squats tonight Spider Bar then some Deadlifts. Workout sucked. Didnt go heavy as I wanted to on Spider Bar Squats and tanked two pulls. :-)
Mugen910 07:29 PM 08-16-2010
Originally Posted by BigFrank:
I just drink motor oil now. **** it.
That's cuz you are a machine!!!!

Bao maybe try eliptical or stationary bike. No impact, I dont know just throwing it out there. Combined the two and your belly will shrink I promise. I have warned you about the side effects though.
I'm going to throw in eliptical an maybe a 2nd workout in the day..we'll see...but I'm not cutting carbs down that low...I'm a big enough @ss as it is already. :-)

Careful with Keto diets, the rebound is usually awful.

Squats tonight Spider Bar then some Deadlifts. Workout sucked. Didnt go heavy as I wanted to on Spider Bar Squats and tanked two pulls. :-)
1) What usually happens on the rebound?
2) What's a spider bar squat?
BigFrank 07:43 PM 08-16-2010
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
1) What usually happens on the rebound?
2) What's a spider bar squat?
I'm sure theres some science behind it but most people I know that use a keto diet when the diets over they pack it on and by a lot. Think it has something to do with how the body processes carbs after a keto diet.

http://www.flexcart.com/members/elit...&m=PD&pid=2928
Mugen910 08:35 PM 08-16-2010
I'm sure theres some science behind it but most people I know that use a keto diet when the diets over they pack it on and by a lot. Think it has something to do with how the body processes carbs after a keto diet.

http://www.flexcart.com/members/elit...&m=PD&pid=2928
I have a friend who was on a low to no carb diet..dude was ripped and muscular but he got off that diet and whoa..not pretty...Plus it's not easy for an Asian guy to cut out carbs.:-)

Thanks for the info though gents...:-)
RevSmoke 09:11 PM 08-16-2010
I'm not a big work-out guy - too much abuse to my body when I was younger.

Simple diet - no snacks after supper helped my lose 15 pounds. Maybe the biking helped a bit too.

Now I'm trying to get back in the gym and doing bike and then time on the machines working the major muscle groups just to get some tone back in this 48 year old body.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
Ahbroody 10:23 PM 08-16-2010
I have a friend who was on a low to no carb diet..dude was ripped and muscular but he got off that diet and whoa..not pretty...Plus it's not easy for an Asian guy to cut out carbs.:-)

Thanks for the info though gents...:-)
Yeah you do have to be carefull. By that though I think as long as you return to a semi healthy eating style you will be fine. Granted if you get off it and go buck wild, yeah ish will not be good. If one is just going to go buck wild afterwards there really is no point of doing it in the first place. I was mainly suggesting it because it is fast and it does work.
itzfrank 10:30 PM 08-16-2010
Yeah you do have to be carefull. By that though I think as long as you return to a semi healthy eating style you will be fine. Granted if you get off it and go buck wild, yeah ish will not be good. If one is just going to go buck wild afterwards there really is no point of doing it in the first place. I was mainly suggesting it because it is fast and it does work.
Agreed. Reintroducing carbs and almost cycling them on after a keto would seem pretty ideal. A dramatic increase in carbs would also cause a huge spike in digestive gasses. haha.
bonjing 10:56 PM 08-16-2010
Plus it's not easy for an Asian guy to cut out carbs.:-)
No joke, I've been eating long grain rice for all my life, and I just found out that short grain tastes a whole lot better with everything. So know I've been eating more rice :-)
PeteSB75 06:55 AM 08-17-2010
Deads and squats this morning. Wanted to go heavier on deads, but my grip strength needs work. Chalk helped, but I'm trying to not use straps to cheat it. Think I might want to get a belt. Good workout.
Mugen910 07:11 AM 08-17-2010
It's good to know my options though. Thanks Mike. :-)

Shoulders are a little tight from last nights workout. :-)
itzfrank 09:11 AM 08-17-2010
Originally Posted by PeteSB75:
Deads and squats this morning. Wanted to go heavier on deads, but my grip strength needs work. Chalk helped, but I'm trying to not use straps to cheat it. Think I might want to get a belt. Good workout.
It's pretty typical for smaller muscle groups to give out before larger ones. I say just go with the straps for heavier sets and use the lighter weight sets to work on grip strength. Similiar to having the use of a weight belt.
PeteSB75 03:08 PM 08-17-2010
Originally Posted by itzfrank:
It's pretty typical for smaller muscle groups to give out before larger ones. I say just go with the straps for heavier sets and use the lighter weight sets to work on grip strength. Similiar to having the use of a weight belt.
I'm fine for 1RM with no straps or at 275ish for a 5 rep set, but once I get past the first rep over 300lbs, I just can't hold on to the damn thing. I'll work on it.
itzfrank 05:24 PM 08-17-2010
Yea, I hear ya. For my H.I.T. training on back days, I have to use straps all the way through my routine or else I can't grip anything after 15 minutes. Just give your forearms some love and don't neglect them and you'll be fine. Maybe just do your warm up and semi-load sets without the grips and then move on to straps later. Then just throw in some isolation motions for the forearms after.
GreekGodX 03:45 AM 08-18-2010
Do you use a mixed grip, Pete?

It must be Shack coming up(or my terrible sleep schedule) as I had the worst workout ever yesterday. No energy and just not feeling strong at all. Only good thing was pullups. Might just shut it down for the week..
PeteSB75 06:38 AM 08-18-2010
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
Do you use a mixed grip, Pete?

It must be Shack coming up(or my terrible sleep schedule) as I had the worst workout ever yesterday. No energy and just not feeling strong at all. Only good thing was pullups. Might just shut it down for the week..
I use an overhand group up through 225, then hook grip under 300, over-under above 300.

Hey, sleep is the second most important part of your workout cycle, after food. My workouts really suffer when I get less than 7-71/2 hours a night.
GreekGodX 07:03 AM 08-18-2010
I use an overhand group up through 225, then hook grip under 300, over-under above 300.

Hey, sleep is the second most important part of your workout cycle, after food. My workouts really suffer when I get less than 7-71/2 hours a night.
I agree on the sleep. I just don't really have a normal hour work schedule so the sleep is always messed up :-)
Mugen910 12:15 PM 08-18-2010
Biceps and Triceps last night...:-) I think I need to get a few more plates for the basement gym so I can really get in a good chest workout with dumbbells.

Off tonight but going to try and get in chest and back thurs before the weekend.
GreekGodX 12:34 PM 08-18-2010
Biceps and Triceps last night...:-) I think I need to get a few more plates for the basement gym so I can really get in a good chest workout with dumbbells.

Off tonight but going to try and get in chest and back thurs before the weekend.
Pshhh trying to get all vascular before Shack to show off :-)
Page 223 of 350
« First < 123173213221222223 224225233273323 > Last »
Up