Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 22 of 27
« First < 12202122 2324 > Last »
Sports>Official SEC Football Thread 2012
icehog3 06:15 PM 12-01-2012
What a game!

Congrats to 'Bama and their fans, let's bring home a 7th consecutive SEC National Championship. Next game, I'm a Tide fan.

Congrats to Georgia and their fans for a great season, and their QB for a gutsy performance.
[Reply]
Bleez 06:41 PM 12-01-2012
Roll Tide!!! What a game! Second best I've ever witnessed...maybe 1B, behind Texas/USC NC game...

Makes it a lot easier to live in Athens for the next year for sure.
[Reply]
Bleez 06:43 PM 12-01-2012
Queue then"Fire Richt's" and "Bama won that game bc of the refs"... My FB feed is full of it already.
[Reply]
cmitch 07:11 PM 12-01-2012
I'm celebrating with a T52. Can't wait to see Bama put the whoopass on some Irish.
[Reply]
hotreds 07:18 PM 12-01-2012
Great game!
[Reply]
icehog3 07:37 PM 12-01-2012
Originally Posted by Bleez:
Queue then"Fire Richt's" and "Bama won that game bc of the refs"... My FB feed is full of it already.
Always gotta blame it on someone besides their team. They played a great game against a team that was just a little bit better.
[Reply]
SvilleKid 09:47 PM 12-01-2012
Finally getting to watch game. First Saturday of December always family reunion in Mississippi for my mother's side of family. Mom is 84, oldest brother living (4 passed away already) is 90, and the baby of family (whose home the reunion is held) is 78.

Left there about game start time, but didn't listen to game, rather talk with mom. I got back home in time for the final Bama defensive stand! Only part I saw live. But it does make it easier to watch, knowing the final outcome!

Listening to those two jackass announcers (Vern and Gary) on that last drive, I got the impression that Georgia dominated the game, and Bama managed to squeak a win. At the end of the 3rd qtr (where I'm at now on dvr), I see a game that looks like both teams are playing hard, and it looks at this point that last team with ball could be the winner.

I sure hope there are better announcers calling the NC game. I cannot stand Vern and Gary. fast-forwarding thru most of the dead time between actual plays. That much LESS time to listen to them.

So far, I'm glad to see that Bama has stuck to running the ball!
[Reply]
icehog3 10:07 PM 12-01-2012
Originally Posted by OLS:
Right now UGA has the edge, but it will be who can stop the run in the 4th.
Good call, Brad. :-)
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 06:30 AM 12-02-2012
I don't watch much collage,but that was a great game:-)
[Reply]
OLS 08:15 AM 12-02-2012
Man, I was so sad to see that poor kid throw that ball where he threw it.
Even sadder that the wide receiver didn't intentionally drop it, I guess in the moment, he thought
he was awesome enough to make it into the endzone. So it comes down to poor old Matthew Stafford or
whatever his name is. You gotta throw it away and live to surf another day. They had bama RIGHT THERE for
the taking. At least a SEC team is heading for the Nat Champ. Shame it's the galactic empire. Come on Notre Dame. :-)

Be careful what you wish for bama fans, Saban WILL bolt if you win another.
[Reply]
longknocker 08:34 AM 12-02-2012
Man, I was so sad to see that poor kid throw that ball where he threw it.
Even sadder that the wide receiver didn't intentionally drop it, I guess in the moment, he thought
he was awesome enough to make it into the endzone. So it comes down to poor old Matthew Stafford or
whatever his name is. You gotta throw it away and live to surf another day. They had bama RIGHT THERE for
the taking. At least a SEC team is heading for the Nat Champ. Shame it's the galactic empire. Come on Notre Dame. :-)

I Like That, Brad, "The Galactic Empire"!:-):-)
[Reply]
longknocker 08:37 AM 12-02-2012
Be careful what you wish for bama fans, Saban WILL bolt if you win another.[/quote]

We Shall See, Brother, But I Say He Stays Until He Retires!:-):-)
[Reply]
Powers 12:18 PM 12-02-2012
Now that was a great game! Fake field goals, blocked kicks, big hits, cant ask for much more. I was not expecting Georgia to be able to match the overall physicality of Alabama but to their credit they did and then some.

