Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 206 of 350
« First < 106156196204205206 207208216256306 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
Mugen910 08:21 AM 06-01-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
They were a lot more effective...but a lot less safe...before the FDA banned ephedra. I quit using them years ago when it appeared they were having a negative effect on my heart, Bao.

Pete, that sucks, hope you get an explanation.

Off to hit back shortly....first time T-Bar rowing since I have been back. :-)
Tom, we had a Marine die in Okinawa from Hydroxycut when there was ephedra in it. Heat + Humidity + Hydroxycut = :-) I was curious if the new version was any different.
icehog3 08:30 AM 06-01-2010
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
Tom, we had a Marine die in Okinawa from Hydroxycut when there was ephedra in it. Heat + Humidity + Hydroxycut = :-) I was curious if the new version was any different.
Different, yes....It is safer, Bao, as it does not contain ephedra. The flip side is that it is no where near as effective.
PeteSB75 10:27 AM 06-01-2010
Pete, that sucks, hope you get an explanation.
I'm not holding out too much hope. I'll ask for the month free though. First time we've had a problem with this guy. Had similar problems last year once or twice with a different guy coming to open up.

Originally Posted by :
Off to hit back shortly....first time T-Bar rowing since I have been back. :-)
:-)
icehog3 02:18 PM 06-01-2010
Good luck, Pete, hope you get the month free.

Good back and delt workout today. T-Bars, Bentover Rows, Pullups for back, Seated military and some Hammerstrength for shoulders. Some of the endurance is coming back, and the crud finally seems to be breaking up....no one at the gym thought I had malaria today. :-)
Mugen910 02:19 PM 06-01-2010
Good luck, Pete, hope you get the month free.

Good back and delt workout today. T-Bars, Bentover Rows, Pullups for back, Seated military and some Hammerstrength for shoulders. Some of the endurance is coming back, and the crud finally seems to be breaking up....no one at the gym thought I had malaria today. :-)
hammerstrength?
icehog3 02:29 PM 06-01-2010
hammerstrength?
http://us.commercial.lifefitness.com...lshoulderpress
BigFrank 02:45 PM 06-01-2010
anyone have any input on thermogenic products?
Don't waste your money. Stay away. Most contain herbal and chemical diuretics that shed water from the body which during the summer / heat months can be terrible. Plus people take them drop a few lbs of water weight and think it's working. This is how I believe people have died from taking diet pills. They get on a crash diet ( no calories ) do a ton ( too much exercise too fast ) and take stimulants ( diuretics and caffeine ) which in turn put a lot of stress on the heart and CNS. If you want some stimulants just stick with energy boosters etc.
You know better so I'm not going to give you the diet spiel. Post up what your doing and what your eating, let the Iron Brotherhood take a look.
BigFrank 02:49 PM 06-01-2010
Squatted last night. Everything was sore, tight and hurt. Although we picked up a new squat bar and it totally kicks ass.
355x5,5,5,5,5
Rack Pulls
worked up to 605x3
Leg Ext
Leg Press
GHR
Abs
Calves

Just going to keep adding volume then weight.
icehog3 06:46 PM 06-01-2010
Kickin' ass, Frank! :-)
PeteSB75 07:27 AM 06-02-2010
Didn't sleep well last night, and woke up a bit late to go lift. Decided to go to spin instead. Logic?
Mugen910 08:06 AM 06-02-2010
http://us.commercial.lifefitness.com...lshoulderpress
That's what I thought...too bad my gym has none of that stuff.
Originally Posted by BigFrank:
Don't waste your money. Stay away. Most contain herbal and chemical diuretics that shed water from the body which during the summer / heat months can be terrible. Plus people take them drop a few lbs of water weight and think it's working. This is how I believe people have died from taking diet pills. They get on a crash diet ( no calories ) do a ton ( too much exercise too fast ) and take stimulants ( diuretics and caffeine ) which in turn put a lot of stress on the heart and CNS. If you want some stimulants just stick with energy boosters etc.
You know better so I'm not going to give you the diet spiel. Post up what your doing and what your eating, let the Iron Brotherhood take a look.
:-)
Originally Posted by PeteSB75:
Didn't sleep well last night, and woke up a bit late to go lift. Decided to go to spin instead. Logic?
makes sense to me...you'd rather see women next to you sweaty on bikes than other men grunting and lifting weights.
BigFrank 07:22 PM 06-02-2010
Not a good sign here brothers...

Some protein drinks can even pose health risks, including exposure to potentially harmful heavy metals, if consumed frequently. All drinks in our tests had at least one sample containing one or more of the following contaminants: arsenic, cadmium, lead, and mercury. Those metals can have toxic effects on several organs in the body.

God Damnit.

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/m...rink/index.htm
Mugen910 07:59 PM 06-02-2010

Some protein drinks can even pose health risks, including exposure to potentially harmful heavy metals, if consumed frequently. All drinks in our tests had at least one sample containing one or more of the following contaminants: arsenic, cadmium, lead, and mercury. Those metals can have toxic effects on several organs in the body.

