Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 211 of 350
« First < 111161201209210211 212213221261311 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
icehog3 09:39 AM 06-30-2010
Thumbs up on the squats, Bao. :-)

A much needed day off for me today...going to see a surgeon about removing the Ganglion cyst on my wrist later this summer.
GreekGodX 10:02 AM 06-30-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:

A much needed day off for me today...going to see a surgeon about removing the Ganglion cyst on my wrist later this summer.
I hate the look of those cysts. So good riddance!!

Leg pressed 990 lbs yesterday for a PR. Today hitting shoulders hard :-)
Mugen910 06:31 PM 06-30-2010

Thanks Tom! I got a cyst right below my left rib cage which I forget about but I cannot even imagine seeing one in the wrist.

Originally Posted by GreekGodX:

Leg pressed 990 lbs yesterday for a PR.
:-)

3 exercises 5 sets for
Chest & Back with a lil bit of abs.
icehog3 07:52 PM 06-30-2010
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
Thanks Tom! I got a cyst right below my left rib cage which I forget about but I cannot even imagine seeing one in the wrist.

Well, turns out it is not a Ganglion Cyst......it is simply advanced osteo-arthrisits in the distal radioulnar joint. There ain't a damn thing that can be done about it surgically without a good potential for making it worse...so I just need to deal with it. Growin' old ain't for sissies.
MortonMilo 07:56 PM 06-30-2010
Deadlifts! hope I can walk tomorrow.

Never really did dead lifts much, as I was always playing soccer, and didnt want the soreness to interfere with my playing. As my playing has slowed down, figured its about time to start working the legs and lower back! Any advice on a deadlift beginner?
Mugen910 08:01 PM 06-30-2010
Well, turns out it is not a Ganglion Cyst......it is simply advanced osteo-arthrisits in the distal radioulnar joint. There ain't a damn thing that can be done about it surgically without a good potential for making it worse...so I just need to deal with it. Growin' old ain't for sissies.
Well rub dirt on it and maybe it'll go away? :-)
icehog3 10:07 PM 06-30-2010
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
Well rub dirt on it and maybe it'll go away? :-)
Mugen910 08:23 AM 07-01-2010
Someday I wanna be as rugged as you Tom...SOMEDAY!!! :-)

:-)
BigFrank 01:22 PM 07-01-2010
Originally Posted by MortonMilo:
Deadlifts! hope I can walk tomorrow.

Never really did dead lifts much, as I was always playing soccer, and didnt want the soreness to interfere with my playing. As my playing has slowed down, figured its about time to start working the legs and lower back! Any advice on a deadlift beginner?
Watch some videos on form.
Few tips for a beginner-
http://articles.elitefts.com/article...-the-deadlift/
Tripp 04:46 PM 07-01-2010
Originally Posted by BigFrank:
Not a good sign here brothers...

Some protein drinks can even pose health risks, including exposure to potentially harmful heavy metals, if consumed frequently. All drinks in our tests had at least one sample containing one or more of the following contaminants: arsenic, cadmium, lead, and mercury. Those metals can have toxic effects on several organs in the body.

God Damnit.

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/m...rink/index.htm
An article of counter-points, in case anyone is still worried about this.

http://www.muscleandfitness.com/prot...e/features/334
BigFrank 06:36 PM 07-01-2010
Originally Posted by Tripp:
An article of counter-points, in case anyone is still worried about this.

http://www.muscleandfitness.com/prot...e/features/334
I agree with the protein consumption portion of that article. But as far as the testing is concerned. It's going to be extremely biased. Who do you think spends a ton of money to pump adds through there magazine? ( Christs sake there's a supplement company's add right on the page with the article.) You dont **** where you eat and you definitely do not bite the hand that feeds. NSF is a "non-profit" organization. But I wonder who gives them grants and such to test?
The bottom line, is NO supplements are FDA tested. Therefore we have nothing to go on. Any of these studies could be extremely biased. Unless you have personal access to some sort of lab your forced to dig through the muck and take an educated guess.
Here's the quick fix...Eat real food. Be skeptical. There you have it. The secret. The reason why 90% of people fail miserably. Diet.
Mugen910 08:49 PM 07-01-2010
4 exercises with 5 sets for Shoulders
3 exercises with 5 sets for traps with some abs thrown in for good measures.
PeteSB75 06:40 AM 07-02-2010
Shoulders and back this morning. hang cleans, pullups, press, finished off with some rows.

One of the things I like about going at 5 in the morning is the fact that it is so quiet every day. When I go in, it's the same 4-5 guys week in and week out. We say good morning to each other and everyone does their own thing. It's very peaceful and relaxing, and lets me maintain a very good focus on my lifts.

Two new guys come in this morning and are making so much damn noise. Talking constantly and loudly, doing standing overhead presses and the one guy is lifting and screaming while the other guy is pushing on his elbows to help him get the weight up with every rep. Just don't understand it.

Anyway, they weren't there on Tuesday, so I'm hoping they will do mon/wed/fri and I'll only have to endure them on Mondays, assuming they stick around that early. Otherwise, I might actually have to put music on my ipod and start bringing it with me.
icehog3 09:22 AM 07-02-2010
Originally Posted by PeteSB75:
Two new guys come in this morning and are making so much damn noise. Talking constantly and loudly, doing standing overhead presses and the one guy is lifting and screaming while the other guy is pushing on his elbows to help him get the weight up with every rep. Just don't understand it.

Anyway, they weren't there on Tuesday, so I'm hoping they will do mon/wed/fri and I'll only have to endure them on Mondays, assuming they stick around that early. Otherwise, I might actually have to put music on my ipod and start bringing it with me.
I never do a set without it. :-)

Back and shoulders coming up shortly...but no screaming.
PeteSB75 06:27 AM 07-06-2010
Chest and arms this morning. Bench, incline bench, hammer curls and dips. Helped a friend move yesterday so my hands were a little more tired than usual today, so didn't push weight too much.
cc jefe 02:04 PM 07-06-2010
This is an excellent thread!!! There is nothing better than hitting the gym and releasing the tension from the past 24 on some iron. I am getting ready to head in shortly and could not be more thrilled. Will keep you guys updated for sure....
GreekGodX 03:52 PM 07-06-2010
Shoulders! Shoulders! Shoulders! ok and some abs.
icehog3 04:44 PM 07-06-2010
Back today...the T-Bar set up was broken, so I hit some pullups with added weight, Barbell Rows, then some cable work. The pullups fried me, I still have a pump 6 hours later.
alwayslit 04:54 PM 07-06-2010
serious shoulder work today.
PeteSB75 06:55 AM 07-08-2010
Shoulders and back today. Hang cleans, pull-ups, press, and t-bar rows.

Been doing the same rotation for a while now, mixing up exercises a bit, but keeping the same order and body part combos. Got a two week break coming up in a couple of weeks, think I'll have to change things up after that, maybe go back to four days/week lifting instead of the three I am on now. Currently doing back/shoulder, chest/arm and leg/ab days. Legs are getting very stale and chest has hit a plateau. Back/shoulders are still going quite well though.

Chest I think I just need to focus more and do a few more exercises each workout. Might switch up and do dumbbells for a while. Debating what I should go with that will improve my squat and dead without actually doing squat and dead. Any suggestions on leg exercises?
Page 211 of 350
« First < 111161201209210211 212213221261311 > Last »
Up