Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 21 of 30
« First < 11192021 2223 > Last »
Sports>MLB 2013 Thread
icehog3 08:17 PM 10-08-2013
Gutsy move by Leyland, putting Scherzer in and going for broke. Nice job by Max getting out of his self-created jam.

Hope those bats stay lively on Thursday!
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 10:49 PM 10-08-2013
Yah baby goodbye Dung Rays!

Bring on the next team.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 10:52 PM 10-08-2013
[Reply]
icehog3 12:06 AM 10-09-2013
Congrats, Adam.

If Verlander can pitch like he did in Game 2 and the team can hit like they did in Game 4, it will be the Tigers. :-)
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 05:26 AM 10-09-2013
Very nice win..Sox can beat you many different ways :-)
[Reply]
CigarSquid 07:08 AM 10-09-2013
I still have my thoughts about that HR call.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 07:41 AM 10-09-2013
Hey Garry so does everyone for good or ill, look at the Sox game the other night and the #*#&ing "ring" above home plate, guy pops up, it hits a speaker but comes straight down and is caught but they say its not an out guy get's on base eventually, then someone that wouldn't have been up that inning hits a 3 run bomb. At least that call wasn't the direct cause of the loss, let's face it things got pretty sloppy.

Tom if it is the Tiggers...

Originally Posted by :
Game 6* TBD @ Boston Sat, Oct 19 TBD FOX tickets
Just saying. :-)
[Reply]
CigarSquid 07:47 AM 10-09-2013
I hear ya Adam. I think sometimes it is better to not use the replay then. A's had opportunity to score, but, I feel that had a big impact on the game.
[Reply]
pnoon 07:48 AM 10-09-2013
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:
Hey Garry so does everyone for good or ill, look at the Sox game the other night and the #*#&ing "ring" above home plate, guy pops up, it hits a speaker but comes straight down and is caught but they say its not an out guy get's on base eventually, then someone that wouldn't have been up that inning hits a 3 run bomb. At least that call wasn't the direct cause of the loss, let's face it things got pretty sloppy.
And it did so in foul territory so BY RULE, it's a foul ball.

It seems you complain about everything that doesn't go in favor of the Redsox.

Just sayin' :-)
[Reply]
BigAsh 08:16 AM 10-09-2013
:-):-)
[Reply]
357 08:40 AM 10-09-2013
HR call was close. Given the trajectory it was going over the yellow line and it didn't appear Reddick was going to get it. However, with the fan touching the ball now we'll never know. It would have changed the game if reversed but not necessarily the outcome.

I was amazed Leyland left Sherzer in with the bases loaded and nobody out. He definitely came through. That said, I can't believe he put Max in at all. He's been pretty adamant about NOT moving starters up. I think Verlander's showing in game 2 and the fact he'll be fully rested for game 5 greatly influenced that decision.

Speaking of game 5. I'd really like to see V-Mart catch, Miggy DH, Peralta play 3rd, and preferrably Dirks in LF. Avila hasn't hit and Miggy's hurting too much to be effective defensively. Plus, there's a TON of foul territory to cover in LF in Oakland that I know Jhonny can't cover. This could result in the A's trying to run more on V-Mart but I'd take that risk vs a weak fielding 3B and LF. Just my :-)

BTW Go Tigers!!!
[Reply]
SD Beerman 08:41 AM 10-09-2013
Originally Posted by pnoon:

those mods always have something to say........

Just sayin'
[Reply]
icehog3 08:42 AM 10-09-2013
Originally Posted by garryyjr:
I still have my thoughts about that HR call.
Me too....I thought it was awesome. :-)

On a serious note....4 camera angles, outfielder never had a shot, it was past time a foot over his glove. Umpires, commentators and analysts agreed with me. But it's moot...it's all about Game 5 now, Garry.

Tom if it is the Tiggers...

Originally Posted by :
Game 6* TBD @ Boston Sat, Oct 19 TBD FOX tickets
Just saying. :-)
Sweet....I LOVE Game 6s in Boston! :-)
[Reply]
357 09:03 AM 10-09-2013
Tom, what do you think about DH'ing Miggy?
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 10:12 AM 10-09-2013
Originally Posted by pnoon:

It was over home plate, don't care where it fell it was CAUGHT by the catcher and was ruled a dead ball, actually was ruled dead after he caught it even. Seems that you like to pick at me about everything even if you aren't sure what's going on.

Just sayin'
[Reply]
pnoon 10:47 AM 10-09-2013
It was over home plate, don't care where it fell it was CAUGHT by the catcher and was ruled a dead ball, actually was ruled dead after he caught it even. Seems that you like to pick at me about everything even if you aren't sure what's going on.

Just sayin'
What makes you think I don't know what's going on? I watched the game, too. Rules apply to all teams. Even your beloved Red Sox.

Stop yer whining. I call em like I see em. Besides, if you're willing to talk $hit, you've got to be willing to take some.
[Reply]
icehog3 02:48 PM 10-09-2013
Originally Posted by 357:
Tom, what do you think about DH'ing Miggy?
And do what with VMart, Mike? He's got the hottest bat right now.
[Reply]
357 02:59 PM 10-09-2013
Originally Posted by icehog3:
And do what with VMart, Mike? He's got the hottest bat right now.
Start V-Mart at catcher, Peralta at 3B, Dirks in LF.
[Reply]
The Poet 03:34 PM 10-09-2013
On a more serious note, after much speculation and reported pursuit by the Cubbies and Gnats, Joe Girardi has signed a 4-year extension with the Yankees. :-)

And yes, this is more serious than actual post-season games because . . . well, because it is the Yankees. :-)
[Reply]
pnoon 03:49 PM 10-09-2013
Originally Posted by The Poet:
On a more serious note, after much speculation and reported pursuit by the Cubbies and Gnats, Joe Girardi has signed a 4-year extension with the Yankees. :-)

And yes, this is more serious than actual post-season games because . . . well, because it is the Yankees. :-)
:-)

:-)

Not really.
[Reply]
Page 21 of 30
« First < 11192021 2223 > Last »
Up