I will also echo the sentiments against Vern and Gary. They are god awful, especially Vern. He makes tons of mistakes a game and his only insight on a big play is "my goodness". I believe the national title game will be on FOX so we'll have Joe Buck callng but more importantly Erin Andrews back on the sideline :-)

Although I gotta disagree with ya Brad that Saban will leave if he wins another title. Where would he go? Don't see him going back to the NFL and he sure wouldn't leave for another college job. I think he'll be at Bama till he retires, so we'll have to get used to it :-)
[Reply]
longknocker 12:57 PM 12-02-2012
Originally Posted by Powers:
Now that was a great game! Fake field goals, blocked kicks, big hits, cant ask for much more. I was not expecting Georgia to be able to match the overall physicality of Alabama but to their credit they did and then some.

I will also echo the sentiments against Vern and Gary. They are god awful, especially Vern. He makes tons of mistakes a game and his only insight on a big play is "my goodness". I believe the national title game will be on FOX so we'll have Joe Buck callng but more importantly Erin Andrews back on the sideline :-)

Although I gotta disagree with ya Brad that Saban will leave if he wins another title. Where would he go? Don't see him going back to the NFL and he sure wouldn't leave for another college job. I think he'll be at Bama till he retires, so we'll have to get used to it :-)
Thank You, Michael; I Definitely Agree!:-) May The Best Team Win In The National Championship!:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 03:15 PM 12-02-2012
Originally Posted by longknocker:
May The Best Team Win In The National Championship!:-)
You mean Alabama, right? :-)
[Reply]
Bleez 05:28 PM 12-02-2012
Speculation is fun. So if Bama wins #15 and Saban bolts for another college gig where'd he go?

Only 3 open spots in the SEC (I think), Auburn, Tennessee and Arkansas. If he left the conference where would he go? ACC? Big 12? Big Ten? You'd think he'd wanna rebuild a team that plays in a "prestigious" conference. Or, for sharts and giggles we could say he's going to go to his Alma Mater (Kent State) and continue their growth.

Long month before the NC...too much time to think, haha...
[Reply]
longknocker 05:45 PM 12-02-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
You mean Alabama, right? :-)
"Caught Me"!:-) Yes, Sir!:-)
[Reply]
OLS 05:53 PM 12-02-2012
What's that line from BoB?? "hey Gonorhea, Don't get hit in the face when Jerry throws in the sponge", lol.
There are a lot of places ol' Nicky could go where he would not have the intense pressure-cooker environment
that there is at the Capstone. He could go HOME, he could go away, he could die of an intensity-based heart attack.
I think he should go spend time with his family. Good luck in a month, that's one I won't watch. You guys enjoy it.
[Reply]
BHalbrooks 01:12 AM 12-03-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Always gotta blame it on someone besides their team. They played a great game against a team that was just a little bit better.
As a Detroit Fan you should be used to seeing that. I have to avoid most of my friends/facebook when the Lions, Tigers, Wings, Wolverines, Spartans lose...
Originally Posted by Bleez:
Speculation is fun. So if Bama wins #15 and Saban bolts for another college gig where'd he go?

Only 3 open spots in the SEC (I think), Auburn, Tennessee and Arkansas. If he left the conference where would he go? ACC? Big 12? Big Ten? You'd think he'd wanna rebuild a team that plays in a "prestigious" conference. Or, for sharts and giggles we could say he's going to go to his Alma Mater (Kent State) and continue their growth.

Long month before the NC...too much time to think, haha...
I think he was meaning he'd leave for the NFL. I could be wrong. If Nick Saban leaves 'Bama for another College team, he's a ****ing moron. He's the Coach of the "Best" team in College football. I don't think they're the best, just like I don't think ND is worthy of the #1 spot either.

Not looking forward to the BCS Title game... I was hoping for Kansas State and Oregon. Oh well.
[Reply]
longknocker 03:25 AM 12-03-2012
So If BAMA & ND Aren't The "Best" 2 Teams, Who Are? BAMA Was Rated #1 In All The Computer Polls & Rankings All Year Until They Slipped Up One Game & Lost To A&M. They Just Won The SEC Championship, Arguably The Most Difficult Conference In College Football. So Which College Team Is Better Than These 2?:-)
[Reply]
Page 22 of 27
« First < 12202122 2324 > Last »
Up