Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 204 of 350
« First < 104154194202203204 205206214254304 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
BigFrank 06:50 PM 05-26-2010
Just put hot sauce on everything.
Mugen910 06:54 PM 05-26-2010
Frank's hot sauce....I put the shiet on everything :-)

Dinnah was half a bbq steak and 1.5 pieces of turkey sausage. Oh yeah a half serving of white rice. Then 2-3hrs later was Pho (noodles and flank steak slices.)

Triceps - skull crushers, kickbacks, something with 1 db and two hands behind my head, cable pull downs with straight bar.

Abs - cable pulls left/right, cable rope crunches, something with weights in each hand leaning side to side.
Posted via Mobile Device
BigFrank 08:11 PM 05-26-2010
Try Srirachi (sp?) some good shat there...

Light workout
bench 225x5,5,5
OverHead Press 135x10,10,10
Inclines 185x10,10,10
Dips BWx10,10,10
Kaz Presses 35'sx10,10,10

Taking my time getting back into working out. Felt kinda stupid going light, but I'm not really in the mood to rush it plus I'm running on low calorie.
Tomorrow is cheat day. I'll post back what I stuff down my face.
PeteSB75 06:48 AM 05-27-2010
Franks is good, but I like to mix it up. I've been really enjoying Blair's Q Heat Jalapeno Tequila - amazing, not too hot but very tangy. Also Blair's Q Heat Chipotle Slam, and an orange habanero sauce from the Angry Pepper that causes me substantial discomfort if I eat too much of it. I don't see it listed on their website, the store is only about 20 min drive from me, so I usually just go there and get it. :-) :-)

Shoulders and back for me this morning. Hang cleans, press, lat pulldowns and HS low rows. Good stuff.

Frank, what's a Kaz Press?
Mugen910 07:04 AM 05-27-2010
Originally Posted by PeteSB75:
Franks is good, but I like to mix it up. I've been really enjoying Blair's Q Heat Jalapeno Tequila - amazing, not too hot but very tangy. Also Blair's Q Heat Chipotle Slam, and an orange habanero sauce from the Angry Pepper that causes me substantial discomfort if I eat too much of it. I don't see it listed on their website, the store is only about 20 min drive from me, so I usually just go there and get it. :-) :-)

Shoulders and back for me this morning. Hang cleans, press, lat pulldowns and HS low rows. Good stuff.

Frank, what's a Kaz Press?

I was messing around about the Frank's Hot Sauce...I prefer sriracha mixed with a dash of soy sauce as my dipping preference. :-)

Yes...what is a Kaz Press?
GreekGodX 07:18 AM 05-27-2010
Substitute White rice for Brown or do Quinoa for sure. Then again Bao is of some asian decent so substituting white rice maybe very difficult. In a cup of rice there is only 37g of carbs, how many carbs do you get from rice in a day, Bao? The issue is satiety. I recommend eating the rice with something protein rich so you aren't craving more food after the rice.

No lifting for me today or tomorrow :-)
Mugen910 07:21 AM 05-27-2010
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
Substitute White rice for Brown or do Quinoa for sure. Then again Bao is of some asian decent so substituting white rice maybe very difficult. In a cup of rice there is only 37g of carbs, how many carbs do you get from rice in a day, Bao? The issue is satiety. I recommend eating the rice with something protein rich so you aren't craving more food after the rice.

No lifting for me today or tomorrow :-)
Honestly I've been good and the last few weeks I've cut down to about a cup or less a day.
GreekGodX 07:41 AM 05-27-2010
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
Honestly I've been good and the last few weeks I've cut down to about a cup or less a day.
That's good. What is your overall goal, weightloss?

I'm trying to get involved in some local bodybuilding nutrion. My degree is in nutrition but sports nutrition (especially bb) is a little bit of a different beast. We'll see how it goes..
Mugen910 08:07 AM 05-27-2010
That's good. What is your overall goal, weightloss?

