Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 201 of 351
« First < 101151191199200201 202203211251301 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>What beers are you enjoying?
Jbailey 06:43 PM 11-11-2010
Homebrew double IPA and Ale Asylum Satisfaction Jackson
Resipsa 06:48 PM 11-11-2010
Brooklyn black ops
Wanger 07:18 PM 11-11-2010
Right now, drinking a Galloway porter from Epic Brewing co. at Piper Down in SLC as I smoke an Opus robust (bombed to me by Chingas). A nice combo. :-)
kaisersozei 07:31 PM 11-11-2010
2010 SN Celebration Ale! :-) :-)
BlackDog 07:37 PM 11-11-2010
I'm drinking RR Blind Pig.
b0rderman 10:31 PM 11-11-2010
Originally Posted by Resipsa:
Brooklyn black ops
Nice!
ODLS1 10:38 PM 11-11-2010
Yea it's about that time. Hopefully we can score another case here. I have 2 of last years in the cellar. I love that beer even fresh. I don't mind when big beers are hot or boozy. I drink plenty of bourbon, so maybe that has to do with it, but people always complain about beers being hot.

I am enjoying a Pauwel Kwak finally for the first time. Not the best Belgian, but still very nice and enjoyable. I'd buy it again.
icehog3 12:36 AM 11-12-2010
My contact at Binnys told me that Goose Island Bourbon County Vanilla will either be released on November 18th, or if not, not until December 2nd because of Thanksgiving...hoping for this coming Thursday!
ODLS1 12:41 AM 11-12-2010
Yea I am waiting on our distributor to get it. Hopefully soon. I had to special request the Coffee, which was awesome. Can't wait for the Vanilla. We better get a case!
icehog3 12:49 AM 11-12-2010
Originally Posted by ODLS1:
Yea I am waiting on our distributor to get it. Hopefully soon. I had to special request the Coffee, which was awesome. Can't wait for the Vanilla. We better get a case!
I have heard some of the stores near here are putting up a 3 growler limit...but I am hoping to get (way) around this with my connection.
St. Lou Stu 07:35 AM 11-12-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I have heard some of the stores near here are putting up a 3 growler limit...but I am hoping to get (way) around this with my connection.
A little more inside info from GI on the Vanilla.
This was posted by the brewmaster on BA:

11/26 - Rare Bourbon County Preview on Black Friday at Goose Island Clybourn
Please don't get confused there will be no bottles on sale at the pub this
day, this is not a beer release! We'll be sending just a few
1/6 barrels to the Clybourn pub for Black Friday. Come on in, buy a beer and
avoid shopping and leftovers. There won't be a lot of it and when it's gone
its gone. Hope you get to join us. Event details at the link below.
http://www.gooseisland.com/pages/e ... php?id=817
Expect to see bottles of Rare in retail shortly after Thanksgiving day.

I have spoken with our GI rep down here and she said that bottling will be going on while that event is happening. So, I would imagine that the first week or so in December would be the actual arrival date of vanilla.
Jbailey 07:40 AM 11-12-2010
Originally Posted by St. Lou Stu:
A little more inside info from GI on the Vanilla.
This was posted by the brewmaster on BA:

11/26 - Rare Bourbon County Preview on Black Friday at Goose Island Clybourn
Please don't get confused there will be no bottles on sale at the pub this
day, this is not a beer release! We'll be sending just a few
1/6 barrels to the Clybourn pub for Black Friday. Come on in, buy a beer and
avoid shopping and leftovers. There won't be a lot of it and when it's gone
its gone. Hope you get to join us. Event details at the link below.
http://www.gooseisland.com/pages/e ... php?id=817
Expect to see bottles of Rare in retail shortly after Thanksgiving day.

I have spoken with our GI rep down here and she said that bottling will be going on while that event is happening. So, I would imagine that the first week or so in December would be the actual arrival date of vanilla.
I talked to one shop and was informed they weren't getting any of the first shipment of Vanilla but will get some in March. :-)
Must be two batches?
St. Lou Stu 07:48 AM 11-12-2010
Originally Posted by Jbailey:
I talked to one shop and was informed they weren't getting any of the first shipment of Vanilla but will get some in March. :-)
Must be two batches?
Yeah. GI has shown favoritism towards their 'better' accounts. You can't really blame them though.
Our rep down here mentioned two batches that were brewed. But I thought she said they were done at or near the same time. She also said that the barrel aging took longer than anticipated.

The Vanilla I had a couple months back must have been from a pilot batch.
Trust me. It is worth the wait.

EDIT**
I'm a jackass. Tom was talking about regular vanilla. I went on on a tangent about Rare.

Carry on.
Seacrest Out.
Resipsa 08:05 AM 11-12-2010
My contact at Binnys told me that Goose Island Bourbon County Vanilla will either be released on November 18th, or if not, not until December 2nd because of Thanksgiving...hoping for this coming Thursday!
Woooohooooooo!!!!
ODLS1 09:32 AM 11-12-2010
So what is the "Rare" BCS? Is that the BCS in Pappy barrels?
Jbailey 09:38 AM 11-12-2010
Originally Posted by ODLS1:
So what is the "Rare" BCS? Is that the BCS in Pappy barrels?
Correct. 23 year old pappy barrels.
icehog3 10:23 AM 11-12-2010
Originally Posted by Jbailey:
Correct. 23 year old pappy barrels.
I remember as a kid sitting on Pappy Barrels' lap, hearing stories of that crafty ole Brer Rabbit.
b0rderman 10:31 AM 11-12-2010
looks like CO is getting snubbed on all GI big beers this year, thought we had a chance with BCS but apparently it isn't making the trip either :-)
Resipsa 11:23 AM 11-12-2010
Originally Posted by b0rderman:
looks like CO is getting snubbed on all GI big beers this year, thought we had a chance with BCS but apparently it isn't making the trip either :-)
BCS production seems to be down according to one of
My local contacts. The distributor here got 7 cases of 2010 BCS to cover 20 counties. I took a case off their hands,'so
We'll call it 6 cases, :-)
Resipsa 11:29 AM 11-12-2010
I remember as a kid sitting on Pappy Barrels' lap, hearing stories of that crafty ole Beer Rabbit.
Corrected it for you. That was one wascally wabbit getting close
To pappy like that
Page 201 of 351
« First < 101151191199200201 202203211251301 > Last »
Up