Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 21 of 45
« First < 11192021 222331 > Last »
Sports>NHL '13-'14 Season Thread
mk05 03:48 PM 04-13-2014
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I think Fleury is a bigger factor for the playoffs than Sid, and I think he will sh!t his goalie pants by Round 2 again.

Quick is proven, the Kings will win the Jennings. I think secondary scoring will be their biggest unknown.

Agreed on the Hawks D-men, the Blues' game plan will be to dump and hit. Can Keith, Hjallmarsson, Leddy and Oduya take the beatings for 6-7 games? Big question, that and the health of Toews and Kane.

Ask Adam about Rask, his Bruins fan opinion is always entertaining.... :-)
Agreed on all points. Health is definitely the issue with Chicago...regardless of of the last 6 games, the Blues will come to win the cup. I am betting that Miller is out for blood, and we will see something really special this playoffs.

Kings have the same problem (different degrees obviously) as Columbus. Sharks have great primary talent, but I don't think they will overwhelm Quick. Who knows, Sharks always find a way to lose the big one. :S

I really like the Aves, much like Tampa, so much momentum and synergy there, but think they are too young to go deep. Obviously would love to be proven wrong.

Rangers shot themselves in the foot with that late trade. Don't they know St. Louis is a #2, not the main attraction? Who is the clear #1 on the Rangers? Nash? Not even playing with Martin. It's like Rangers wanted all rounded players...never seen that really work out other than the legendary millennial Red Wings, except they are pretty much all HoFers. Will the Rangers get their **** together by the time they meet the Penguins? I think not.
yourchoice 07:03 PM 04-13-2014
Originally Posted by yourchoice:
Looking for a respectable Flyers' season ending with a playoff appearance. Hoping they do something once there.
Posted back in September... Step one, check. Now onto step two.

Rangers are a tough matchup for the Flyers, but I'd love to see them face the Pens in the second round!
icehog3 07:18 PM 04-13-2014
I am betting the Flyers get past NYR if Mason is healthy. Sorry, Davey Boy. :-)
E.J. 07:23 PM 04-13-2014
Unfortunately, Ducks won last night....tonight would have been for #1 in the West.

Roy is a shoe in for the Jack Adams

Varlamov a coin flip for Vezina

Mackinnon should win Calder easily

He'll of a run for the Avs...

If I was any team in the West, I'd want no part of the Avs...
icehog3 08:06 PM 04-13-2014
Biggest thing going against the Avs is there overall lack of playoff experience. They are much like the Hawks in 2009, when the Hawks lost in the Conference Finals to Detroit. I think the Avs may have a Cup in their near future, but I don't think it will be this year.
mk05 08:09 PM 04-13-2014
Precisely. But great hockey awaiting us next year!
AdamJoshua 08:12 PM 04-13-2014
Bring on the Red Wings!
icehog3 08:12 PM 04-13-2014
Originally Posted by mk05:
Precisely. But great hockey awaiting us next year!
Us??...I thought you were a Lecavlier man?
E.J. 08:33 PM 04-13-2014
Avs give up 3 straight to lose in OT to the Ducks....
E.J. 08:40 PM 04-13-2014
Avs vs Minny in 1st....

LA vs SJ & Chicago vs STL, tough...entire West, tough...
mk05 09:23 PM 04-13-2014
Us??...I thought you were a Lecavlier man?
I am, I meant like, great hockey in general.
AdamJoshua 09:48 PM 04-13-2014
Quinn enshrined in the Canucks ring of honor, wait, the Canucks have a 'ring of honor'? :-)
icehog3 10:23 PM 04-13-2014
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:
Quinn enshrined in the Canucks ring of honor, wait, the Canucks have a 'ring of honor'? :-)
Also known as "Henrik's Vagina". :-)

Marc, gotcha....LOVE me some playoff hockey, regardless of who takes the Cup. OK, as long as it ain't St Louis. :-)

E.J., those are three great series for sure. Lemme say right now, Sharks V. Ducks and Hawks V. Avs in round 2. :-)
nutcracker 04:55 AM 04-14-2014
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:
Usually a ring of rioters trying to smash something in downtown Van.
Torts fits right in! :-):-):-)
drjammer 08:11 AM 04-14-2014
Also known as "Henrik's Vagina". :-)

Marc, gotcha....LOVE me some playoff hockey, regardless of who takes the Cup. OK, as long as it ain't St Louis. :-)

E.J., those are three great series for sure. Lemme say right now, Sharks V. Ducks and Hawks V. Avs in round 2. :-)
Me likey :-)
nutcracker 09:15 AM 04-14-2014
Which first round series are you guys most looking forward to?

For me Rangers-Flyers is going to be a humdinger!
E.J. 09:16 AM 04-14-2014
Boston vs Detroit - Boston
Montreal vs Tampa Bay - TB
Columbus vs Pittsburgh - Pens
Philadelphia vs NY Rangers - Philly

Minnesota vs Colorado - Avs
Chicago vs St. Louis – ‘Hawks
Dallas vs Anaheim - Ducks
Los Angeles vs San Jose - Sharks
E.J. 09:17 AM 04-14-2014
Originally Posted by nutcracker:
Which first round series are you guys most looking forward to?

For me Rangers-Flyers is going to be a humdinger!
Easy, Avs vs Minny...if only because I like watching the Avs more than any other team and it isn't close....:-)
357 10:17 AM 04-14-2014
Kinda fun when the Wings are the underdog. Bruins are tough. Should be a great series.
icehog3 10:35 AM 04-14-2014
Originally Posted by E.J.:
Boston vs Detroit - Boston
Montreal vs Tampa Bay - TB
Columbus vs Pittsburgh - Pens
Philadelphia vs NY Rangers - Philly

Minnesota vs Colorado - Avs
Chicago vs St. Louis – ‘Hawks
Dallas vs Anaheim - Ducks
Los Angeles vs San Jose - Sharks
Did the NHL.com bracket challenge, and those were my 1st round picks, 8 for 8. :-)

Besides the Hawks for obvious reasons, really looking forward to the Kings-Sharks series in the West, as well as Habs-Bolts and Flyers-Rangers in the East.
Page 21 of 45
« First < 11192021 222331 > Last »
Up