Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 21 of 67
« First < 11192021 222331 > Last »
General Discussion>It's happend
Starscream 04:29 PM 01-13-2009
Originally Posted by taltos:
Duplicate accounts are supposed to be good for a ban.:-)
kwagga2?
kumarusc2?
:-)
gettysburgfreak 05:05 PM 01-13-2009
if you want to get banned post a thread in the general discussion and bash John whatever the hell is name is and tell him how much his site blows.
pnoon 05:08 PM 01-13-2009
Originally Posted by gettysburgfreak:
if you want to get banned post a thread in the general discussion and bash John whatever the hell is name is and tell him how much his site blows.
Spoken from truth.

Although, the account and posts will not be deleted. Access will be denied.
md4958 05:18 PM 01-13-2009
you can always ask pubicly to have your account deleted.. and keep asking till they do it
pnoon 05:29 PM 01-13-2009
Originally Posted by md4958:
you can always ask pubicly to have your account deleted.. and keep asking till they do it
And how will you continue to ask if you've been banned?
borndead1 05:32 PM 01-13-2009
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Spoken from truth.

Although, the account and posts will not be deleted. Access will be denied.

You mean no more "No longer a community member" underneath your user name?

Man that's BS. :-)
md4958 05:32 PM 01-13-2009
And how will you continue to ask if you've been banned?
apparently hes been having difficulty getting banned... that was actually the point... he WANTS to get banned or have his account deleted
pnoon 05:37 PM 01-13-2009
Originally Posted by md4958:
apparently hes been having difficulty getting banned... that was actually the point... he WANTS to get banned or have his account deleted
I guess what I was trying to say is that you may get banned but he won't delete your user name and posts.
md4958 05:39 PM 01-13-2009
I guess what I was trying to say is that you may get banned but he won't delete your user name and posts.
It was my understanding that was our friends intention... either banishment or deletion
JKim 05:55 PM 01-13-2009
Originally Posted by borndead1:
They still won't ban me or delete my account.

Any ideas? :-)
Of course it's your option to log on to puff and post any thread that you feel would get you banned. It doesn't make my life any easier, but who's concern is that really other than my own?

If one of the moderators won't ban you at your request, let me know. I'm pretty sure that's within my ability to do so at Puff.

This thread makes me sad on several fronts. Sad for the change to Clubstogie, sad at the fictional boundary drawn in the sand, sad to see people pick sides which inevitably creates some conflict or confrontation.

Puff.com sure is not ClubStogie, but that was pretty obvious change when Jon/Paul made their announcement.

I offered to moderate at ClubStogie soon after the announcement when there were no moderators, when a few had volunteered to nurse ClubStogie because a few people saw a glimpse of what made ClubStogie great in the past, Fellow cigar smokers helping other cigar smokers, brothers helping brothers.

Disgruntled members are expected when the change happens. That doesn't bother me. Lashing out overtly or covertly isn't a shock.

Changes are happening, the content is different, for better or worse I don't konw yet, interface is similar. Somebody is definately trying to make a buck with that site and it ain't me.

I just don't have much to post or say these days....

Happy smoking to all.. God Bless..
md4958 05:57 PM 01-13-2009
Originally Posted by JKim:
Of course it's your option to log on to puff and post any thread that you feel would get you banned. It doesn't make my life any easier, but who's concern is that really other than my own?

If one of the moderators won't ban you at your request, let me know. I'm pretty sure that's within my ability to do so at Puff.

This thread makes me sad on several fronts. Sad for the change to Clubstogie, sad at the fictional boundary drawn in the sand, sad to see people pick sides which inevitably creates some conflict or confrontation.

Puff.com sure is not ClubStogie, but that was pretty obvious change when Jon/Paul made their announcement.

I offered to moderate at ClubStogie soon after the announcement when there were no moderators, when a few had volunteered to nurse ClubStogie because a few people saw a glimpse of what made ClubStogie great in the past, Fellow cigar smokers helping other cigar smokers, brothers helping brothers.