God Damnit.

:-) At least the stuff I'm taking has no columns in bold but yeah...crap!

This wasn't my best or normal food intake day

830ish - Whey shake in the am with almond milk
930ish - Raisin Bagel with a bit of cream cheese w/ 1 cup of green tea
1230ish - a few thin slices of ham, provolone, roast beef, turkey, proscuitto (I swear this wasn't a normal day) all wrapped in a , well wrap. :-)
3ish - iced white mocha from starbucks
6pm - whey shake w/almond milk
8pm - Biceps (21s, hammer curls, preacher curls) Back ( 3 exercises I don't know the names of) sweat up a storm since it was at home and very little break.
9pm - 6 small breaded chicken wings and a half a cup of white rice and 2 tall glasses of water.
11pm - Going to take a casein shake before bed.
BigFrank 08:18 PM 06-02-2010
What's a normal day look like.
Mugen910 08:28 PM 06-02-2010
What's a normal day look like.
8ish - Shake in the AM..
10ish - 2 eggs wheat toast no butter and some potatoes
1230ish - 3 strips of breaded chicken fingers or some type of sandwich
330ish - Whey shake with fat free/low fat milk. If avail a hand full of almonds.
7ish - Gym then steaks on the grill or vice versa
10ish - casein for bed.

I just realized typing this out I don't drink very much water...

I believe Frank that we ingest metals in some form or another but it's all in very low dosages. I think green tea helps flush some mercury.
Tripp 09:31 PM 06-02-2010

God Damnit.

Thats a little scary, considering how many scoops I have per day, but I'm really not worried about it. Whatever happens, happens.
PeteSB75 05:35 AM 06-03-2010
8ish - Shake in the AM..
10ish - 2 eggs wheat toast no butter and some potatoes
1230ish - 3 strips of breaded chicken fingers or some type of sandwich
330ish - Whey shake with fat free/low fat milk. If avail a hand full of almonds.
7ish - Gym then steaks on the grill or vice versa
10ish - casein for bed.

I just realized typing this out I don't drink very much water...

I believe Frank that we ingest metals in some form or another but it's all in very low dosages. I think green tea helps flush some mercury.
Wasabi also helps with the mercury iirc.

Bao, how many calories are you consuming on an average day and what's your weight and BMR? I've got to be honest, that looks like a pretty light day, food-wise, and you're completely missing any fruits and vegetables. I prefer to get as much of my protein from food sources, rather than supplements, so chicken, steak, bison, fish, pork, turkey and eggs are all regular parts of my diet. I do a shake in the morning post-workout, but other than that, it's all real food.

My food day yesterday:
5 - gym - aborted, went for an energetic walk instead.
6:15 - smoothie with whey, peanut butter, greek yogurt, flax seed, strawberries, milk
11 - Pear and small piece of cheese (baby bel are great for this)
1 - grilled chicken with onion & peppers, black beans, brown rice, green plaintains
4 - apple and small piece of cheese
7 - scallops, tossed salad with balsamic dressing, tomato & mozzarella salad with oil & vinegar
8:30 - fresh strawberries

When I started on my initial weight-loss spree, I had to start eating more, not less. I realized I wasn't meeting my requirements with good food, so I would eat crap at the end of the day when I was still hungry. I'm at 240 and sit at a desk all day and I have to eat about 2800-3000 calories to maintain, more on lifting/cardio days.

Anyway, this morning was shoulders and back. Hang cleans, press, lat pulldowns and the HS low row. Went heavy but not crazy.
GreekGodX 05:53 AM 06-03-2010
No veggies, fruits or fiber. Why not post a 3 day food diary, then we can get a better idea of your intake. Post fluid intake too.
Mugen910 07:38 AM 06-03-2010
Originally Posted by PeteSB75:

Bao, how many calories are you consuming on an average day and what's your weight and BMR? I've got to be honest, that looks like a pretty light day, food-wise, and you're completely missing any fruits and vegetables. I prefer to get as much of my protein from food sources, rather than supplements, so chicken, steak, bison, fish, pork, turkey and eggs are all regular parts of my diet. I do a shake in the morning post-workout, but other than that, it's all real food.
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
No veggies, fruits or fiber. Why not post a 3 day food diary, then we can get a better idea of your intake. Post fluid intake too.
I don't count calories at all. I am definitely missing fruits and veggies but I've never been much on either one. I don't keep a food diary either and to be honest it's not something I look forward to starting. I don't want weight loss to feel like a job.

So far, shake at 8am, iced coffee from starbucks now and going to grab 2 eggs with wheat toast and potatoes.
Mugen910 11:28 AM 06-03-2010
Shoulders and chest at lunch and then ham/turkey/prosciutto wrap + whey protein.
Page 206 of 350
« First < 106156196204205206 207208216256306 > Last »
Up