Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 215 of 350
« First < 115165205213214215 216217225265315 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
BigFrank 02:08 PM 07-23-2010
Originally Posted by King James:
Haven't posted in here in awhile. Been hitting the weight room pretty hard as of late. Lost 30 lbs in last two months, which I attribute mostly to just eating better. Started a new workout that is kicking my ass and started hitting the bike again. Hoping to continue on the same path
Glad to hear brother. I've been hitting the weights hard but the diet part hasnt been going too well for myself lol.

Originally Posted by trader1974:
Thanks for the info Frank. I think you may be right.
Hope it helps some.

Glad to hear you're back Dokk. Time to get better and get stronger.
icehog3 02:20 PM 07-23-2010
Even dem legs out, Dokk! :-)

Bought some MHP Trac Extreme today, will give it a go on Sunday.

Heavy shoulders, traps and arms today. Almost always work out in a baggy sweatshirt...took it off for a sleeveless t today. Got a lot of comments on the guns from the guys who see me every day in my mumus.
Ahbroody 02:21 PM 07-23-2010
Originally Posted by itzfrank:
Anyone else use the High Intensity Training method? When I picked up a personal trainer at the beginning of the year, he turned me on to it.

Moderately heavy weight with little rest time and lot of different intensity training techniques thrown in. Every set to failure. I puked my first 3 leg work outs in a row.
I used to use HIT for runs. It works pretty well when your cutting. Outside of that not really a fan.

Black Powder by MRi gave a crazy pump but lacked any stims at all.
This sounds pretty good for me. I generally dont have issues with energy for workout. I usually work out PM and late usually an hour or two before bed. I am looking for something that wont jack me up because then sleep will be an issue.

What would you guys suggest for non energy PM workout drink?
I have never been a big supplements guy. Just Protien and vitamins. Lookingto expand as I am going to be hitting it hard again as I just had to buy a new duty belt do to expansion.
zemekone 02:28 PM 07-23-2010
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
I have never been a big supplements guy. Just Protien and vitamins. Lookingto expand as I am going to be hitting it hard again as I just had to buy a new duty belt do to expansion.
Personally I like Gun Powder by Pure Performance Nutrition, lately alot of guys from the Jiu Jitsu dojo have been using Jack3d by USP labs, and NOshotgun by VPX nutrition

hope that helps
icehog3 02:38 PM 07-23-2010
Originally Posted by zemekone:
Personally I like Gun Powder by Pure Performance Nutrition, lately alot of guys from the Jiu Jitsu dojo have been using Jack3d by USP labs, and NOshotgun by VPX nutrition

hope that helps
:-)

Jack3d seems to have a lot less stims than the other pre-workout drinks I have cycled.

I will be able to report on MHP Trac next week, itzfrank says he thinks it is a bit lower on the stims too.
BigFrank 03:46 PM 07-23-2010
I have never been a big supplements guy. Just Protien and vitamins. Looking to expand as I am going to be hitting it hard again as I just had to buy a new duty belt do to expansion.
I drink powdered gatorade with aminos while I train. A few companies make a pre-mixed drink to have during training. There are a few products that are stim free. Animal Products put the stims in a separate pill so you can take it out if you are training late. What I found helps is just not to take so much when training late. If it says 1 scoop, do 1/3 instead, and make sure to take early before workout. Most guys, myself included pound down and energy drink 5 minutes before we walk into the gym. Most of the effects do not kick in until later in the workout. If you drink a small serving early before workout you should be ok.
BigFrank 03:48 PM 07-23-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:

Jack3d seems to have a lot less stims than the other pre-workout drinks I have cycled.
You must immune to them than Tom. I've been using the Jack3d for the last month it gets me unreal wired. But I find it fades fast.
itzfrank 04:22 PM 07-23-2010

I will be able to report on MHP Trac next week, itzfrank says he thinks it is a bit lower on the stims too.
Whoa whoa! I said jack3d made me feel cracked out and I couldn't keep my breath. MHP TRAC Xtreme was the perfect balance of stims and pump for me.
Ahbroody 04:23 PM 07-23-2010
Think I will try the gunpowder maybe get it from GNC or the other major chain and if it jacks me up to hard I will just take it back.

