Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 216 of 350
« First < 116166206214215216 217218226266316 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
icehog3 08:12 AM 07-26-2010
They must have been thinking of me. :-)

Originally Posted by :
Nothing shocks me when it comes to vodka. I've had everything from cotton candy vodka to black truffle vodka. I've seen it all and I've tasted it all. At least I thought I did. I say this because I recently brought in a vodka I never would have imagined in my wildest dreams: Devotion Vodka.

Now, what makes Devotion Vodka so different? Casein. What's casein? In simple terms, casein is a milk-based protein. That's right, folks. Devotion Vodka has protein in it. Believe it or not, Devotion Vodka is HUGE at the Jersey Shore. All those tanned up hard bodies you've seen on television are now drinking this vodka. Sales skyrocketed when summer hit because people would stop in and pick up a few bottles on their way to the shore.
Can I get some fist-pumps, Brohams?! :-)
Mugen910 08:16 AM 07-26-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
They must have been thinking of me. :-)

:-):-)
BigFrank 01:48 PM 07-26-2010
Only after we go tanning and get our eyebrows did.
icehog3 04:24 PM 07-26-2010
Originally Posted by BigFrank:
Only after we go tanning and get our eyebrows did.
:-)
GreekGodX 03:37 AM 07-27-2010
Fist Pump :-)

I saw that email and my first thought was to bring some to shack :-)

Great day at the gym yesterday.. My ex-lifting buddy was home so we hit the gym and that always means good things for me.

Deadlifts
315x3
335x3
355x3
375x3
405x3
415x3 PR :-)

Did some rack pulls prior, then weighted pullups and seated rows after. Great workout.
icehog3 07:29 AM 07-27-2010
Nice workout Son! :-)
BigFrank 10:29 AM 07-27-2010
Good workout christos. I don't get the rack pulls before pulling from the floor.
GreekGodX 11:47 AM 07-27-2010
Good workout christos. I don't get the rack pulls before pulling from the floor.
I use it as a activation for the deadlifts. I think it makes a huge difference in my deadlift.
BigFrank 12:29 PM 07-28-2010
Did some BS leg workout monday. My left forearm is still mega jacked up. Im about 80% about hitting a bench only meet in Oct. Taking the rest of the week off, maybe super gay light day on friday but nothing special. Missing the gym Monday, then back in Wed. in my new bench shirt.

Worn my new shirt once so far and barely missed 600 twice off of a 2 board. 2 inches if not less the shirt kept throwing the weight back towards my face. I think that is what jacked my forearm up even more. Shirted benching is crazy. I'd like to try 650 at the meet but that's gonna be a stretch. Opener will be 550ish.
Mugen910 03:01 PM 07-29-2010
Biceps and triceps last night. Did 21's, Hammer curls, and reverse curls.

The weirdest thing, after the gym I went home and took a shower. I noticed that my left bicep had a very strange lump on top of the bicep muscle when I flexed. It was almost like someone gave me a charlie horse there or there was a sitting right over my bicep. It didn't hurt but I massaged the muscle just in case. I was scared for a bit because I thought I somehow tore something. Woke up today and it was gone. *phew!
BigFrank 02:06 PM 07-30-2010
Dunno what to tell you bout that one Bao. No clue here.

Hit the gym earlier to do my Jane Fonda workout. It sucked. Everything I did made my forearm remind me its ****ed up. I did what I could went light and chalking it up to a deload. Missing squats Monday then benching on weds will be heavy...
Mugen910 02:14 PM 07-30-2010
My rotation will get me back to arms Sunday..we'll see if it happens again.
icehog3 02:18 PM 07-30-2010
Definitely reaching the realm of overtraining at this point. Shack Herf will mean a week out of the gym and off the ice, and I think it will do me a lot of good.

Went to the gym today and the f***ing T-Bar set up is still broke, almost a month later. Granted, they had to have the part needed custom made, but it's bumming a lot of us out.

I was going to do barbell rows....Put 185 on the bar to warm up, and it just felt like a ton of bricks. No gas and no metal edge today....so I did ultra heavy cable work (wide grip pulldowns and narrow grip cable rows) and some pullups and then pulled the plug.

Oh, and for the record...for my body chemistry, MHP Trac is :-)
BigFrank 02:22 PM 07-30-2010
Sucks to hear Tom. That's how I felt today. Just didnt belong. Push through till the week off. Try and hit some PR's before the week off.
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
My rotation will get me back to arms Sunday..we'll see if it happens again.
Dont know brother. Sounds weird as hell. Glad it wasnt me, I would tried to stab that thing open with a needle in the bathroom. Dont ask.
King James 02:27 PM 07-30-2010
I've been going hard the past month, working out twice a day on days I don't work... which has been often lately since we are in a slow period. Decided to take today off as well, just counted all the setting stuff up for herf tomorrow as my workout
icehog3 02:27 PM 07-30-2010
Sucks to hear Tom. That's how I felt today. Just didnt belong. Push through till the week off. Try and hit some PR's before the week off.
That is exactly what I am going to try to do, Frank, hit it hard until my "forced" week off. I have been good mentally (focus and attitude) most days, just starting to get sore and physically gassed. No injuries though (knock on wood), so I will rock it and then come back fresh after the week break.

Hope things turn for you soon...When do you need to decide about the October meet?
BigFrank 02:33 PM 07-30-2010
That is exactly what I am going to try to do, Frank, hit it hard until my "forced" week off. I have been good mentally (focus and attitude) most days, just starting to get sore and physically gassed. No injuries though (knock on wood), so I will rock it and then come back fresh after the week break.

Hope things turn for you soon...When do you need to decide about the October meet?
2 weeks before meet is deadline. Unless I wanna pay a late entry fee. So until then I suppose. I'm going to start training for it regardless. It's only a bench for cash meet. I have vacation and a week in Oct I'm going to have to miss. So it's like 13 weeks training minus the 2 weeks for vacation and other crap. I'm not worried about the week in august but the week in October might be an issue. If I do not do it so be it. Two of the guys I training with are competing in Nov. so I'm not going to compete at that meet. They will need someone to help out. Both guys will need help one is shirt benching and the other is doing a full meet.
icehog3 04:11 PM 07-30-2010
Well, here's to both of us getting out of our funks, Frank. :-)
bonjing 04:32 PM 07-30-2010
What are you guys using, if any, for fat burners? or any recommendations? I know a good diet is best but I just haven't been able to cut my sugars yet.

This was my first complete session of gym in a while and I feel beat, but it does feel good.

Also how often do you guys change your routine? My buddy and I usually do the same routine for 3 - 5 months.
icehog3 04:44 PM 07-30-2010
I change my routine every workout, Greg...muscles adapt very quickly, and "confusing" them is one of the best techniques for continuous progress.

I can't help you with the fat burners....I used to take ephedra before they outlawed it, but more for energy than fat burning. I believe that stuff did some damage to my heart, which took quite some time to reverse itself.
Page 216 of 350
« First < 116166206214215216 217218226266316 > Last »
Up