I'm trying to get involved in some local bodybuilding nutrion. My degree is in nutrition but sports nutrition (especially bb) is a little bit of a different beast. We'll see how it goes..
I'm currently 200lbs... with a very sexy spare tire. I'd like to get back to about 160 as I felt I didn't look too skinny or too fat. Cardio will prob be my key to unlocking that door but I'm only on week 11-12 post ACL surgery so running is a no-no. Jogging is a no-no and biking/elliptical is limited to low intensity and 15min max. In all honesty, I don't mind much were I am at but would like little to no gut.
GreekGodX 08:46 AM 05-27-2010
I'm currently 200lbs... with a very sexy spare tire. I'd like to get back to about 160 as I felt I didn't look too skinny or too fat. Cardio will prob be my key to unlocking that door but I'm only on week 11-12 post ACL surgery so running is a no-no. Jogging is a no-no and biking/elliptical is limited to low intensity and 15min max. In all honesty, I don't mind much were I am at but would like little to no gut.
Personally I disagree with cardio being the "key" to fat loss. Something that I would concentrate on if I was trying to lose weight/fat would be muscle time under tension. Doing circuits or lifts with complex movements would be something I'd concentrate on. IMO doing that is way more fun than doing pure cardio.
Mugen910 08:53 AM 05-27-2010
Personally I disagree with cardio being the "key" to fat loss. Something that I would concentrate on if I was trying to lose weight/fat would be muscle time under tension. Doing circuits or lifts with complex movements would be something I'd concentrate on. IMO doing that is way more fun than doing pure cardio.
Gunna havfta give this old guy specifics brother...muscle time under tension? complex movements? I get the jist but it's always nice to see examples.
PeteSB75 12:28 PM 05-27-2010
I think Christos is talking about complexes, where you pick up a bar and do 7 or 10 different exercises, with no rest between before you put it down. Kinda like a SUPER superset. Personally, I'm lazy, so I just go to spin class, stop drinking and improve my diet.
Mugen910 12:31 PM 05-27-2010
I think Christos is talking about complexes, where you pick up a bar and do 7 or 10 different exercises, with no rest between before you put it down. Kinda like a SUPER superset. Personally, I'm lazy, so I just go to spin class, stop drinking and improve my diet.
Everyone says diet is the biggest part...personally I find it also the hardest. :-)
PeteSB75 12:37 PM 05-27-2010
Everyone says diet is the biggest part...personally I find it also the hardest. :-)
It's terrible, but I have found the biggest pickup in just completely stopping alcohol consumption. I quit drinking beer about 2 1/2 years ago and switched to just white liqours, so vodka or scotch mostly. I cut that out when I want to drop. Also try carb cycling. http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_a..._cycling_codex - of course that will mean losing the rice some days... :-)
BigFrank 01:58 PM 05-27-2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ39Me6MDTQ

kaz press with a barbell. I do them with dumbbells and a neutral grip.

I drink a lot of Guinness while dieting, it's actually rather low calorie and carb hahahaha.
Mugen910 02:50 PM 05-27-2010
It's terrible, but I have found the biggest pickup in just completely stopping alcohol consumption. I quit drinking beer about 2 1/2 years ago and switched to just white liqours, so vodka or scotch mostly. I cut that out when I want to drop. Also try carb cycling. http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_a..._cycling_codex - of course that will mean losing the rice some days... :-)
I don't have a thing for beer or alcohol to be honest..if I drink it's usually a coke and rum. Even that is at most 1x a month.

Originally Posted by BigFrank:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ39Me6MDTQ

kaz press with a barbell. I do them with dumbbells and a neutral grip.

I drink a lot of Guinness while dieting, it's actually rather low calorie and carb hahahaha.
Frank is that more chest or triceps?

I don't know how you guys can do Guinness. That stuff is so damn thick.
BigFrank 02:57 PM 05-27-2010
Triceps. I like the dumbbells because I hold them perpendicular to the ground while laying on a bench. Think of it like a skull crusher done with dumbbells and a hammer curl grip. So really its not even a kaz press. But I was shown it to be a variation of the movement. I get a nice stretch on my triceps, and if done heavy enough has carry over to bench.
Mugen910 07:49 PM 05-27-2010
Biceps - preacher curls on the decline bench, hammer curls, 21's (my gawd they are hard)
Shoulders - standing shoulder press, raises to the front and sides.
Abs - leg lifts, plank, and some silly machine where I push a bar forward while sitting.

Just refueling with cookies and cream whey protein :-)
icehog3 07:58 PM 05-27-2010
Gonna try to blow out the crud by playing in my first hockey game since my surgery. I will let yens know how it went late night. :-)
Mugen910 08:54 PM 05-27-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Gonna try to blow out the crud by playing in my first hockey game since my surgery. I will let yens know how it went late night. :-)
:-)

Have fun Tom!!
Page 204 of 350
« First < 104154194202203204 205206214254304 > Last »
Up