Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 205 of 205
« First < 105155195203204205
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>The Bourbon Thread!!
icehog3 03:58 PM 07-03-2024
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller:
Nice find, Tom!
Honestly, James, I was more surprised by the price than by the find. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 08:16 AM 07-04-2024
Got my first bottle of the latest Booker's from Kentucky yesterday (24-02, Beam House Batch). Hoping to crack it this weekend.

Stayed with the Beam/Booker's theme last night with some Little Book 3.

[Reply]
Weelok 11:55 AM 07-04-2024
First time at a local whisky bar. Very nice selection. Definitely go back. Fun to try things I don’t have.

[Reply]
Weelok 11:57 AM 07-04-2024
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Got my first bottle of the latest Booker's from Kentucky yesterday (24-02, Beam House Batch). Hoping to crack it this weekend.

Stayed with the Beam/Booker's theme last night with some Little Book 3.

Oh yeah. Can’t wait to hear your thoughts on the new Bookers.
[Reply]
Beagleone 11:09 PM 07-04-2024
Killed this bottle while smoking with friends.

[Reply]
Weelok 05:33 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Beagleone:
Killed this bottle while smoking with friends.

Good times and a very nice bourbon.
[Reply]
icehog3 08:14 AM Yesterday
Some really nice pours, Dave! Curious to your thoughts on the Barrell New Year (I like it)
:-) and Booker's 23-02 Apprentice Batch (my least favorite Booker's ever).:-)
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 01:26 PM Yesterday
I was out and around and hit a couple of my usual spots. I was looking for some EC single barrel but couldn't find any. But I came home with a Penelope Barrel Strength, Ezra Brooks Cask Strength, Rebel Cask Strength, MM Cask Strength, and Russell's 10 Year.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 06:07 PM Yesterday
Nice haul James. :-)

Revisited my JDSBBP bottles (regular and rye) this afternoon while watching soccer. Man I love both of them. But that rye, wow.
[Reply]
Weelok 01:13 AM Today
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Some really nice pours, Dave! Curious to your thoughts on the Barrell New Year (I like it)
:-) and Booker's 23-02 Apprentice Batch (my least favorite Booker's ever).:-)
I’m with you on Apprentices Batch. It had more heat and less flavor than it should have had in my opinion. It lacked the sweetness I would have preferred to balance the heat. Seems out of balance on the blend. This batch probably needs a bit of ice and if I try it again, it will be over ice.

The Barrell New Year was definitely a star along with the Basil Hayden.

I am becoming a big fan of Barrell.
[Reply]
icehog3 09:31 AM Today
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller:
I was out and around and hit a couple of my usual spots. I was looking for some EC single barrel but couldn't find any. But I came home with a Penelope Barrel Strength, Ezra Brooks Cask Strength, Rebel Cask Strength, MM Cask Strength, and Russell's 10 Year.
Some solid picks there, James!

Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
Nice haul James. :-)

Revisited my JDSBBP bottles (regular and rye) this afternoon while watching soccer. Man I love both of them. But that rye, wow.
I've got a new JDSBBP pick coming in today, absolutely love this stuff, Bob.

Originally Posted by Weelok:
I’m with you on Apprentices Batch. It had more heat and less flavor than it should have had in my opinion. It lacked the sweetness I would have preferred to balance the heat. Seems out of balance on the blend. This batch probably needs a bit of ice and if I try it again, it will be over ice.

The Barrell New Year was definitely a star along with the Basil Hayden.

I am becoming a big fan of Barrell.
Yeah Dave, that Apprentice was pure pepper, Heat without flavor.

But those Barrell blends. Lotsa great stuff for sure.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 02:26 PM Today
Siri, remind me to never offer Dave or Tom a pour of the Apprentice Batch should either end up in SEMI. Definitely remind me to hide my backup bottle. :-)
[Reply]
Weelok 03:47 PM Today
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
Siri, remind me to never offer Dave or Tom a pour of the Apprentice Batch should either end up in SEMI. Definitely remind me to hide my backup bottle. :-)
Hahahaha well, I will bring my Little Book Ch 7 and your backup 24-02 and we will drink too much until they all taste the same LOL!
[Reply]
Page 205 of 205
« First < 105155195203204205
Up