Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 22 of 45
« First < 12202122 232432 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>stirring the pot local B&M vs big internet
Scottw 01:23 PM 03-06-2009
Originally Posted by shilala:
That's why I tend to go with the amatuerphylactics rather than the prophylactics. I like to keep it simple, and I don't wanna feel all "uppity" when I'm gettin sexy. :-)

:-):-)HAHAHAHAHA
Dgar 01:29 PM 03-06-2009
That's why I tend to go with the amatuerphylactics rather than the prophylactics. I like to keep it simple, and I don't wanna feel all "uppity" when I'm gettin sexy. :-)

Thats funny stuff.

To the original question/observation...... I have never noticed a difference in the taste of cigars ordered online vs cigars purchased at a B/M, well I've noticed a difference in price but I dont think the OP was commenting on that.
gnukfu 06:53 PM 03-06-2009
...gettin sexy? :-) What the heck are you doing with your cigars Scott?
shvictor 09:39 PM 03-06-2009
Originally Posted by gnukfu:
...gettin sexy? :-) What the heck are you doing with your cigars Scott?
If you have to ask....
WildBlueSooner 10:15 PM 03-06-2009
Did I come in at a bad time?
Legend 10:49 PM 03-06-2009
OK. I spoke with Eddie Ortega of 601 Cigars tonight at my cigar lounge and his perspective on this subject was very interesting.

He said his cigars are all the same, but his reasoning for the local being better is not the aging at the B&M, but the storage at the big internet guys. he said while they do have humidified warehouses etc. they are stored in their boxes and celo wrapped which isn't the best for cigars.

Now 601 is a smaller producer of cigars and the reports I got were from some larger cigar makers, So when I go to Nicaragua in May I'll ask Don Pepin about his. So for now I am have some egg on my face. :-)
icehog3 10:50 PM 03-06-2009
Originally Posted by Legend:
OK. I spoke with Eddie Ortega of 601 Cigars tonight at my cigar lounge and his perspective on this subject was very interesting.

He said his cigars are all the same, but his reasoning for the local being better is not the aging at the B&M, but the storage at the big internet guys. he said while they do have humidified warehouses etc. they are stored in their boxes and celo wrapped which isn't the best for cigars.

Now 601 is a smaller producer of cigars and the reports I got were from some larger cigar makers, So when I go to Nicaragua in May I'll ask Don Pepin about his. So for now I am have some egg on my face. :-)
A little egg never hurt anyone. :-) :-)
Col. Kurtz 07:30 AM 03-07-2009

I guess I need to take all my boxes out of the coolerdor and strip the sticks down? What did he recommend for storage?
Isn't the 601 made in Don Pepin's factory?

BTW, I don't think I'd ask Pepin Garcia this question.
SeanGAR 09:26 AM 03-07-2009
he said while they do have humidified warehouses etc. they are stored in their boxes and celo wrapped which isn't the best for cigars.
Well, that explains why MRN stores boxes for aging in ziplock bags.
icehog3 09:28 AM 03-07-2009
Originally Posted by SeanGAR:
Not to mention the Dark Lord. :-)
Legend 09:41 AM 03-07-2009
Originally Posted by SeanGAR:
MRN???
Stick 09:45 AM 03-07-2009
MRN???
Min Ron Nee, author of "An Illustrated Encyclopaedia of Post Revolution Havana Cigars."

http://www.cigarmony.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=248
Legend 01:29 PM 03-07-2009
Originally Posted by Stick:
Min Ron Nee, author of "An Illustrated Encyclopaedia of Post Revolution Havana Cigars."

http://www.cigarmony.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=248
Thank you
MajorCaptSilly 01:32 PM 03-07-2009

That's pretty much what I said very early in this thread.

MCS
Whee 01:35 PM 03-07-2009
Originally Posted by MajorCaptSilly:
Do you really think that cigar manufacturers make varying quality cigars for B&Ms vs internet retailers? I just don't think that's possible. I do think that long-term storage can be a problem at some of the internet retailers. Many tend to keep cigars at higher humidity levels so they can ship better. If cigars are kept at over 70% humidity for long periods of time, I can see some chemical changes happening that could cause problems. I've also been at some B&M's with serious humidity issues. I just don't buy the fact that B&M's are getting "better" cigars.

MCS
Originally Posted by MajorCaptSilly:
That's pretty much what I said very early in this thread.

MCS
True story...post #8.
SilverFox 01:49 PM 03-07-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
A little egg never hurt anyone. :-) :-)
I like eggs
vudu9 04:35 PM 03-07-2009
Originally Posted by :
Final thoughts: again just my opinion and I will still order and smoke internet cigars. But I think the makers know who their clients are and will give superior product to the local guys. It helps keep them in business when they can't compete price wise and reduces complaints.

It makes no sense to to me as a brand owner to send better product to one venue and so-so/inferior product to another. Everything I make I want to be perfect no matter where it ends up. I would imagine this rings true to all other manufacturers out there. It all has to be good all the time.
ahc4353 04:42 PM 03-07-2009
Originally Posted by SilverFox:
I like eggs
From the local grocer or Costco? :-)
shvictor 04:43 PM 03-07-2009
Originally Posted by SilverFox:
I like eggs
I like my eggs over medium...I love the runny yolk :-)
G G 04:45 PM 03-07-2009
Originally Posted by shvictor:
I like my eggs over medium...I love the runny yolk :-)
:-)
Page 22 of 45
« First < 12202122 232432 > Last »
Up