Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 21 of 39
« First < 11192021 222331 > Last »
Sports>New York Mets 2010 Banter
KidRock 02:56 PM 07-11-2010
Greetings Mets Lovers,

I will be attending the Mets vs Cardinals game on Tuesday July 27th. Are there any fun/must do at Citifield or near the stadium?

Thanks,

Jon
[Reply]
Ogre 03:00 PM 07-11-2010
Go RAYS, just figured I would stir up both the NY teams threads!!!!!!
[Reply]
The Poet 02:36 PM 07-12-2010
Originally Posted by KidRock:
Are there any fun/must do at Citifield or near the stadium?

Thanks,

Jon
I've not been there yet, but it is my understanding that Citi itself is pretty much a baseball museum alone, so unless you have more that a few hours to kill you need not leave the premises. Plus, there are plenty of restaurants and higher-end concessions for you to get your nosh on. Otherwise, the USTA Tennis Center and the old World's Fair grounds are nearby (or what little the alien from Men In Black left standing :-)), but Astoria ain't really Manhattan, brother.
[Reply]
KidRock 07:16 PM 07-12-2010
Originally Posted by The Poet:
I've not been there yet, but it is my understanding that Citi itself is pretty much a baseball museum alone, so unless you have more that a few hours to kill you need not leave the premises. Plus, there are plenty of restaurants and higher-end concessions for you to get your nosh on. Otherwise, the USTA Tennis Center and the old World's Fair grounds are nearby (or what little the alien from Men In Black left standing :-)), but Astoria ain't really Manhattan, brother.
:-) thanks brother bumped ya to! thanks for the great advice
[Reply]
kelmac07 11:31 AM 07-16-2010
Dropped a tough one last night to Lincecum and the Giants. Dickey pitched a great game...with ZERO run support. Seems to be a repetitive theme. :-)
[Reply]
jonumberone 01:23 PM 07-16-2010
Originally Posted by KidRock:
Greetings Mets Lovers,

Are there any fun/must do at Citifield or near the stadium?

There are no must do things near the stadium. As the poet said, the USTC is nearby, but will be a complete waste of time. You would be better served looking at it from the concourse of Citi Field. There is also Flushing Meadows Corona Park. It's a nice park, but after you've seen one squirrel you've seen them all. Belmont Park is nearby, but may be dark on Tuesday's.

Some nearby attractions are the
Queens Zoo
http://www.queenszoo.com/

N.Y. Hall Of Science
http://www.nysci.org/

& The Queens Museum
http://www.queensmuseum.org/

If you Don't have kids the museum is your best bet for something to do. With kids the hall of science is great.

Another option is Tailgating. This is never a problem when we go, Though the cops have been extra hard on us with the beer this year (cutting down on my heckling abilities). Put Beer in some red Solo Cups and keep the cans or bottles out of sight in the trunk and you'll be fine.

Do you plan on driving or taking the train?
#7 takes you to the stadium.

PM me if you need more help with directions or other places around Queens
[Reply]
Darrell 01:23 PM 07-16-2010
[Reply]
jonumberone 01:24 PM 07-16-2010
Buying stolen hubcaps across the street is a great way to pass the time while waiting for the gates to open.
[Reply]
Coach Deg 01:27 PM 07-16-2010
Beltran was a big help in his big return!!!!
[Reply]
kelmac07 01:32 PM 07-16-2010
Originally Posted by RPmark:
Beltran was a big help in his big return!!!!
:-) :-)
[Reply]
Darrell 10:58 PM 07-16-2010
Hi!

GO GIANTS!!

:-)
[Reply]
MedicCook 12:42 AM 07-17-2010
Go New York

Yankees!!!!
[Reply]
kelmac07 02:20 AM 07-17-2010
Two consecutive games and not one freakin run???? I mean they are professional ball players right? Another pitching gem (this one from Niese) BLOWN by the Mets.

:-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
Coach Deg 06:56 AM 07-17-2010
Being a Mets and Rays fan it's a good thing I'm married or I'd never score!!
[Reply]
kelmac07 11:50 AM 07-17-2010
Originally Posted by RPmark:
Being a Mets and Rays fan it's a good thing I'm married or I'd never score!!
:-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
The Poet 12:10 PM 07-17-2010
Saw a great t-shirt on a guy yesterday, Mac, and I'm gonna try to find you one. Following that old public service ad, it read "This is your brain", and had a Yankee logo. Then it read "This is your brain on drugs", with a Mets logo.

Classic. :-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 12:13 PM 07-17-2010
Originally Posted by The Poet:
Saw a great t-shirt on a guy yesterday, Mac, and I'm gonna try to find you one. Following that old public service ad, it read "This is your brain", and had a Yankee logo. Then it read "This is your brain on drugs", with a Mets logo.

Classic. :-)
Nothing with a Yankees logo is allowed in my home. My youngest son has friends over all the time and they must "check" their Yankees hat at the door. :-)
[Reply]
The Poet 12:35 PM 07-17-2010
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Nothing with a Yankees logo is allowed in my home. My youngest son has friends over all the time and they must "check" their Yankees hat at the door. :-)
Hell. I even own a Mets cap myself, and wear it every time they do something truly positive.

As you might guess, it's still pretty new. :-)
[Reply]
yachties23 01:04 PM 07-17-2010
I can't believe I've never seen this thread.

The 0 runs since the allstar break, and the return of carlos has me a bit worried.

Pitching obviously been stellar.
[Reply]
The Poet 01:09 PM 07-17-2010
Originally Posted by yachties23:
I can't believe I've never seen this thread.
You still drunk, Chris? :-)
[Reply]
Page 21 of 39
« First < 11192021 222331 > Last »
Up