Because of the vasodilation these products are not good to use when running right? I seem to remember reading somthing about your body fighting itself because it is trying to raise blood pressure by constricting the blood vessels during the run while the NO products are dilating them. Not sure if that is exactly accurate but something along those lines
itzfrank 04:29 PM 07-23-2010
I used to use HIT for runs. It works pretty well when your cutting. Outside of that not really a fan.

I've been using moderately heavy weights with my trainer for HIT and I've been putting on some decent size. It's all about the failure in every set and using intensity techniques.

As per your 2nd comment, I would probably stay away from PW drinks for evening workouts as the stims are usually the equivalent as to 2 cups of coffee. Might be better of with an arganine/creatine combo. It'd probably be most cost efficient, too.

I, also, use a carb supp called CarboHit that I use during my work out. Carbo Hit
itzfrank 04:31 PM 07-23-2010
Think I will try the gunpowder maybe get it from GNC or the other major chain and if it jacks me up to hard I will just take it back.

Because of the vasodilation these products are not good to use when running right? I seem to remember reading somthing about your body fighting itself because it is trying to raise blood pressure by constricting the blood vessels during the run while the NO products are dilating them. Not sure if that is exactly accurate but something along those lines
You'd think it'd make it easier since it's helping to deliver oxygen and nutrients throughout the body. It also helps to prevent lactic acid build up.
icehog3 08:34 PM 07-23-2010
Originally Posted by BigFrank:
You must immune to them than Tom. I've been using the Jack3d for the last month it gets me unreal wired. But I find it fades fast.
Not out of the question, Frank. :-)

Whoa whoa! I said jack3d made me feel cracked out and I couldn't keep my breath. MHP TRAC Xtreme was the perfect balance of stims and pump for me.
I knew you said MHP was lower on the stims, Frank....I was just saying that compared to White Flood and the other Pre Workout supps I have used, jack3d seems tame. I haven't even tried the MHP yet, just bought it today, but I gathered from your earlier post that it would have less stims than jack3d. :-)
Mugen910 10:14 PM 07-23-2010
chest and back with some abs tonite. Same 3x5x10 for the 4th week? idk I need to check though.

I did an all new chest routine and left the bench for last because I read somewhere that by doing so you recruit more muscles to help out. *shrugs*
GreekGodX 08:58 AM 07-24-2010
Looking forward to my workout later. Bought some White Flood yesterday and some ON Whey Rocky road flavor :-)
icehog3 08:59 AM 07-24-2010
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
Looking forward to my workout later. Bought some White Flood yesterday and some ON Whey Rocky road flavor :-)
Two of my all time faves, Christos! :-)

Off day for me! :-)
King James 11:39 AM 07-24-2010
superpump just doesn't seem to cut the mustard for me anymore, I need a new preworkout
BigFrank 11:53 AM 07-24-2010
Originally Posted by King James:
superpump just doesn't seem to cut the mustard for me anymore, I need a new preworkout
When I was taking NO supplements I cycled between Universal's Shock Therapy and there Pump, White Flood, and N.O. Explode. Shock Therapy definitely had more stims in it along with the pump. Pump was nice because it was in pill form but ending up cost slightly more than most. The others were middle of the road. Now I just slam an energy drink or some jack3d before training.
King James 12:10 PM 07-24-2010
I've had white flood before and didn't like it as much. NO xplode seems to work for a bit for me and then doesn't do much. Maybe I'll try it again or shock therapy which i've never had
icehog3 09:41 PM 07-24-2010
I will give an update on the MHP Trac after my workout tomorrow.
icehog3 08:11 AM 07-26-2010
I will give an update on the MHP Trac after my workout tomorrow.
I will reserve judgement until I try this for a few workouts, but let me say that upon my first sampling, I am not overly impressed with the results.
Page 215 of 350
« First < 115165205213214215 216217225265315 > Last »
Up