Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 203 of 203
« First < 103153193201202203
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>The Bourbon Thread!!
icehog3 07:26 AM 06-15-2024
Good connection to have, Bob. I too have been getting most of my stuff from a single store, and its paid dividends there too.

I have a couple old Booker's enroute, one is Kentucky Chew so I decided to open one on hand. Definitely one of my favorite batches.

[Reply]
Weelok 05:47 PM 06-15-2024
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Good connection to have, Bob. I too have been getting most of my stuff from a single store, and its paid dividends there too.

I have a couple old Booker's enroute, one is Kentucky Chew so I decided to open one on hand. Definitely one of my favorite batches.

Whoo that’s a nice find. How did you manage that? Friends in high places? Or is it ..

[Reply]
icehog3 08:15 AM 06-16-2024
Originally Posted by Weelok:
Whoo that’s a nice find. How did you manage that? Friends in high places? Or is it ..

A little of both, Dave? Or FB bourbon groups, one of those.... :-)
[Reply]
Weelok 10:07 PM 06-16-2024
Father’s Day with my brothers and Dad.

Bourbons du jour.

[Reply]
Adriftpanda 03:10 AM 06-17-2024
Some old dusty WT Donut my good friend and I polished off.
[Reply]
stearns 12:25 PM 06-17-2024
A friend sent me a sample of the Four Roses father's day release, 16yr 137 proof OESV single barrel. Loads of oak, a nice spearmint behind it, sweet but the right amount of oak which I'm always looking for more in a 4R. Easily the best 4R single barrel I've tried, maybe not life changing but I'd drink the sh*t out of it if I could get them at $200
[Reply]
icehog3 01:27 PM 06-17-2024
Originally Posted by stearns:
A friend sent me a sample of the Four Roses father's day release, 16yr 137 proof OESV single barrel. Loads of oak, a nice spearmint behind it, sweet but the right amount of oak which I'm always looking for more in a 4R. Easily the best 4R single barrel I've tried, maybe not life changing but I'd drink the sh*t out of it if I could get them at $200
Sounds like a great barrel, Ben. :-)

Did you have any of the Al Young 4R that Hugh brought to Shack years back?
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 02:10 PM 06-18-2024
My BIL won a bottle of EHT SB at his 40th HS reunion over the weekend. He's going to wait to open it until October when Steph and I visit for our niece's Police Academy graduation.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 05:41 AM 06-19-2024
Sounds like your bill is a keeper, James. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 08:04 AM 06-19-2024
Congrats all around, James! :-)
[Reply]
stearns 08:35 AM 06-19-2024
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Sounds like a great barrel, Ben. :-)

Did you have any of the Al Young 4R that Hugh brought to Shack years back?
I don't think I was there that year but I've had a chance to try AY before, that and a few other LE's are much more rounded, complex, interesting than this 16yr pick but they're all blends of older stuff so I'm not surprised
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 11:26 AM Yesterday
Got the call yesterday the bottle drop was this morning. Reserved my two and picked them up. One for me, one for a friend.

[Reply]
Weelok 12:22 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
Got the call yesterday the bottle drop was this morning. Reserved my two and picked them up. One for me, one for a friend.

Nice. Good to be in the know :-) that is a killer deal. Haven’t tried the Single Barrel but love the small batch.
[Reply]
icehog3 01:15 PM Yesterday
Great pickup, Bob, I hope it's a honey barrel. :-)

One of my favorite batches last night watching TUF.

[Reply]
Chainsaw13 03:17 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Weelok:
Nice. Good to be in the know :-) that is a killer deal. Haven’t tried the Single Barrel but love the small batch.
Yea, all my buying is finally paying off. :-) The owner setup a WhatsApp group for his regular bourbon customers to let us know about things early or if he got HTF stuff in. This pick was going out on the floor, but we got the ability to reserve bottles first.

Now gotta figure out when to crack it open.
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 10:08 AM Today
Went by my local AFB to see if they had anything interesting. They got a bunch of Still Austin stuff in for the first time, so I grabbed another bottle of the Cask Strength. They also had KC9 Single Barrel Reserve on sale, so I grabbed one of those along with a Larceny Barrel Proof. And they had WT101 1.75L for $32 and you know I'm not passing that up. :-)
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 11:20 AM Today
Sounds like a productive trip, James. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 12:06 PM Today
Indeed! :-)
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 02:22 PM Today
Yeah, I'm set for the next couple of days. :-)
[Reply]
Page 203 of 203
« First < 103153193201202203
Up