Here is a really interesting topic on bunching:

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=51516
Here is a video of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JO8wSHPusmY
[Reply]
Homebrewer 09:59 AM 12-22-2011
Originally Posted by BlkDrew:
Where did you order from? Mold? Just curious
I got the bench cutter and mold on ebay. It remains to be seen if the mold is still usable. I figure if I buy a few of them, I'll get one that still works. I've read that they warp etc.. I'm going to clamp it with a couple of big old clamps that my dad has in his garage.
[Reply]
CoreyD 02:03 AM 12-23-2011
Argggggghhhhhh. So I need to vent. I had some moistened leaves put aside for madurro and havana wraps. the leaves were put together with some 13 yr Ligero 12 year sumatra binder and stored someplace where there's mold. when finding out my leaves were down there I grabbed them on my way out to work. So I opened up the bin and whoa an icky smell of ammonia came.
I opened up the bag with madurros and mold ugly mold. The binders just got a smell that air kinda took care of.
Sad part is we are talking over $100 worth of leaves of all different kinds. And this is why I did not want the leaves in the basement. man o man. I tossed the moldy stuff leaving no madurro wraps, Tossed the nic seco cause I just got some new in and will hope the sumatra binder stays untainted. this way I can still get some batches in rest for my upcoming sobriety anniversary in Feb and trout fishing trips in may and June.
Worse comes worse in Jan I will order my next leaves for my next series and make this last 2 blends very limited.....
[Reply]
BlkDrew 04:44 AM 12-23-2011
I only moisten the leaves if I am going to use them in a day or two. Otherwise they stay dry.
[Reply]
CoreyD 06:17 AM 12-23-2011
I only moisten the leaves if I am going to use them in a day or two. Otherwise they stay dry.
Yeah that was my intentions but I did 4 days and someone at the house figured she would make room by sticking them in basement 3 days ago and I didn't notice they were down there till I went to grab them from the spot in the apartment I had them.
[Reply]
ApexAZ 10:39 AM 12-23-2011
Originally Posted by CoreyD:
Argggggghhhhhh. So I need to vent. I had some moistened leaves put aside for madurro and havana wraps. the leaves were put together with some 13 yr Ligero 12 year sumatra binder and stored someplace where there's mold. when finding out my leaves were down there I grabbed them on my way out to work. So I opened up the bin and whoa an icky smell of ammonia came.
I opened up the bag with madurros and mold ugly mold. The binders just got a smell that air kinda took care of.
Sad part is we are talking over $100 worth of leaves of all different kinds. And this is why I did not want the leaves in the basement. man o man. I tossed the moldy stuff leaving no madurro wraps, Tossed the nic seco cause I just got some new in and will hope the sumatra binder stays untainted. this way I can still get some batches in rest for my upcoming sobriety anniversary in Feb and trout fishing trips in may and June.
Worse comes worse in Jan I will order my next leaves for my next series and make this last 2 blends very limited.....
Sorry man, that sucks. Congrats on your sobriety :-)
[Reply]
CoreyD 03:20 PM 12-23-2011
So I gifted a gal that works at the local B & M a Dominican blend with a Connecticut premium wrapper off my Recovery series and shes a medium smoker and after I called her a couple hours later she said that I am on to something with that blend. My pure nic filler was to much with the sumatra binder but she says she likes the Dominican blend and I'm really onto something if I tighten my draw up a little. She says its an effortless draw at this point. But burns great no fixing great smell great taste.
Originally Posted by ApexAZ:
Sorry man, that sucks. Congrats on your sobriety :-)
Ty it will be my 10th year in Feb.
[Reply]
CoreyD 09:03 AM 12-24-2011
Heres answering Andy's question on the molds
and not sure if you can make it out, here my bands for my dominican blend
Its my initials CD then the word Dominican on the left and the word recovery on the right
[Reply]
Crownedone 05:38 PM 12-24-2011
I was finally able to get home pick up my 5er of Maduro Roxys. They look and smell incredible! It is going to be so hard to let them sit for a while before burning one.
[Reply]
boxmonkey 10:01 PM 12-25-2011
well today for christmas the wife had picked up some leaves and a mold. I rolled two tonight and wow between the first two a huge step forward just in those two rolls. will try this again tomorrow.
[Reply]
BlkDrew 07:46 AM 12-26-2011
Originally Posted by boxmonkey:
well today for christmas the wife had picked up some leaves and a mold. I rolled two tonight and wow between the first two a huge step forward just in those two rolls. will try this again tomorrow.
We need pictures! Great to hear you started rolling.
[Reply]
boxmonkey 11:25 AM 12-26-2011
We need pictures! Great to hear you started rolling.
Well I have two as of right now

last nights second attempt. not packed tight enough

and waiting on the time for this one to come out of the mold right now

[Reply]
BlkDrew 11:32 AM 12-26-2011
Originally Posted by boxmonkey:
Well I have two as of right now

last nights second attempt. not packed tight enough
What types of tobacco are you using for each step?
they are looking pretty good
[Reply]
BlkDrew 11:34 AM 12-26-2011
i have been busy the past couple of days.

broken down

more to do today.
[Reply]
boxmonkey 11:34 AM 12-26-2011
What types of tobacco are you using for each step?
they are looking pretty good
the wife picked up nicraguan seco, ligero and DW2 off leaf only. so DW2 I'm using as the binder and wrapper for right now. not really too concerned on the actual taste out come right now. just working on the mechanics of it. but I'm doing a 50/50 ligero and seco blend. so yea a double maduro right now.
[Reply]
Flounder 11:44 AM 12-26-2011

broken down

more to do today.
Looks delicious Drew. I got a handfull of cello sleeves for you, lets get together and smoke something soon.
[Reply]
Shawn hines 05:49 AM 12-27-2011
Well got my tobacco order in today, but no glue and missing some of the filler....So I guess I will be waiting for the next box to show up....
[Reply]
wayner123 06:59 AM 12-27-2011
Originally Posted by Shawn hines:
Well got my tobacco order in today, but no glue and missing some of the filler....So I guess I will be waiting for the next box to show up....
If it's from leafonly, you may want to call them. I had part of my order missing as well and had to call him in order to make it right.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 06:59 AM 12-27-2011

broken down

more to do today.
Those Maddies are looking:-), keep up the great work brother!
[Reply]
DaBear 09:16 AM 12-27-2011
Gonna be placing my own order for some leaves in the next few days. Waiting on molds as my boss may have some that he's willing to part with. As for a cheveta I'm thinking of getting a Xikar Cigar Knife(http://www.xikar.com/products/cutters/cigar-cut-knife), cuz yay for multipurposing and its super sharp from prior experience, but if a true cheveta has more merits to it for cutting then I'll go with that.

Oh, and has anyone tried using a plastic cutting board as opposed to a wooden one? I don't have a wooden one at the moment and would rather save the extra cash, but I already have plans for a trip to Target shortly after I get back down to Raleigh.
[Reply]
Page 22 of 33
« First < 12202122 232432 > Last »
Up