Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 213 of 350
« First < 113163203211212213 214215223263313 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
icehog3 01:10 PM 07-18-2010
Back day today...T-Bar set-uo is going on three weeks broken. :-)

Bentover Rows.... 225 x 20 pyramid up to 355 X 6

Dumbbell Rows 115 x 16 up to 140 x 8

6 sets of pull-ups to failure.

That was plenty, it was about eleventy billion degrees in the gym today.
zemekone 02:00 PM 07-18-2010
full body kettlebell workout and 20 min of jump rope...

getting ready to do some pre-hab in the pool...

upside at least im in the pool... :-)
icehog3 02:08 PM 07-18-2010
Originally Posted by zemekone:
full body kettlebell workout and 20 min of jump rope...

getting ready to do some pre-hab in the pool...

upside at least im in the pool... :-)
That would be a HUGE upside for me right now, Gerry! :-)
PeteSB75 09:07 AM 07-19-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Back day today...T-Bar set-uo is going on three weeks broken. :-)

Bentover Rows.... 225 x 20 pyramid up to 355 X 6

Dumbbell Rows 115 x 16 up to 140 x 8

6 sets of pull-ups to failure.

That was plenty, it was about eleventy billion degrees in the gym today.
Can always go old-school and steal one of the two-handed metal grips off the cable rows and use that on a normal bar with the other end stuck in the corner of the squat rack or the corner of the wall.

Spin Saturday and Sunday, then deads and squats for me this morning, going a bit heavier, but not too much. Couple more days of lifting this week, then 2 1/2 weeks of wedding & vacation before I am back at it. Hoping there is a well-equipped gym on the boat, so I can at least put some weight up, even if it's only in a smith-machine death trap.
Mugen910 09:31 AM 07-19-2010
Shoulders and chest...

Threw in some lift to overhead press. I wanted to see if my knee could hold up which it did. :-)

Pete, today is my first day of black iced coffee ...
icehog3 10:36 AM 07-19-2010
Clean up day...shoulders, biceps, traps...went hard and heavy on everything.
zemekone 10:44 PM 07-19-2010
jiu jitsu, 30min treadmill run, 30min in the pool doin shoulder prehab...
Niterider56 07:44 AM 07-20-2010
You guys are animals at this. I thought I worked out pretty hard but nothing compared to you guys. Had knee surgery last year and am only up to 225 squats, 540 leg press and 185 straight leg deadlifts. Can't do heavy back anymore as my back is totally trashed.
Anyone use creatine? Doing a 4 week cycle that ends next week. Have seen some gains but nothing like I did when I was younger.
Mugen910 08:16 AM 07-20-2010
Back and abs last night...it hurts when I sneeze!
icehog3 10:33 AM 07-20-2010
Originally Posted by Niterider56:
Anyone use creatine? Doing a 4 week cycle that ends next week. Have seen some gains but nothing like I did when I was younger.
I have been using All American Kre-Alkalyn EFX with good results.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/aap/kre.html
kaisersozei 07:30 PM 07-20-2010
Alright, fellas, got a bit of an injury question for you. I'm setting up an appointment with my family practice doc (who has a certification in sports medicine,) but wanted to get an idea of what he might tell me. Here's my deal:

Sometime in the past couple months, I injured my right bicep but don't remember when--so there wasn't any sort of traumatic "OWW, HOLY SH*T!" moment. It was just that one day, I noticed some trouble doing a dumbbell curl. Sharp pain, right at the insertion point to the tendon, heading toward the elbow. I have full range of motion normally and when lifting light weights--but the pain gets unbearable right at about 30 pounds (so I don't do that any more :-)) Interestingly, it's most noticeable when I have my wrists turned out like in concentration curls. But hammer curls are fine.

I have my suspicions about what it might be, just thought I'd see if anyone had experienced anything similar.
Mugen910 08:25 PM 07-20-2010
Biceps and triceps. 3 exercises by 5 sets by 10 reps. Has it been 6 weeks yet??

Sorry Gerard I can't chime in.
Posted via Mobile Device
icehog3 10:24 PM 07-20-2010
Originally Posted by kaisersozei:
Alright, fellas, got a bit of an injury question for you. I'm setting up an appointment with my family practice doc (who has a certification in sports medicine,) but wanted to get an idea of what he might tell me. Here's my deal:

Sometime in the past couple months, I injured my right bicep but don't remember when--so there wasn't any sort of traumatic "OWW, HOLY SH*T!" moment. It was just that one day, I noticed some trouble doing a dumbbell curl. Sharp pain, right at the insertion point to the tendon, heading toward the elbow. I have full range of motion normally and when lifting light weights--but the pain gets unbearable right at about 30 pounds (so I don't do that any more :-)) Interestingly, it's most noticeable when I have my wrists turned out like in concentration curls. But hammer curls are fine.

I have my suspicions about what it might be, just thought I'd see if anyone had experienced anything similar.
I have had similar problems with both biceps in the past Gerard, I actually had partial tears of the lower insertion. Both healed without surgery with time and temporary modification on my workouts.
kaisersozei 08:33 AM 07-21-2010
I have had similar problems with both biceps in the past Gerard, I actually had partial tears of the lower insertion. Both healed without surgery with time and temporary modification on my workouts.
Thanks, Tom, that's what I was wondering if it was. Either that, or a torn/sprained tendon. The fact that I can turn my arm in & do hammer curls makes me think it might not be the muscle itself.
icehog3 10:47 AM 07-21-2010
Originally Posted by kaisersozei:
Thanks, Tom, that's what I was wondering if it was. Either that, or a torn/sprained tendon. The fact that I can turn my arm in & do hammer curls makes me think it might not be the muscle itself.
Keep in mind that hammer curls mean that the wrist is not supinated, and it takes quite a bit of stress off the lowest portion on the bicep muscle and puts it on the forearm. Hopefully a doctor can confirm exactly what it is and help you heal as fast as possible. :-)
Mugen910 11:14 AM 07-21-2010
OK so I'm done all upper and lower for the week.

Sun = chest/shoulder with some lower body movements thrown in.
Mon = back/abs
Tue = bi/triceps

Do I just start the cycle over or chill out?
PeteSB75 12:59 PM 07-21-2010
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
OK so I'm done all upper and lower for the week.

Sun = chest/shoulder with some lower body movements thrown in.
Mon = back/abs
Tue = bi/triceps

Do I just start the cycle over or chill out?
Take a day or two off then start the cycle over of course :-)
icehog3 02:24 PM 07-21-2010
Originally Posted by PeteSB75:
One day is plenty, Bao. :-)
Mugen910 02:26 PM 07-21-2010
Originally Posted by PeteSB75:
One day is plenty, Bao. :-)
:-)

I'll see how the body feels.
icehog3 02:36 PM 07-21-2010
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
:-)

I'll see how the body feels.
Even better idea....This old guy is a big believer in "listening to your body" and instinctive training. :-)
Page 213 of 350
« First < 113163203211212213 214215223263313 > Last »
Up