Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 20 of 351
« First < 10181920 21223070120 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>What beers are you enjoying?
kaisersozei 06:33 AM 03-17-2009
I'd like to get my hands on some of this to try, unfortunately it's only available in Hawaii & California--from my "365 Bottles of Beer for the Year" calendar:

Maui Brewing Coconut Porter
Maui Brewing Company, Maui, HI

If you love coconut and chocolate you'll love this. Blend of cocoa/chocolate malt and toasted coconut. Near 7% alcohol adds an almost liqueur twist to this smooth and drinkable experience. Hops are accented at very cold temperatures. Malt and coconut accented at temperatures above 50ºF—which is recommended serving temperature. Spicy Thai coconut red curry with this coconut-enhanced porter is a marriage made in beer heaven. Gold medal award winner in the Herb & Spice category at the 2006 World Beer Cup. (Note: Maui Brewing Company doesn’t use flavorings for their coconut porter—real coconut is added to every batch.)

Sounds weird, but very interesting!
leasingthisspace 06:37 AM 03-17-2009
Originally Posted by kaisersozei:
I'd like to get my hands on some of this to try, unfortunately it's only available in Hawaii & California--from my "365 Bottles of Beer for the Year" calendar:

Maui Brewing Coconut Porter
Maui Brewing Company, Maui, HI

If you love coconut and chocolate you'll love this. Blend of cocoa/chocolate malt and toasted coconut. Near 7% alcohol adds an almost liqueur twist to this smooth and drinkable experience. Hops are accented at very cold temperatures. Malt and coconut accented at temperatures above 50ºF—which is recommended serving temperature. Spicy Thai coconut red curry with this coconut-enhanced porter is a marriage made in beer heaven. Gold medal award winner in the Herb & Spice category at the 2006 World Beer Cup. (Note: Maui Brewing Company doesn’t use flavorings for their coconut porter—real coconut is added to every batch.)

Sounds weird, but very interesting!
I saw this when I went to the Stone Brewery and wanted to try some but there were just so many Stone brews that I didn't get around to it. It does sound like something one would want to try.
leasingthisspace 08:30 AM 03-20-2009
Last night had a B-word (female dog) Creek. I liked it alot. I think it is from Idaho. I need to look into this company and find some more of this stuff.
Mr.Maduro 08:48 AM 03-20-2009
Polished off this bottle two nights ago....

Pretty good, but a little too expensive.
Hot Stuff x 09:01 AM 03-20-2009
No micro-brews here in Korea, (not bottled, anyway), but I enjoyed finishing off a six pack of Newcastle Brown Ale. Pretty tasty.
leasingthisspace 09:19 AM 03-20-2009
Originally Posted by Hot Stuff x:
No micro-brews here in Korea, (not bottled, anyway), but I enjoyed finishing off a six pack of Newcastle Brown Ale. Pretty tasty.

Have you ever had CaFri (not sure on spelling) only place I ever had it was Korea. Good mild beer. Goes great with kimci fried rice.
Skywalker 09:56 PM 03-20-2009
Just picked up (and enjoying) the Sierra Nevada Pale Bock!!! Yum!!!:-):-)
Mr.Maduro 07:03 AM 03-24-2009
Had this one last night. Very similar to Hoegarden but with less clove on the finish.

wshan 08:08 PM 03-25-2009
Really liked a brazilian beer Kip at Highland Cigars recommended. I think it's called Xingu. Great stuff, unlike any beer I've tasted.
rMcSmokesAlot 08:29 PM 03-25-2009
Just finished my first bottle of Kentucky breakfast stout, def a fan of the founders lately!
BeerAdvocate 08:44 PM 03-25-2009
Originally Posted by rMcSmokesAlot:
Just finished my first bottle of Kentucky breakfast stout, def a fan of the founders lately!
Lucky you to be able to get this! I would love to try it one day.
Congrats!!!
mastershogun 09:01 PM 03-25-2009
Originally Posted by BeerAdvocate:
Lucky you to be able to get this! I would love to try it one day.
Congrats!!!
i agree... very good beer... is it not readily available everywhere? had no idea
cort 11:28 PM 03-25-2009
Hofbrau Original

I love this beer. This is what beer should taste like.:-)
Drat 07:37 AM 03-26-2009
Drat's Honilla Old Oak Ale

Never heard of it? Well, that's because it's my latest homebrew mutant. 12% abv and the most complex flavor profile I've done yet. Honey, vanilla, cinnamon, oak, and nearly as black as my soul...

I should have a contest up soon for sending one of these out. It was a limited release (just under 4 gallons) so I can't spare too many...
icantbejon 07:52 AM 03-26-2009
Had some Rogue Collaboration from Capital Ale House. It was really tasty, very crisp and refreshing.
Skywalker 09:15 AM 03-26-2009
Originally Posted by Drat:

Never heard of it? Well, that's because it's my latest homebrew mutant. 12% abv and the most complex flavor profile I've done yet. Honey, vanilla, cinnamon, oak, and nearly as black as my soul...

I should have a contest up soon for sending one of these out. It was a limited release (just under 4 gallons) so I can't spare too many...
That sounds delicious!!!:-)
BeerAdvocate 01:00 PM 03-26-2009
Originally Posted by Drat:

Sounds wonderful. I cant wait for the contest. I envy you homebrew guys.
I have always wanted to do it but now I am married with two kids and could never have the time to devote to it. Keep brewing....!!!
Drat 01:20 PM 03-26-2009
Originally Posted by BeerAdvocate:
Sounds wonderful. I cant wait for the contest. I envy you homebrew guys.
I have always wanted to do it but now I am married with two kids and could never have the time to devote to it. Keep brewing....!!!
Ha, it's because I'm married with 2 kids that I homebrew!

Oh yeah, the contest is up!
BeerAdvocate 03:02 PM 03-27-2009
I just drank my 1st bottle of Boulevard Saison w/ Brett. Loved it. It moved into my Top 10 beers of all time. I wish it wasnt so limited!
Drat 06:38 PM 03-27-2009
Sierra Nevada Torpedo Extra IPA

Delicious!
Page 20 of 351
« First < 10181920 21223070120 > Last »
Up