:-)
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 04:14 PM 10-09-2013
Yawwwn, is it nba season yet?
[Reply]
CigarNut 04:24 PM 10-09-2013
Originally Posted by Adriftpanda:
Not yet, but we still have plenty of football :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 04:50 PM 10-09-2013
Originally Posted by Adriftpanda:
I'd be thinking that way too if I were a Padres fan. :-) :-)

I dunno, Dirks in, Avila out? I'm torn, Mike.

Hoping not to have to hear anything more about the Yankess until April, unless it's that some of their players are headed to prison. :-)
[Reply]
pnoon 04:52 PM 10-09-2013
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I'd be thinking that way too if I were a Padres fan. :-) :-)

I dunno, Dirks in, Avila out? I'm torn, Mike.

Hoping not to have to hear anything more about the Yankess until April, unless it's that some of their players are headed to prison. :-)
Do I look like a punching bag?

(Don't answer that?)
[Reply]
CigarSquid 06:59 AM 10-10-2013
Do or Die today.. Hope this is not a repeat of last year. Let's win this and have the crowd be great. Win it for them since the A's are back home.

Stupid work... I will not be at this game!
[Reply]
icehog3 10:15 AM 10-10-2013
Hoping the Tigers can solve Gray the second time around....
[Reply]
kelmac07 10:27 AM 10-10-2013
Sad to see the Pirates season end yesterday. What a year it was for this franchise, especially looking back to the previous 20 years. Kudos to them and their fans. Now I'm left with noone to root for in the playoffs.
[Reply]
icehog3 10:43 AM 10-10-2013
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Sad to see the Pirates season end yesterday. What a year it was for this franchise, especially looking back to the previous 20 years. Kudos to them and their fans. Now I'm left with noone to root for in the playoffs.
[Reply]
357 10:50 AM 10-10-2013
I'm not in love with V-mart catching so Miggy can DH, but the Tigers clearly need Jhonny's bat in the lineup but can't afford his lack of mobility in that HUGE LF out in Oakland. Avila is a better defensive catcher and catching is tough on Victor's knees I'm sure. I just think this would keep all the important bats in the lineup and put out the best overall defensive configuration available.

BTW Mac, we'll take you as a temporary fan if you want to pull for the Tigers. Plenty of room on this train.
[Reply]
CigarSquid 07:53 PM 10-10-2013
What a shot by Miggy. DAMN!
[Reply]
icehog3 12:18 AM 10-11-2013
If Verlander can pitch like he did in Game 2
Or even better....

; and the team can hit like they did in Game 4)
Close enough.

[Reply]
CigarSquid 06:47 AM 10-11-2013
Good series. I blame our loss on game 4. Bases loaded, no outs... couldn't get 1 run across the plate.
[Reply]
icehog3 08:24 AM 10-11-2013
Some good baseball for sure, A's got a couple good looking young arms there.
[Reply]
jonumberone 08:29 AM 10-11-2013
Some good baseball for sure, A's got a couple good looking young arms there.
I'm sure they'll be traded away pretty soon. :-)

Nice to see Verlander return to form.
It's amazing when a guy struggles a bit, how many declare him done and jump off the bandwagon.

I'm rooting for your tigers, Tom.
That may not bode well for them, as I've become "The Mush" of late. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 08:35 AM 10-11-2013
I appreciate it anyway, Dom. Verlander has been unreal in the last two postseason series with the As, a Game 1 lead off homer to Coco in 2012, and 32 scoreless, 5 hit innings since then. Guess he had to show Scherzer he is still the Ace. :-)
[Reply]
357 09:07 AM 10-11-2013
Originally Posted by garryyjr:
Good series. I blame our loss on game 4. Bases loaded, no outs... couldn't get 1 run across the plate.
I would agree. That was the turning point. If the A's get a base hit there, they take at least a 2 run lead and probably the series. Max really turned it on and got those 3 outs.

Originally Posted by jonumberone:
I'm sure they'll be traded away pretty soon. :-)

Nice to see Verlander return to form.
It's amazing when a guy struggles a bit, how many declare him done and jump off the bandwagon.

I'm rooting for your tigers, Tom.
That may not bode well for them, as I've become "The Mush" of late. :-)
Thanks Dom. We'll take ya. I watched my Tigers post 119 loses a few years back so I'm really excited about them moving on. JV still has it in him as he proved last night. He's just been inconsistent and a bit unlucky this year. The announcers last night mentioned the Tigers got shut out in 4 games in September, 3 of them JV pitched. He's has some stinkers this year but he also pitched some scoreless games and got ND's instead of W's.

I have to say I'm worried about AJ. He has better numbers against Red Sox pitchers so I hope he can turn it around. Even if Miggy's lacking power, he's still getting hits and can drive in AJ/Tori if they're getting on base.

Overall the ALDS was quite a series. Benoit gave me nervous fits last night. I wish JV came back out but it worked out in the end.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 08:33 PM 10-11-2013
Seeing Uribe at bat makes me happy. Makes me remember 2005..
[Reply]
icehog3 01:29 AM 10-12-2013
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
Seeing Uribe at bat makes me happy. Makes me remember 2005..
Hurricane Katrina? :-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 07:17 AM 10-12-2013
F**k Carlos Beltran!!!
[Reply]
Page 22 of 30
« First < 12202122 2324 > Last »
Up