Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 22 of 129
« First < 12202122 23243272122 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Losing Weight with Starscream
Starscream 06:24 AM 04-07-2009
I am stoked about tomorrow's weigh-in. Unless I eat a horse today, I'm sure to have a good loss. I weighed in this morning at 237. :-)
I bought my middle child a basketball goal for his birthday and we have been out there the past two day playing ball. I attribute the loss to this. Basketball is a great way to get in some good exercise. I've been tired out two days straight now.
[Reply]
Shaerza 07:00 AM 04-07-2009
Good work Andy.:-) A good week is sure to help boost your motivation to stay on the right course.
[Reply]
Starscream 07:01 AM 04-07-2009
Originally Posted by Shaerza:
Good work Andy.:-) A good week is sure to help boost your motivation to stay on the right course.
Thanks Dan. Motivation is key. I've still got the rest of the day before the official weigh-in. I'm gonna get in a fair amount of exercise when I get home to see if I can't keep it at this weight or lower.
[Reply]
LooseCard 08:30 AM 04-07-2009
Originally Posted by goalie204:
I have been off the bandwagon for a long time, its almost like i got defeated and dont care blah, im pretty huge, so its dumb of me, but damnit i duno, i love food too much and its hard work eating healthy
I hear ya Myles! I have the same problem.
Just get back on the wagon and start moving forward! We all fall off from time to time, it's whether or not we pick ourselves back up that makes the difference.

Don't quit on yourself! Get back into it and join us!

Originally Posted by andysutherland:
I am stoked about tomorrow's weigh-in. Unless I eat a horse today, I'm sure to have a good loss. I weighed in this morning at 237. :-)
Conga rats!
That's great to hear! You should be fine, enjoy the day knowing that you are the lightest you've been in... months, years ?

You have to be proud of yourself not matter what. You are, after all, below 240!
[Reply]
LooseCard 09:51 AM 04-07-2009
Well, I've gravitated weighing in to Tuesdays by extending somewhere...

After this weekend, I'm happy with my results. Stayed even - no change.

I underwent a minor surgery on Friday afternoon, and spent the entire weekend sitting in the Lazyboy.
I went very easy one the food intake (avoiding the bathroom) for the most part, on Friday and Saturday. The first big meal and my only 'splurging' for the weekend was Saturday dinner - marinated steak tips, roasted red-skin potato wedges, and corn & asparagus mix (and I didn’t have to cook!!).

I knew if I wasn’t careful, I’d regret it – as I was stuck for the weekend. But all-in-all I am happy to have stayed even.
[Reply]
Starscream 10:43 AM 04-07-2009
Hope the surgery went well, Dan. Congrats on no gain. :-)
[Reply]
LooseCard 04:14 PM 04-07-2009
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
Hope the surgery went well, Dan. Congrats on no gain. :-)
All is well, and I'll be better :-) than ever.... in about a week. :-)

(No, not gastro- related.)
[Reply]
Starscream 05:34 AM 04-08-2009
Sitting at 238lbs officially today. Finally below the 240 mark. Only 13lbs to go to reach my short term goal. :-)
:-)
[Reply]
Starscream 10:50 PM 04-11-2009
Looks like I'm screwed for this week. Sunday I'm eating like hell. White Castle burgers, ham (twice), and any other meat I can get a hold of. But that's ok, I can take a couple of days to celebrate and then get back on track.
Some alcohol too.
[Reply]
kayaker 10:54 PM 04-11-2009
I finally weighed in again yesterday. 141. Not great, but still down from my starting point. I'm working 4 tens now so that should help the cause.

Still climbing 3 times a week and will try to start walking in the evenings now that the snow is pretty well gone.
[Reply]
LooseCard 08:07 PM 04-12-2009
Easter is going to affect us all, but let's not give in gang!
[Reply]
Shaerza 01:10 PM 04-13-2009
Hope you all tried to stick to your plans as best as possible over the holiday weekend! I let myself get quite carried away with beer and wine, but I managed to keep my eating mostly in check:-)
[Reply]
LooseCard 10:37 AM 04-16-2009
So, I did get around to weighing in yesterday morning.

Every time I forget, it pushes my sequence off further and further.... it's just not a habit. :-)

I made dinner Tuesday night, and dang, it was good. Couldn't figure out why, but it did taste better than usual. Of course, I had to have seconds.......

I've been doing better with that, and threatened the wife about getting 8" plates (which she did, not the 10" ones this time). I'm trying to get myself to drink while I eat to help fill me up.

None-the-less, I did weigh in. After being around the house (boredom munchies) Friday, the HUGE dinner on sunday, home again on Monday, and a double helping of Pasta on Tuesday (night before weigh in)....

Only 1 pound up! Talk about relieved! I was expecting a lot worse.
[Reply]
Starscream 10:39 AM 04-17-2009
I'm not saying a word till Monday.
[Reply]
kayaker 08:44 AM 04-18-2009
I lost 2.6. :-) The work gig is certainly helping with this.
[Reply]
Starscream 09:22 PM 04-18-2009
Originally Posted by kayaker:
I lost 2.6. :-) The work gig is certainly helping with this.
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
Starscream 02:21 PM 04-20-2009
It's Monday and vacation and celebrating are over. Great week for overindulgence. I know it wasn't healthy one bit, but I ate any and everything I wanted when I wanted it for the entire week from Easter Sunday till this past Sunday. I killed the barbecue buffets, triple whoppers, chicken fries, chinese buffets, White Castles, and a bottle of wine every day, sometimes two. I went from 238 to 246 in one week. Wow! I was trying my best to gain weight, but I didn't think I ate that much! Today starts the beginning of my return to WeightWatchers plan. Lent is over, the week of celebration is over, and I can get back to the plan. 8lb. gain in one week! Wow, just wow. But I expected to gain.

Breakfast: Nutrigrain Strawberry bar (2pts)
Lunch: Nutrigrain Strawberry bar (2pts)
Nature's Own Granola bar (4pts)
Dinner: Tonight will be beefloin, wild rice (ric-a-roni), and garlic potatoes (not sure on points yet)

Potential exercise: basketball in the driveway
[Reply]
Starscream 06:26 AM 04-21-2009
This is going to be a short week. I'm weighing in on Wednesday (tomorrow). I'm down to 244 today, so maybe the extra two pounds was some water weight.

Today's meals:
Breakfast: water (0 pts)
Lunch: leftover beef tenderloin, rice, and potatoes (10 pts-ish?)
Dinner: Have no idea. Thinking about some tilapia, not sure how to prepare it today (tilapia is good and low in points).

Potential exercise: basketball
I did get in fifteen minutes of ball yesterday, but that's not much time.
[Reply]
Shaerza 06:43 AM 04-21-2009
Good to see that your back on the plan Andy. You will prolly find that about half of what you slapped on last week will come off really quick, so its not quite as bad as it seems!
[Reply]
Starscream 10:39 AM 04-21-2009
Originally Posted by Shaerza:
Good to see that your back on the plan Andy. You will prolly find that about half of what you slapped on last week will come off really quick, so its not quite as bad as it seems!
I sure hope so.
[Reply]
Page 22 of 129
« First < 12202122 23243272122 > Last »
Up