Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 220 of 350
« First < 120170210218219220 221222230270320 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
PeteSB75 09:53 AM 08-09-2010
Nice to see you guys are still at it. I'm back from my honeymoon and plan to be working out again tomorrow. It's been a good two weeks mostly off. I did take spin three times on the boat, so I wasn't a complete slug :-) But I also ate a ton, drank a bit and smoked a cigar or two every night. Cannolis in Sicily are incredible, and I do love gelato :-) especially the pistacchio and the nocciola :-)
Mugen910 10:04 AM 08-09-2010
Originally Posted by PeteSB75:
Nice to see you guys are still at it. I'm back from my honeymoon and plan to be working out again tomorrow. It's been a good two weeks mostly off. I did take spin three times on the boat, so I wasn't a complete slug :-) But I also ate a ton, drank a bit and smoked a cigar or two every night. Cannolis in Sicily are incredible, and I do love gelato :-) especially the pistacchio and the nocciola :-)
Sounds like a great time Pete!
icehog3 12:18 PM 08-09-2010
Welcome back Pete!
GreekGodX 12:35 PM 08-09-2010
Heey Pete, sounds like a great time:-) now get back to lifting!! :-)
BigFrank 02:51 PM 08-09-2010
Glad your back Peter. Off to the gym in a few to squat / deadlift. Nothing special.
itzfrank 10:15 PM 08-09-2010
Hey Icehog, how's that TRAC Xtreme working out for ya?
icehog3 10:35 PM 08-09-2010
Originally Posted by itzfrank:
Hey Icehog, how's that TRAC Xtreme working out for ya?
Not a big fan, Frank....I don't get much out of it. Everyone's body chemisty seems to be different for which of these supplements work for them and which don't, so no biggie...glad I gave it a shot.
PeteSB75 07:08 AM 08-10-2010
Thanks guys :-) Chest and arms this morning. Started off good with some volume work. I've got to say, it's been two weeks that I've been off and so, three weeks since I last did chest. The muscles, they are complaining about being back. Good to be sore :-)
itzfrank 11:27 AM 08-10-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Not a big fan, Frank....I don't get much out of it. Everyone's body chemisty seems to be different for which of these supplements work for them and which don't, so no biggie...glad I gave it a shot.
That sucks. I loved it but I'm currently rotating my Pre-W supps. I'm finishing up NO Xplode now and just moved on to MRI's Black Powder.

Atleast you can return it if you're not so happy with it. Or dish it out in 5ers and atleast make up some of the money you lost if you can't return it.

Today was Abs and Cardio.

10 Mins of High intensity ab circuit
3 miles of jogging with a heart rate of ~150bpm
icehog3 01:10 PM 08-10-2010
Originally Posted by itzfrank:
That sucks. I loved it but I'm currently rotating my Pre-W supps. I'm finishing up NO Xplode now and just moved on to MRI's Black Powder.

Atleast you can return it if you're not so happy with it. Or dish it out in 5ers and atleast make up some of the money you lost if you can't return it.

Today was Abs and Cardio.

10 Mins of High intensity ab circuit
3 miles of jogging with a heart rate of ~150bpm
I ain't worried about returning it...probably 2 out of every 3 Pre-W supps I have tried don't work for me, I just don't buy them again. Not a big deal at all. :-)
BigFrank 03:08 PM 08-10-2010
Squatting and Pulled last night. Sore as a mofo' today. Ordered some more Jack3d. I find that 2 1/2 scoops works best. I mix it with some gatorade and aminos, drink half right away then drink the second half about 1/2 way through workout. Worked well like that.
Mugen910 03:45 PM 08-10-2010
You guys really like the pre-w stuff? I have never tried it but you got me curious.
Posted via Mobile Device
Tripp 03:50 PM 08-10-2010
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
You guys really like the pre-w stuff? I have never tried it but you got me curious.
Posted via Mobile Device
I tried Jack3d after these guys wouldn't shut up about it.... Its a fixture in my cabinet now.
Mugen910 03:52 PM 08-10-2010
Basic idea is like taking caffiene shots before working out for that extra boost?
Posted via Mobile Device
Tripp 03:58 PM 08-10-2010
Basic idea is like taking caffiene shots before working out for that extra boost?
Posted via Mobile Device
pretty much. even on a day when I feel wiped out from work, I have a couple scoops and I have enough energy to lift.
Mugen910 04:00 PM 08-10-2010
Thanks Tripp...going to have to look into it..though I am not the most studious with drinking shakes as directed.
Posted via Mobile Device
itzfrank 04:24 PM 08-10-2010
Posted via Mobile Device
Most of the combinations are going to be a little more complex then that but you're on the right track. Usually, you'll find stimulants paired with amino acid combos and things of the sort.

Pre-workouts are designed to help increase energy, stimulate blood flow, increase the amount of oxygen and nutrients being carried by blood cells and increase endurance.
bonjing 06:37 PM 08-10-2010
This sucks, I lost my workout partner:-). going to the gym by myself sucks :-)
BigFrank 06:51 PM 08-10-2010
Thanks Tripp...going to have to look into it..though I am not the most studious with drinking shakes as directed.
Posted via Mobile Device
Just buy an energy drink before you get to gym. Drink 1/2 before and 1/2 during. Most guys like myself pick up the powders because they are cheaper and usually have more supplements etc. in them geared towards lifting. I'd do the energy drink before training to get used to stims. Hell even coffee does the trick.
Mugen910 08:19 PM 08-10-2010
Originally Posted by bonjing:
This sucks, I lost my workout partner:-). going to the gym by myself sucks :-)
You have a partner? Lucky!! I've been going lone wolf for a while but then again I don't like being in the gym longer than 45 min.

Originally Posted by BigFrank:
Just buy an energy drink before you get to gym. Drink 1/2 before and 1/2 during. Most guys like myself pick up the powders because they are cheaper and usually have more supplements etc. in them geared towards lifting. I'd do the energy drink before training to get used to stims. Hell even coffee does the trick.
I'll stick to black iced coffee then :-)

Biceps and Triceps tonight. Loving this 5 exercises x 3 sets x 8reps thing because it feels like I'm hitting the muscle from all angles.
Page 220 of 350
« First < 120170210218219220 221222230270320 > Last »
Up