Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 22 of 36
« First < 12202122 232432 > Last »
Sports>New York Mets 2011 Banter
kelmac07 07:39 PM 06-18-2011
Pelfrey pitches a complete game and the Mets beat the Angels 6-1. But you know what?? He is still a bum. :-)
Humpdebump 07:52 AM 06-19-2011
I actually like Pelfrey, but he's suited for middle or bottom of rotation. If Santana was back and we had a second guy then I think he would be a solid 3-5 guy. Bay looks like he might be starting to come around.
kelmac07 11:48 AM 06-19-2011
Neise has started the game looking like stir fried dog crap. :-) :-)
kelmac07 06:13 PM 06-19-2011
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Neise has started the game looking like stir fried dog crap. :-) :-)
And we get our a$$ handed to us 7-3. Thanks Niese.
kelmac07 07:11 PM 06-21-2011
Mets getting rocked by the As at home tonight. :-) :-)

Gee's first bad outing of the year. So much for 8-0. :-)
The Poet 02:26 PM 06-22-2011
Mets win another and Dillon Gee goes 7-0...
Originally Posted by The Poet:
Gee, I guess it's time to trade him for some has-been. :-)
Mets getting rocked by the As at home tonight. :-) :-)

Gee's first bad outing of the year. So much for 8-0. :-)

Well gee, you can't say I didn't warn you! :-)
jonumberone 06:33 PM 06-22-2011
Reports are that Ike Davis need season ending surgery!

Mac, Let me know what size you wear and I can get you a Yankee hat. :-)
BigAsh 06:37 PM 06-22-2011
Originally Posted by jonumberone:

:-)....gotta better chance of a Phillies cap!

I like how Reyes is all "mighty" now...sign me or wait til the season is over....funny he's the only Met who doesn't know the season ended in May....:-)
kelmac07 06:38 PM 06-22-2011

:-) :-) :-) :-)
The Poet 02:24 PM 06-23-2011
Mac, Let me know what size you wear and I can get you a Yankee hat.
:-) :-) :-) :-)

As near as I can tell by that reply, Mac's hat size is an 8.

Damn, he's got a mighty big head, especially for a Met fan! :-)
kelmac07 06:00 PM 06-23-2011
Capuano looked good this afernoon...Mets take the series against the As. Reyes continues to hit. :-) :-)
Humpdebump 08:22 AM 06-24-2011
I say trade Reyes while he's hot, I know I might get killed for saying that but, if he stays healthy this season it will only be his 2nd or 3rd season being healthy all year. There are a couple teams that might be willing to give a decent package for him. When he is healthy, he is awesome to watch but he always has something going on and this is a walk year.
kelmac07 02:24 PM 06-24-2011
Originally Posted by Humpdebump:
I say trade Reyes while he's hot, I know I might get killed for saying that but, if he stays healthy this season it will only be his 2nd or 3rd season being healthy all year. There are a couple teams that might be willing to give a decent package for him. When he is healthy, he is awesome to watch but he always has something going on and this is a walk year.
While it is true...he had has his share of injuries. I don't trade him unless we get a few TOP prospects (and they'd better be pitchers). I am confident Tejada can play short. The question is whether he will hit or not. I could see that Yankees making a bid for him. Doesn't help that Reyes told the Mets he will not negotiate until after the season is over. :-) :-) Can't risk just losing him with nothing in return. Double edged sword if ya ask me.
jonumberone 02:54 PM 06-24-2011
If the Mets offer him Carl Crawford money he'll sign now! :-)
The Poet 03:02 PM 06-24-2011
I could see that Yankees making a bid for him.
My :-)? Please. The Yankees are not likely to give up top pitching prospects for Reyes, as they need them more than they do a prima donna shortstop, no matter how he hits and fields. Also, as when Donnie Baseball retired, whoever tries to replace Jeets will not only need to compete on the field but also handle the pressure of stepping into the shoes of a beloved fixture. Tino Martinez could do so, and did. Jose has never shown the grace necessary to accomplish that. Sorry, but that's the way I see it.
kelmac07 04:14 PM 06-24-2011
Originally Posted by The Poet:
My :-)? Please. The Yankees are not likely to give up top pitching prospects for Reyes, as they need them more than they do a prima donna shortstop, no matter how he hits and fields. Also, as when Donnie Baseball retired, whoever tries to replace Jeets will not only need to compete on the field but also handle the pressure of stepping into the shoes of a beloved fixture. Tino Martinez could do so, and did. Jose has never shown the grace necessary to accomplish that. Sorry, but that's the way I see it.
I will agree with you there Thomas...Reyes does not have the class that Jeter does. But he can play a hell of a shortstop and he runs like the wind. :-)
The Poet 04:21 PM 06-24-2011
But he can play a hell of a shortstop and he runs like the wind. :-)
No argument with that, brother.
kelmac07 03:46 AM 06-25-2011
Mets drop one 8-1 tp the Ranger...thanks a lot Pelfrey. :-) :-)
kelmac07 08:03 PM 06-25-2011
Mets pound the Rangers today 14-5. Guess that means we will be shutout tomorrow. :-) :-)
jonumberone 08:19 PM 06-25-2011
Mets pound the Rangers today 14-5. Guess that means we will be shutout tomorrow. :-) :-)
I was thinking the same thing :-)
Page 22 of 36
« First < 12202122 232432 > Last »
Up