Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 211 of 211
« First < 111161201209210211
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>The Bourbon Thread!!
Porch Dweller 03:13 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by stearns:
Give me some JD BP Rye any day and thrice on Sundays and I'll be happy. No idea how they manage to make rye that good :-)
I haven't tried it yet. I passed on a bottle a few months back and of course that's the last time I've seen it.
[Reply]
Mikepd 09:21 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I wonder if I had a bad sample, Ben, or I'm just not much of a rye guy anymore, but the one I tried did nada for me. I guess I need to give one another shot.
That bottle I brought to Shack in 2023 was meh at best, and as Tom said, he thought it was not a good product. I've tried a few since different pours since from different barrels and I thought they ranged from alright to good, but it hasn't been too high on my list to pick up a bottle. Guess I should give it a try again.

Ben, which would you pick, JD SiB BP Rye (125+ proof) or Michters Barrel Strength Rye (107-115 proof)?
[Reply]
icehog3 07:14 AM Today
Stopped in Binny's for the Wednesday drop. Choice of 1 from Weller SR, EH Taylor Small Batch, 1792 Sweet Wheat and 1792 Aged Twelve Years. Just finished a Sweet Wheat recently, so chose the 12 Year. First pour was good, but nothing like some of their Full Proof picks I have had.

[Reply]
stearns 07:52 AM Today
I've only had a few JDBPR barrels but thought they were all great, given the choice of one at random vs a Michters BSR (if they were both priced like JD) I'd probably take the Michters because I have some great memories drinking that bottle and it's also really friggin good, but there are definitely some Jack Rye picks I've had that I'd take over the Michters

Now if only we could go back to 2020 and buy more of that first JD Rye LE, I didn't think I liked rye until I tried that. I'm still only so-so on rye as a category but have learned that there is so much variation and some can hit me in the right spot. Still haven't found a 95/5 that blew my socks off, I just don't think that one is for me
[Reply]
Page 211 of 211
« First < 111161201209210211
Up