Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 21 of 104
« First < 11192021 22233171 > Last »
Sports>NHL '08- '09 Thread
icehog3 07:31 AM 03-16-2009
Originally Posted by taltos:
Good luck to the Hawks on Tuesday.:-)
Thanks Paul...they're gonna need it. :-)
taltos 07:32 AM 03-16-2009
Anything bad for NJ is good for Boston.:-)
icehog3 07:55 AM 03-16-2009
Anything bad for NJ is good for Boston.:-)
Anything bad for NJ on Tuesday is good for the Hawks. :-)
taltos 09:01 AM 03-16-2009
They should limit the playoffs to the original 6 teams anyways. We only need the expansion teams to provide variety during the regular season and to provide additional farm teams for us.:-):-):-)
Sawyer 09:11 AM 03-16-2009
They should limit the playoffs to the original 6 teams anyways. We only need the expansion teams to provide variety during the regular season and to provide additional farm teams for us.:-):-):-)
No, it should just be between the Canadiens and Maple Leafs since they are the only charter members left. :-) So in reality every team but them are expansion teams.
taltos 09:17 AM 03-16-2009
Originally Posted by Sawyer:
No, it should just be between the Canadiens and Maple Leafs since they are the only charter members left. :-) So in reality every team but them are expansion teams.
Actually you are right but I am using Original Six in the traditional sense. I suppose that we could let the Senators in since they were, at one time, league members in the early days.:-)
bugmenot 10:54 AM 03-20-2009
Ok, what did you guys think of Ovechkin's celebration?
taltos 11:03 AM 03-20-2009
Originally Posted by bugmenot:
That crap will get him killed one of these days.
bugmenot 12:28 PM 03-20-2009
That's what I'm thinking, and I'm wondering why nobody did anything. Does Tampa not have a big guy? A few years ago, there is no way he would have gotten away with something like that.
icehog3 02:12 PM 03-20-2009
I missed it, do you have a link? :-)
jamesb3 02:31 PM 03-20-2009
Missed the celebration myself. But I have read a ton of stuff saying it was over the top. Untill he wins in the playofs he will just be a showboater.
bugmenot 06:22 PM 03-20-2009
Let me get the link really quick.

http://capitals.nhl.tv/team/console....57&event=T.B24
smokeyandthebandit05 07:24 PM 03-20-2009
Congrats to Brodeur on shutout #101 tonight against the Wild:-)
icehog3 11:00 PM 03-20-2009
Let me get the link really quick.

http://capitals.nhl.tv/team/console....57&event=T.B24

Thank you....that was Bush League. :-)

Hawks can't buy a win right now. :-)
cigarusmaximus 11:03 PM 03-20-2009
At this rate the nucks are going to blow past the Flames and the Hawks :-):-):-)

Flames just can't seem to have more than 3 players at the top of their game at the same time. Ollie's on a tear, while Kipper looks like he's napping :-)....
icehog3 11:23 PM 03-20-2009
Originally Posted by cigarusmaximus:
At this rate the nucks are going to blow past the Flames and the Hawks :-):-):-)

Flames just can't seem to have more than 3 players at the top of their game at the same time. Ollie's on a tear, while Kipper looks like he's napping :-)....
Same in Chicago....Toews is on a tear, but the goaltending and defensive (or lack of it, read "Brian Campbell") are killing the Hawks.
romwarrior 01:04 AM 03-21-2009
Originally Posted by cigarusmaximus:
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Same in Chicago....Toews is on a tear, but the goaltending and defensive (or lack of it, read "Brian Campbell") are killing the Hawks.
Eh, all you guys whose teams will at least see a playoff game get no sympathy from me!!!! :-) :-) :-) :-)
bugmenot 12:12 PM 03-21-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Is he being a ghost on the ice? I swear during the playoffs for the sharks you couldn't tell when he was on the ice, and when you could, it was not a good thing. So happy they didn't sign him, and got Boyle for essentially nothing.

Originally Posted by romwarrior:
Eh, all you guys whose teams will at least see a playoff game get no sympathy from me!!!! :-) :-) :-) :-)
Kings beat the bruins! Give the kings another year or two, and I think they will be very competitive again. Could be a scary division.

The blues have been sneaking up into the playoffs, two points back from the predators, and both have the same amount of games left.
icehog3 02:34 PM 03-21-2009
Is he being a ghost on the ice? I swear during the playoffs for the sharks you couldn't tell when he was on the ice, and when you could, it was not a good thing. So happy they didn't sign him, and got Boyle for essentially nothing.

Yeah, I would much rather have Boyle. Campbell isn't invisible at all......he can clearly be seen losing his check, coughing it up, shying away....it is sad. He actually had his best game in 3 weeks last night, and he was barely average.
Mr.Maduro 02:50 PM 03-21-2009
How about that goalie in New Jersey!!
Page 21 of 104
« First < 11192021 22233171 > Last »
Up