Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 213 of 352
« First < 113163203211212213 214215223263313 > Last »
General Discussion>First Firearm Thread.
MurphysLaw 04:17 PM 01-12-2013
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Went to gun show in Ft. Lauderdale this morning with my son.
Paid for parking and after seeing there was little chance of getting in due to mob that was there, went home.
It was like nothing I have ever seen.
I thought I was going to the BCS championship game or Super Bowl.
Damn, sorry to hear that, maybe I'll pass on making the trip down tomorrow.
Blueface 04:44 PM 01-12-2013
Originally Posted by MurphysLaw:
Damn, sorry to hear that, maybe I'll pass on making the trip down tomorrow.
Brian, can't possibly imagine any stock tomorrow unless prices where out of this planet.
Digs 07:32 PM 01-12-2013
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Went to gun show in Ft. Lauderdale this morning with my son.
Paid for parking and after seeing there was little chance of getting in due to mob that was there, went home.
It was like nothing I have ever seen.
I thought I was going to the BCS championship game or Super Bowl.

I went to a local show today in Lebanon Pa. One of of about 6-8 shows that are local within 45 minutes max. (York-Harrisburg-Lebanon-Reading-Lessport-Mt Pocono)Between Sept. thru May I could go to a show every weekend. Turnout was huge had to wait 20 minutes or so to get in.

Prices were high, didn't see a crappy WASR AK under $1500 (wtf these were $169 at one time) most AR mags are $25-$35, cheapest AR was a colt 6920 for $1800, I am telling you the idiots are now primarily out of the market now, I was there for 6 hours and only saw one crappy DPMS sold! The same dealer i saw last weeks show with X6 6920 still had 6 today....

Anyway scored a FN M16 bolt carrier group for $200 a BCM/ Vltor upper for $200 and a nice Condor double rifle case in FDE for $80 and..... 4 gen 3 p mags for $25 each. Didn't need them but what the hell:-)
Steelerfanatic 07:37 PM 01-12-2013
I just wish I could find some 223/556 brass cases ammo for less than a damn dollar a round! This is crazy.
emopunker2004 08:12 PM 01-12-2013
Originally Posted by Steelerfanatic:
I just wish I could find some 223/556 brass cases ammo for less than a damn dollar a round! This is crazy.
U can. Just gotta check everywhere everyday. I got 200rds of m193 for 90 on dec 27
forgop 12:47 AM 01-13-2013
Biggest gun show in the state is coming up next weekend. I reckon I can get better offers than $300 for stripped lowers than I've received on armslist. Some tools offered me $100-$135.

That's where I'll be come Friday morning with my spare Shield as well.
emopunker2004 01:11 AM 01-13-2013
Put them on gunbroker
spectrrr 02:36 AM 01-13-2013
Originally Posted by emopunker2004:
Put them on gunbroker
+1
bigswol2 06:57 AM 01-13-2013
Originally Posted by emopunker2004:
U can. Just gotta check everywhere everyday. I got 200rds of m193 for 90 on dec 27
I have about 1000 rounds of m193 tracer. I put it on armslist.
jluck 11:36 AM 01-13-2013
Originally Posted by forgop:
Biggest gun show in the state is coming up next weekend. I reckon I can get better offers than $300 for stripped lowers than I've received on armslist. Some tools offered me $100-$135.

You might want to hurry if your looking to ride the fear monger wagon with the sale and huge profits of these lowers. It looks like the stupid frenzy is slowing down. Stripped lowers are still getting a couple hundred bucks on average it looks like to me. :-)

And I agree with you using Gunbroker,It's the last refuge of suckers.
emopunker2004 12:57 PM 01-13-2013
"I don't carry a gun because I'm evil; I carry a gun because I've lived long enough to see the evil in the world"
replicant_argent 01:35 PM 01-13-2013

Guess what? 100-135 is what they are ~worth~ to them. Calling someone a tool because they won't play someones idiot reindeer pricing game is childish. Whomever the seller is.
spectrrr 02:46 PM 01-13-2013
Originally Posted by Brian D.:
My latest acquisition was a Browning Hi Power Mark III (black epoxy finish) chambered in 40 S&W caliber. Best I can tell Browning/FN stopped importing the .40 version some time ago, not sure they're even still in production. This one was made in 1993 but in virtually unfired condition. Well, until it fell into my clutches, that is. :-)

Have tried out several .40 S&W handguns thru the years, the BHP is among the best imo. When they made them they didn't just shoehorn a .40 barrel into a nine millimeter platform. The slide was widened, extra locking lug added to the barrel and slide, heavier recoil spring added. Those changes make it as pleasant to shoot as the 9 mm version.

