Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 21 of 35
« First < 11192021 222331 > Last »
Sports>WHO DEY!!!! Bengals fans check in!!!!
chippewastud79 02:41 PM 10-31-2010
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
Bengals = Superbowl :-)
:-) :-) At this point, not finishing last in the division might be a better goal.
[Reply]
hotreds 06:31 PM 10-31-2010
:-):-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 06:32 PM 10-31-2010
:-):-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
Mikey202 05:58 PM 11-08-2010
I got a tasty NC 5ver ......... I'll take my Steelers.... who wants to take the Bengals?
[Reply]
chippewastud79 08:16 PM 11-08-2010
Originally Posted by Mikey202:
I got a tasty NC 5ver ......... I'll take my Steelers.... who wants to take the Bengals?
Your only shot was Dan, he thinks they still have a shot at the Superbowl. :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 01:24 PM 11-14-2010
The Bengals are just plain awful to start this game. I can't understand why Manning isn't tearing them apart. :-)

Where are you Dan? Plenty of opportunity to up your post count with football discussion.

Guess you'll have to wait for the 'Reds win! Reds win!' posts. :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 02:04 PM 11-14-2010
Dang, we almost won this game...
[Reply]
hotreds 03:17 PM 11-14-2010
I bet they'd be 8-0 if the 1st half didn't count. Alas, it does!
[Reply]
WhoDeySchenk 05:55 PM 11-14-2010
the Bengals are number 1 every week in the BCS polls.....(Bengal Comedy Sunday)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 06:38 PM 11-14-2010
Dang, we almost won this game...
Are you serious? They looked like complete garbage and Indianapolis almost blew the game. It would be nice to see TO and Chad show up the same week. Gresham seems like the only one who was playing hard in the second half and made a rookie mistake. :-)
[Reply]
WhoDeySchenk 06:46 AM 11-23-2010
...from Pro Football Talk.com's site!!

"It can get worse for the Bengals

On Sunday, the Bengals made history. As Joe Reedy of the Cincinnati Enquirer points out, they are the first team in NFL history has led by 17 or more at halftime and loss by 18 or more.

The 35-0 second half score in favor of Buffalo was the Bengals’ single worst second half result in 43 seasons.

Amazingly, this 2-8 team hasn’t hit bottom yet. Consider what’s happening in the secondary, which was the one strength of the team.

Safety Cris Crocker looks to be out for the rest of the season with a knee injury. Excellent starting cornerback Johnathan Joseph (knee) is “out for the foreseeable future.” Safety Roy Williams (concussion) and Brandon Ghee (groin) also left the game early.

If the season ended today, the Bengals would have the third pick in the draft. Their next head coach can enjoy that decision.

In the meantime, we’re stuck watching the Bengals on the nightcap to Thanksgiving’s trifecta of mismatches. All three games feature a team 3-7 or worse facing a team 7-3 or better."

So what Joe Reedy is sayin' is that the Bengals are Record Setters!!!!! :-) :-) :-)
I actually am somewhat enjoying watching the games this season. As a lifelong Bengals fan I used to get upset on Sunday with crap gameplay etc. This year, I've decided that it's pointless...I laugh at the numerous mistakes. Hey, just lose out, get a great draft pick that you'll screw up as usual. (aka Andre Smith, Chris Perry, Peter Warrick, Akili Smith, Ki-Jana Carter, David Klingler, ahem, Carson Palmer)

It's all good! T.O. says it best (at least someone opens their mouth and speaks the truth, god knows our beloved couch won't) "What's crazy is the fact that we're just terrible. That's just plain and simple. When I say we, that's me included. Let me look you in the eyes and emphasize -- we are terrible. Terrible. I have no answers for you. I have no sound bytes for you. All I know is, right now, we are terrible."

Well done T.O., I totally applaud you for once in your life! :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 06:50 AM 11-23-2010
We need to draft a QB in the draft.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 07:57 AM 11-23-2010
We need to draft an offensive coordinator in the draft.
There, I fixed it for you.

It is also time to cut loose Chad and TO and start over with some team players. While they're at it: Smith, Rucker, Fanene, Benson. I hate to give up on Carson when part of this seasons debachle is a lack of consistent effort on the outside. :-)

Jeff Fisher might be on the job market, depending on whether he or Vince gets cut. Tony Dungy and John Gruden might also be interested in coming back. Gruden would be a good fit to instill some sort of discipline in the team instead of just allowing them to run wild. :-)

The biggest key would be cutting Mike Brown and hiring a GM and a recruiting/scouting department. :-)
[Reply]
WhoDeySchenk 08:11 AM 11-23-2010
Well said Adam! Come to think of it, I haven't seen any of those "In Marvin We Trust" shirts being worn recently. :-) LOL
[Reply]
chippewastud79 08:20 AM 11-23-2010
Originally Posted by WhoDeySchenk:
Well said Adam! Come to think of it, I haven't seen any of those "In Marvin We Trust" shirts being worn recently. :-) LOL
Dan still wears his daily. :-)

There is going to be a lot of people upset with all their Marvin Lewis merchandise. I am not sure he has ever been a good head coach, just a perfect storm last season that saved his job. :-)
[Reply]
Sled Dog 11:11 AM 11-23-2010
I live in Buffalo, and I just want to say thanks for ruining my dreams of the #1 overall draft pick
[Reply]
WhoDeySchenk 06:18 AM 11-24-2010
[Reply]
elderboy02 06:19 AM 11-24-2010
^ I really hope so. Dude still doesn't know if he wants us to be a running or passing team.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 08:04 AM 11-24-2010
Originally Posted by WhoDeySchenk:
^ I really hope so. Dude still doesn't know if he wants us to be a running or passing team.
Wow, after 5 years, I'm not the only one saying that. Even the homer of all homers is starting to turn. Now if only we could get Dan some actual sports knowledge. :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 08:10 AM 11-24-2010
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
Wow, after 5 years, I'm not the only one saying that. Even the homer of all homers is starting to turn. Now if only we could get Dan some actual sports knowledge. :-)
I was never a fan of Bratkowski.
[Reply]
Page 21 of 35
« First < 11192021 222331 > Last »
Up