Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 22 of 35
« First < 12202122 232432 > Last »
Sports>WHO DEY!!!! Bengals fans check in!!!!
WhoDeySchenk 10:05 AM 11-24-2010
I've been saying it for years Adam, however, there's a lot more in that tree that needs to come down! It's best to start with the first rotting limb.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 10:21 PM 11-24-2010
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
I was never a fan of Bratkowski.
You are a liar. Just like you probably 'never liked the Andre Smith pick'. :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 10:26 PM 11-24-2010
Originally Posted by WhoDeySchenk:
I've been saying it for years Adam, however, there's a lot more in that tree that needs to come down! It's best to start with the first rotting limb.
Well Marvin is now a lame duck (I guess you really NEVER know with Mike Brown), which means his entire staff is gone. I predict OL coach Paul Alexander stays, they try and re-hire D-coordinator Mike Zimmer and he balks at it unless he can fill out his own staff. The problem with the whole staff is they are all 'Marvin's guys' and most of them suck. Hugh Jackson (Oakland OC) peaced out 5 years ago and they haven't made significant firings in 4 years. This staff was filled with stale, bad coaching and I am interested to see who the new staff (and team for that matter) will include. :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 09:25 PM 11-25-2010
Maybe the Bengals had a shot at winning this one against the Jets. Kind of like how Dan wasn't worried last year about how they were drug the week before the playoffs and then got drug in the playoffs. :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 10:14 PM 11-25-2010
Man, Marvin doesn't have a clue what is going on. Why not challenge that the ball hit Caldwell's helmet?
[Reply]
hotreds 12:46 PM 11-26-2010
Kurt Snibbe/ESPN.com
Welcome to the Turkey of the Year awards, with your host David Fleming.

I knew if I did this Turkeys of the Year column long enough, T.O. and I would eventually agree on something. Well, after 14 years it finally happened.

Last week, after the Bengals' epic, gutless collapse against the once 0-8 Bills -- they blew a 21-point lead and were outscored 35-0 in the second half -- Terrell Owens called his 2-8 team "terrible."

Took the words right outta my mouth. Now, I ask you, how bad do things have to be for T.O. to become the voice of reason on your team?

Pretty bad.

In fact, the 49-31 blowout loss gave Cincinnati a league-worst seven-game losing streak while assuring the Bengals would continue to have just two winning seasons in the last 20 years. Ya know how many winning seasons the Lions have during that stretch? Six.

It gets worse. Brad Childress was one stupid play by Brett Favre from taking the Vikings to the Super Bowl last season. Ten months later? He's gone. But in Cincinnati there's still talk of a possible contract extension for coach Marvin Lewis, who in eight long years is 58-65-1 and still looking for his first significant win.

His Bengals start slow, they play sloppy, they don't protect the ball, they can't pass, tackle, cover, kick or punt, they don't adjust well on the fly, they're inconsistent and uninspired and they just got beat down on their home field (minus the 10,000 fans who sat home, unable to stomach the game in person) by one of the worst teams in the NFL.

Other than that, though, I don't see any reason to change a thing. I rarely do this: Bengals fans, I feel for you guys, I really do.

Which is why I've decided to break with tradition this year and nominate the entire Cincinnati Bengals franchise -- stubbornly playoff win free since 1990! -- for the Flem File's 14th annual Turkey of the Year Award.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 12:30 PM 11-27-2010
Man, Marvin doesn't have a clue what is going on. Why not challenge that the ball hit Caldwell's helmet?
Because he doesn't care. He doesn't run the team, the high-paid players do. :-)

Not that it made a damn bit of difference, they are still the worst team in the NFL.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 06:59 PM 11-28-2010
At least the Bengals weren't the worst team on the field this Sunday. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 08:24 PM 11-28-2010
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
Because he doesn't care. He doesn't run the team, the high-paid players do. :-)

Not that it made a damn bit of difference, they are still the worst team in the NFL.
I beg to differ. My Panthers hold that title this year. We even lost to Jake Delhomme today.:-)

Number one draft pick, here we come!:-)
At least the Reds had a good season. :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 08:30 PM 11-28-2010
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
At least the Reds had a good season. :-)
:-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 08:27 AM 11-29-2010
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
I beg to differ. My Panthers hold that title this year. We even lost to Jake Delhomme today.:-)
Have you seen a Bengals game? :-):-)

The Panthers have injuries and still look more competitive than the Bengals. Plus how many records for futility have the Panthers set thus far? The Bengals set at least one against the Bills. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 12:33 PM 11-30-2010
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
Have you seen a Bengals game? :-):-)

The Panthers have injuries and still look more competitive than the Bengals. Plus how many records for futility have the Panthers set thus far? The Bengals set at least one against the Bills. :-)
1-10 is worse than 2-9.

Otah is the main injury that is hurting us right now. No o-line hurts us a lot. Deangelo Williams is out too, but his numbers sucked this year in what little he played. Our main problem is that we have too many young players. A new QB and no real receivers other than Steve Smith. You guys have the talent, but can't put it together to get a W.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 09:36 AM 12-08-2010
The Bengals are now officially a high school team and the worst coached team in football. I can't believe Dan hasn't been post whoring his pre-season Super Bowl favorites after the latest debachle. Seriously, who jumps offsides on a hard count where you KNOW they are trying to draw you offsides? :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 09:38 AM 12-08-2010
I really can't believe there are still some football experts out there who think that Marvin's job is only "in jeopardy". If he keeps his job after this season and his entire body of work, everyone should cease to be a Bengals fan because Mike has officially gone insane. :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 09:46 AM 12-08-2010
Mike brown is officially insane.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 05:11 PM 12-18-2010
The Reds have won a game more recently than the Bengals. Welcome to another lottery pick, please don't draft another Smith (Akili or Andre). :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 07:00 PM 12-18-2010
I would like the Bengals get Cam Newton. What do you think Adam?
[Reply]
chippewastud79 10:42 AM 12-19-2010
I would like the Bengals get Cam Newton. What do you think Adam?
Not an NFL QB. :-)
[Reply]
GreekGodX 10:47 AM 12-19-2010
At least all the Bengals fans still have the T.Ocho show :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 10:52 AM 12-19-2010
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
At least all the Bengals fans still have the T.Ocho show :-)
At least one decent thing came out of that show. Owens finally blamed Marvin and the staff for their problems. He may be an arrogant ass sometime, but sometimes he is right. :-)
[Reply]
Page 22 of 35
« First < 12202122 232432 > Last »
Up