Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 21 of 31
« First < 11192021 2223 > Last »
Sports>*2010 MLB Thread*
VirtualSmitty 10:36 AM 06-28-2010
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
A's might be moving to Ohhh Canada!

CKGM in Montreal is reporting that A's owner Lew Wolff is in Quebec City talking to Jean Charest, Premier of Quebec about moving the A's to Montreal.
Cause that worked out great the last time :-)

How bout the Yankees game last night! Kept me up late, but well worth it. Awesome rally in the ninth inning against a pretty good pitcher in Broxton.
[Reply]
kelmac07 11:17 AM 06-28-2010
How 'bout them Mets!! :-) :-)
[Reply]
3SmokesaRound 12:25 PM 06-28-2010
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:

How bout the Yankees game last night! Kept me up late, but well worth it. Awesome rally in the ninth inning against a pretty good pitcher in Broxton.
As a Giants fan I was happy with the outcome :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 04:21 PM 06-28-2010
Originally Posted by MedicCook:
Strasburg has now learned why he needs to become a Yankee. He went 6 innings gave up 1 run, had 9K's 0 walks and gets a loss in a 1-0 game. He needs to be on a team that can score him runs and the Nat's are not that team.
This is the main reason that I think pitchers should not have win/loss records.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 04:23 PM 06-28-2010

:-):-)
[Reply]
Starscream 04:26 PM 06-28-2010

CKGM in Montreal is reporting that A's owner Lew Wolff is in Quebec City talking to Jean Charest, Premier of Quebec about moving the A's to Montreal.
I'd hate to see the name Athletics go away, since they have been around FOREVER, but it would be cool to see the Expos again (not the Washington Expos).
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 04:28 PM 06-28-2010
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
I'd hate to see the name Athletics go away, since they have been around FOREVER, but it would be cool to see the Expos again (not the Washington Expos).
:-)

Would Tampa go the the Al central and then KC to the West? Thats my guess. Lots could happen though.
[Reply]
The Poet 04:36 PM 06-28-2010

Would Tampa go the the Al central and then KC to the West? Thats my guess. Lots could happen though.
Nah, just add them to the AL East, and give the Yankees a bye. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 05:40 PM 06-28-2010

Tampa would definitely benefit right now. Would take the Yanks and Bosox out of the picture.

And KC would still suck, no matter what division they're in.:-)
[Reply]
MedicCook 10:54 PM 06-28-2010

Montreal has proved that they will not support a MLB team. The year of the strike the Expos were best in the NL and they still could not draw fans, then after the strike they were lucky to get 5000 fans a game.
[Reply]
kelmac07 08:27 PM 07-04-2010
All Star snubs....the biggest are Joey Votto & Heath Bell. Both deserve to be in the mid-summer classic.

And Geradi being "slick" picking Sabathia (knowing he is pitching 11 Jul and then said he was gonna subsitute him with Pettitte). WRONG way to go about it. While Pettitte deserves to be there, why not pick him first?
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 08:40 PM 07-04-2010
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
All Star snubs....the biggest are Joey Votto & Heath Bell. Both deserve to be in the mid-summer classic.

And Geradi being "slick" picking Sabathia (knowing he is pitching 11 Jul and then said he was gonna subsitute him with Pettitte). WRONG way to go about it. While Pettitte deserves to be there, why not pick him first?
Forget that, how about Omar Infante going from the braves? That makes zero sense to me :-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 08:42 PM 07-04-2010
Forget that, how about Omar Infante going from the braves? That makes zero sense to me :-)
True...what the hell was Charlie Manuel thinking??? :-) :-)
[Reply]
MedicCook 09:45 PM 07-04-2010
The manager every year does everything they can to get their own players on the team. Nothing new.
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 09:07 AM 07-05-2010
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
True...what the hell was Charlie Manuel thinking??? :-) :-)
I dunno. Not like the Braves aren't well represented. Maybe he owes him a favor or something :-)
[Reply]
pnoon 09:13 AM 07-05-2010
The All-Star selection process is a joke.
Add Butt Selig into the mix and it will remain a disaster.
[Reply]
The Poet 12:50 PM 07-05-2010
Originally Posted by pnoon:
The All-Star selection process is a joke.
And speaking of "All-Star" jokes, Baltimore and Detroit are presently involved in a real pitchers' duel. In the top of the 4th, it's 8-7 already. :-)
[Reply]
3SmokesaRound 03:33 PM 07-05-2010
The Infante pick is a joke, and Votto definitely deserves to be there. I'm not an Angels fan what-so-ever, but Jered Weaver deserves to be there too. I hate the fact that managers get to make picks!
[Reply]
The Poet 03:39 PM 07-05-2010
Originally Posted by 3SmokesaRound:
I hate the fact that managers get to make picks!
Yeah, what the hell do THEY know about baseball? Leave the selection in the capable and objective hands of the fans! :-)
[Reply]
3SmokesaRound 03:53 PM 07-05-2010
Originally Posted by The Poet:
Yeah, what the hell do THEY know about baseball? Leave the selection in the capable and objective hands of the fans! :-)
That is laughable, but in all honesty I'd rather the fans have an extra pick than the managers getting any. Really though, every pick should be decided on by the players. :-)
[Reply]
Page 21 of 31
« First < 11192021 2223 > Last »
Up