Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 22 of 38
« First < 12202122 232432 > Last »
Sports>MLB 2012 Thread
ChicagoWhiteSox 01:28 PM 09-21-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
In 1971, the Sox dropped 11 of their last 15 games.

Is that scary? Yes.
Is that true? I dunno.
Is it relevant? Not even a little.

:-)
Is it relevant? No.
Why? It's the 70's:-)

My stats...true, relevant, and apparently scary to Tom:-):-)
ChicagoWhiteSox 01:28 PM 09-21-2012
I'll try to dig up some more scary stuff later:-)
icehog3 01:29 PM 09-21-2012
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
Is it relevant? No.

My stats...true, relevant, and apparently scary to Tom:-):-)
Not even a little. :-)

If the last years' stats meant anything, the Hawks would have won the Stanley Cup in 2011.
ChicagoWhiteSox 01:49 PM 09-21-2012
Not even a little. :-)

If the last years' stats meant anything, the Hawks would have won the Stanley Cup in 2011.
True, that doesn't stop people from using history to help predict future events though. Not saying something will or won't happen. Just offering a small correlation.
The Poet 01:57 PM 09-21-2012
Is it relevant? No.

That's true, but not as true as the fact's it's not relevant because you're talking the White Sox and the Tigers here. :-)
ChicagoWhiteSox 02:09 PM 09-21-2012
Originally Posted by The Poet:
That's true, but not as true as the fact's it's not relevant because you're talking the White Sox and the Tigers here. :-)
:-):-)
icehog3 02:13 PM 09-21-2012
True, just because the Tigers pounded the Yankess in the playoffs in 2011 doesn't mean it will happen in 2012.

But it probably will. :-)
The Poet 03:04 PM 09-21-2012
True, just because the Tigers pounded the Yankess in the playoffs in 2011 doesn't mean it will happen in 2012.

But it probably will. :-)

Yeah, even a blind (ice)hog finds an acorn every now and then, or even a couple dozen. But finding a couple dozen WS Rings is a different thing entirely. :-)
icehog3 03:24 PM 09-21-2012
Yeah, even a blind (ice)hog finds an acorn every now and then, or even a couple dozen. But finding a couple dozen WS Rings is a different thing entirely. :-)
I'm all Janet Jackson-y. What have you done for me lately? :-)
The Poet 12:40 PM 09-22-2012
I'm all Janet Jackson-y. What have you done for me lately? :-)

Lately, your Tigers have tried to make a move on 1st place in the garbage AL Central . . . which is their ONLY shot at the playoffs, as they've not a snowball's chance for a wild card. :-)
ChicagoWhiteSox 01:07 PM 09-22-2012
Lately, your Tigers have tried to make a move on 1st place in the garbage AL Central . . . which is their ONLY shot at the playoffs, as they've not a snowball's chance for a wild card. :-)
Hey, the AL Central is not garbage. We just like to keep things interesting:-)
The Poet 01:51 PM 09-22-2012
Hey, the AL Central is not garbage. We just like to keep things interesting:-)

True dat, seeing as how teams just above .500, which would put them mid-pack in the East or West, remain in contention for the division crown. :-)
icehog3 01:59 PM 09-22-2012
True dat, seeing as how teams just above .500, which would put them mid-pack in the East or West, remain in contention for the division crown. :-)
Yup...win the Garbage division, then smoke the Yankees in the playoffs, ala 2011. I can live with that. :-) :-) :-)
theonlybear4CORT 11:33 AM 09-23-2012
357 11:18 AM 09-24-2012
Yup...win the Garbage division, then smoke the Yankees in the playoffs, ala 2011. I can live with that. :-) :-) :-)
This is what I'm hoping for too. Yeah the AL Central sucks, but the Cards won it all last year after winning what, 87 games, in the regular season?
icehog3 01:23 PM 09-24-2012
White Sox, Tigers ....who wants it less? :-)
The Poet 01:40 PM 09-24-2012
White Sox, Tigers ....who wants it less? :-)
Yeah, while the Yanks and O's are fighting tooth-and-nail to win the East, those two are both trying to back the other into the playoffs. Guess that's what's supposed to pass for excitement and competition in the Central. :-)
ChicagoWhiteSox 01:50 PM 09-24-2012
Yeah, while the Yanks and O's are fighting tooth-and-nail to win the East, those two are both trying to back the other into the playoffs. Guess that's what's supposed to pass for excitement and competition in the Central. :-)
The later is far more exciting. Either way, Yanks and O's both will make the postseason. Who cares about that? Once you're in, it's anyones game.
The Poet 02:01 PM 09-24-2012
The later is far more exciting. Either way, Yanks and O's both will make the postseason. Who cares about that? Once you're in, it's anyones game.

I guess that's a matter of opinion, but to me the only thing which makes the Central "more exciting" is the fact that you either win the division or go golfing, as there will be NO wildcard for the loser. And speaking of which, do not forget that, with the new wildcard format, there will be only ONE play-in game, so the value of winning one's division has more importance today than it has had since the old days before the playoffs expanded. That added, for instance, even more significance to the Yanks/A's series which just ended, as it potentially meant either one or the other team would have to travel 2500 miles to compete in a "sudden death" game.

But with myopic "homer" loyalty, I'd not expect you guys to see that for yourselves. :-)
icehog3 02:18 PM 09-24-2012
At least you admit your perspective is myopic, Thomas. :-)

Regardless of the circumstances I am just happy the Tigers are still in the hunt the last 10 days of the season. Unlike the Yankees, Detroit hasn't been in then playoffs 73 times in the last 64 years. :-)
Page 22 of 38
« First < 12202122 232432 > Last »
Up