The epoxy based finish used on the BHP may not be pretty, but past experience has shown it to be very resilient, even with frequent carry. If you're in the market for a modern era BHP to tote and use a bunch I highly recommend this finish over the blued.

As to the still available new 9mm Browning Hi Powers...

For what it's worth the "silver chrome" (Browning's name for hardchrome) model BHP is also very durable, but dang those can be hard to locate, they haven't done that finish in several years now. The Practical Model is epoxy black over silver chrome, think those are still imported, or at least some remain in the new supply pipeline.

Oh, one more variant surfaced a few years ago and may still be out there new: A digital camo finish. Again, not much to look at, but I believe that finish is again epoxy based, and should be tough.
I was just playing with a friend's browning HP .40 in what appeared to be a lightweight frame and some kind of chrome finish. gorgeous gun. :-)

I'd love to find an older 9mm HP in any finish sometime, maybe even a .40... I used to have one, really loved the way it fit my hand, it was a joy to shoot.
forgop 04:51 PM 01-13-2013
Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
Guess what? 100-135 is what they are ~worth~ to them. Calling someone a tool because they won't play someones idiot reindeer pricing game is childish. Whomever the seller is.
I just look at it like a commodity. If you were selling gold, you wouldn't want people wasting your time offering 30% of what it's actually selling for on the market.
Robulous78 05:08 PM 01-13-2013
I just look at it like a commodity. If you were selling gold, you wouldn't want people wasting your time offering 30% of what it's actually selling for on the market.
FWIW: I agree with this...

you can always have your price or your budget in mind, hell, you might even go so far as to bat the idea at a discount to someone... but if they were offering 30% of the value I would take it 1 of 2 ways:

1) they think they are my friend (and they had better be to be serious)

2) they are insulting me... either by insulting my intelligence in knowing what I possess and its value, or by thinking I am so desperate...

Just my opinion on the matter, I work in a business where we negotiate hotel rates all day long, where someone is in a ball-park its one thing... but 30% is a little crass... IMHO
emopunker2004 09:32 PM 01-13-2013
I agree with Duane. The market sets the price. A week ago they were all selling for $500+ for a stripped lower, even in gun stores. This week I don't see many selling for more than $300. Duane is fair in asking the "market price" for his items. Anyone offering half that is lowballing and should be treated as such. That said, not sure I'd go as far as to call these people tools. My :-) from being on the gun forums and seeing what items are selling for on a daily basis.
CigarSquid 09:34 PM 01-13-2013
Got my 5.11 tactical belt. Used it while going to dinner. Awesome belt. Hold the holster great while drawing.
emopunker2004 09:40 PM 01-13-2013
You didn't draw down at dinner did you? Bad wait service? :-)
CigarSquid 10:01 PM 01-13-2013
Ha.

Luckily I didn't have to. Did it in the bedroom.. few practice ones before we went out.
spectrrr 10:34 PM 01-13-2013
So I'll throw in my :-) to the ring on asking prices. Most of what has been said already, I agree with. The only thing I didn't see mentioned so far is that we're dealing with a semi-flea market environment here, and lets face it guys, we've seen people hand out some pretty monstrous deals every once in a while, whether it be due to ignorance of the real market value at the time (especially at a time where the value is changing so rapidly), or because they simply needed the money NOW and couldn't wait for a better price. Some folks will take those really low offers, and it behooves the opportunistic buyer to ask. Especially if that buyer isn't REALLY serious about buying the item, but... for the right price, well heck, how could I say no? I have often asked the price of items from people walking around the floor, items that I had almost no interest in buying.. but for the right price, well, everything has its price :-)
Page 213 of 352
« First < 113163203211212213 214215223263313 > Last »
Up