Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 204 of 204
« First < 104154194202203204
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>The Bourbon Thread!!
Weelok 04:24 PM 06-21-2024
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller:
Went by my local AFB to see if they had anything interesting. They got a bunch of Still Austin stuff in for the first time, so I grabbed another bottle of the Cask Strength. They also had KC9 Single Barrel Reserve on sale, so I grabbed one of those along with a Larceny Barrel Proof. And they had WT101 1.75L for $32 and you know I'm not passing that up. :-)
Good for a week. Nice pick ups!
[Reply]
Weelok 09:17 PM 06-29-2024

That one on left is a Barrel Select. Nor Cal. Trip to Fremont.
[Reply]
icehog3 08:15 AM Yesterday
Nice pickups, Dave!
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 04:30 PM Yesterday
Was at a friends house for a summer pool party. When I left, decided to do some bourbon hunting before the stores closed. First store had a few bottles of MM 2021 wood finishing series. Whoa! Then I saw the price, $149. No thanks.

Next store had a few bottles that piqued my interest. Murray Hill Club Special Release ($200), but that’s out of my price range. Did snag the Bookers 2024-02 though. :-)
[Reply]
Weelok 08:11 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
Did snag the Bookers 2024-02 though. :-)
Oh nice!!!! First I’ve heard of it being out. Let us know your thoughts :-)
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 06:16 AM Today
Originally Posted by Weelok:
Oh nice!!!! First I’ve heard of it being out. Let us know your thoughts :-)
Surprised me too. I was told Michigan wouldn’t see Bookers until sometime in June due to a distributor change. So when the shop owner mentioned Bookers, I was expecting the 2024-01.

As for this batch. I really like it. Had two pours. Very much regular Bookers profile, but there’s a sweetness there on both the nose and palate. The finish lasted a long time too. I was trying to take notes on the second pour, but at times I get tunnel vision. I kept picking up a notes that reminded me of a Hersheys bar, and kept focusing on that. So I said screw it and just drank it. :-)
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 10:52 AM Today
Phone goes off this morning. Group text from the local B&M. ER10 store pick is in. Limit two. Yes please! Went by to pick them up and asked about Bookers and MI distribution. He’s like, I think I have some, want one? Bank account says no, but when do I listen to that?

Also saw this back out on display. Was able to grab it for a decent price.

[Reply]
Weelok 11:00 AM Today
Surprised me too. I was told Michigan wouldn’t see Bookers until sometime in June due to a distributor change. So when the shop owner mentioned Bookers, I was expecting the 2024-01.

As for this batch. I really like it. Had two pours. Very much regular Bookers profile, but there’s a sweetness there on both the nose and palate. The finish lasted a long time too. I was trying to take notes on the second pour, but at times I get tunnel vision. I kept picking up a notes that reminded me of a Hersheys bar, and kept focusing on that. So I said screw it and just drank it. :-)
Sounds excellent. There comes a time where you just like it and it’s time to sit back and enjoy. I’m looking forward to trying this batch!
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 11:07 AM Today
Originally Posted by Weelok:
Sounds excellent. There comes a time where you just like it and it’s time to sit back and enjoy. I’m looking forward to trying this batch!
I think you’ll like it. As you see from my post today, I bought a backup bottle.
[Reply]
Weelok 12:13 PM Today
I think you’ll like it. As you see from my post today, I bought a backup bottle.
Back up bottles are a good sign LOL. I will be looking at preemptive bottle purchases myself hah. Find a good enough price, get three bottles :-)
[Reply]
Weelok 12:14 PM Today
[quote=Chainsaw13;2256567]Phone goes off this morning. Group text from the local B&M. ER10 store pick is in. Limit two. Yes please! Went by to pick them up and asked about Bookers and MI distribution. He’s like, I think I have some, want one? Bank account says no, but when do I listen to that?

Also saw this back out on display. Was able to grab it for a decent price.

So nice. Now you can do all of your vices at once! Drink, smoke, golf.
[Reply]
Page 204 of 204
« First < 104154194202203204
Up