Disgruntled members are expected when the change happens. That doesn't bother me. Lashing out overtly or covertly isn't a shock.

Changes are happening, the content is different, for better or worse I don't konw yet, interface is similar. Somebody is definately trying to make a buck with that site and it ain't me.

how is the morale over there?
JKim 05:59 PM 01-13-2009
Morale? <shrug> beats me. The new guys are still posting their questions, the old guys are mostly here. New guys are finding their way here as well.
scoot 06:15 PM 01-13-2009

Changes are happening, the content is different, for better or worse I don't konw yet,
Seriously? You're not sure yet?
Blueface 06:16 PM 01-13-2009

Ji,
I truly feel for you and the other mods, specially now knowing you personally.
For me, my final button was pushed today by his choice of words and frankly, pompous arrogance in that thread that you are aware of.
That is not a way to run a business.
That was totally uncalled for and childish behavior from a person trying to build an empire in the cigar forum business.
It is not a reflection of you or any of the mods but it in fact eventually will be, unfortunately.
That is what led me to cleaning my locker room, packing, saying my goodbye's to the mods, and exiting.
Again, my condolences to you and the rest of the group.
ahc4353 06:21 PM 01-13-2009

Nuff said.

(Poker, this is my opinion.)
JKim 06:27 PM 01-13-2009
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Ji,
I truly feel for you and the other mods, specially now knowing you personally.
For me, my final button was pushed today by his choice of words and frankly, pompous arrogance in that thread that you are aware of.
That is not a way to run a business.
That was totally uncalled for and childish behavior from a person trying to build an empire in the cigar forum business.
It is not a reflection of you or any of the mods but it in fact eventually will be, unfortunately.
That is what led me to cleaning my locker room, packing, saying my goodbye's to the mods, and exiting.
Again, my condolences to you and the rest of the group.
Carlos.. I respect your decision to leave and understand completely. I thank you for taking a few moments to say good-bye through PMs, but you can't lose me that easy :-)

As far as the personal reflection goes, I'd like to believe people form their own opinions based on my own actions, but there is truth in the reality you've drawn as well.

I hope my senses will let me know when that boundary has been crossed. I don't think it has yet, but it may not be far off the horizon.
JKim 06:30 PM 01-13-2009
Originally Posted by scoot:
Seriously? You're not sure yet?
Puff definately isn't just a forum any longer. There's content that wasn't centralized at ClubStogie. I've seen a few of the videos, although the interviews aren't the best in the world, there was enough interest for me to sit through and at least listen to what was being said by Ernesto Padilla.

There's a level of knowledge that has definately left the forums, especially as more and more people leave.
pnoon 06:36 PM 01-13-2009
Ji,
I appreciate your thoughtful and insightful posts here in this thread.
It is evident to everyone (as it was 3 months ago) that Jon is not and never will be a cigar guy. He likes to think of himself as one but he's just not. Couple that with a lack of people skills and it's a recipe for disaster. I wish you and the other mods all the luck in the world. You will need it.
Blueface 06:40 PM 01-13-2009
Ji,
Jr. is going to be deployed to Atlanta for 10 days.
Told him to reach out to you for a smoke together at a B&M out there.
His schedule is tight but he sometimes manages to get away for a while.
DrDubzz 06:44 PM 01-13-2009
Puff definately isn't just a forum any longer. There's content that wasn't centralized at ClubStogie. I've seen a few of the videos, although the interviews aren't the best in the world, there was enough interest for me to sit through and at least listen to what was being said by Ernesto Padilla.

There's a level of knowledge that has definately left the forums, especially as more and more people leave.
to echo this, some of the content on the main site will keep me lurking, I won't post, but I'll take advantage of the videos and content of that nature
Page 21 of 67
« First < 11192021 222331 > Last »
Up