Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 20 of 45
« First < 10181920 212230 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>stirring the pot local B&M vs big internet
Starscream 04:41 PM 03-05-2009
Is this the new Masshole banter thread now?:-)
pnoon 04:46 PM 03-05-2009
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
Is this the new Masshole banter thread now?:-)
No.
Legend 04:48 PM 03-05-2009
Dunno I think the length of this thread theatens those who don't agree. They feel, for some reason, that its length gives credence to its topic, which it doesn't, and for some reason can't handle something they don't believe being perceived as true by someone else. (who cares). So they put down and mock and try to get it moved? Why? It definitely has to do with cigars.

Let people think what they may and have a discussion about it.
Starscream 04:50 PM 03-05-2009
Originally Posted by Legend:
It definitely has to do with cigars. .
:-)
NCRadioMan 04:53 PM 03-05-2009
It definitely has to do with cigars.
Not really. It has more to do with one's own perception.
thebiglebowski 04:53 PM 03-05-2009
speaking of golfers, i don't really much care for that camilo vilegas (sp). he's a mimbo - my prediction; will be the male golf version of that female tennis chick. what'shername? y'know.

ah, f*** it dude, let's go bowlin'...
G G 05:32 PM 03-05-2009
Dunno I think the length of this thread theatens those who don't agree. They feel, for some reason, that its length gives credence to its topic, which it doesn't, and for some reason can't handle something they don't believe being perceived as true by someone else. (who cares). So they put down and mock and try to get it moved? Why? It definitely has to do with cigars.

No threat to me. I call :-)

You can believe anything you choose to my friend, but that don't make it so. And I think most of us are mature enough to realize that we may not always be right either.:-)
Yazzie 05:56 PM 03-05-2009
Dunno I think the length of this thread theatens those who don't agree.
Hey Legend, it's not always about Length.....:-):-):-)
SeanGAR 06:13 PM 03-05-2009
So ... who else wants to talk about their alien abduction and implant experiences?

It was in 1973.

I was driving down a desloate stretch of highway heading from Antigonish to Louisbourg ... between Louisdale and St. Peters... it must have been 4 or 5 AM .... when I was startled by a bright light that appeared to be hovering directly over my car.

Yazzie 06:18 PM 03-05-2009
Originally Posted by SeanGAR:
So ... who else wants to talk about their alien abduction and implant experiences?

It was in 1973.

I was driving down a desloate stretch of highway heading from Antigonish to Louisbourg ... between Louisdale and St. Peters... it must have been 4 or 5 AM .... when I was startled by a bright light that appeared to be hovering directly over my car.

Were they local or internet Aliens?
icehog3 06:26 PM 03-05-2009
This thread is in serious trouble of being moved to the Banter Forum.

Lots of places to banter besides here. :-)
Whee 07:10 PM 03-05-2009
Here,Tom...it's the anti-itch formula.:-)
Legend 07:43 PM 03-05-2009
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
Not really. It has more to do with one's own perception.
Of cigars!

And oh heck I've already admitted I might be wrong on this. But the people wanting to ban/move and starting banter just mock and don't even entertain the possibility.

I've acknowledged both sides. Given my reasons why I chose the side I do and why I don't agree with the other side. But still acknowledged that neither side is provable and both sides are plausible.
JaKaacH 08:04 PM 03-05-2009
I didn't start it
Col. Kurtz 08:37 PM 03-05-2009

Threatened? Not really, more like a train wreck you can't look away from. I tried, but alas my human failings.

I think this one has been sufficiently de-bunked.

Maybe he can write the Mythbusters and give them a show idea...
gnukfu 03:51 AM 03-06-2009
It's hard to differentiate between my contributory posts and banter....
md4958 06:59 AM 03-06-2009
But the people wanting to ban/move and starting banter just mock and don't even entertain the possibility. .
This thread was a mockery long before the banter started. In my opinion, from the original post.

It is my opinion that this thread was started just to irritate people and make waves, and I find that offensive. If you wanna create drama, Cigar Asylum isn't the place to do it. You might have luck at another forum.

It is also my opinion that if the OP doesn't like the feedback he is receiving from other members, that he should think twice before posting threads that he knows will create waves.

But these are only my opinions. And you know what they say... opinions are like buttholes, everybody's got one, and they all stink.
Legend 07:43 AM 03-06-2009
Originally Posted by md4958:
This thread was a mockery long before the banter started. In my opinion, from the original post.

It is my opinion that this thread was started just to irritate people and make waves, and I find that offensive. If you wanna create drama, Cigar Asylum isn't the place to do it. You might have luck at another forum.

It is also my opinion that if the OP doesn't like the feedback he is receiving from other members, that he should think twice before posting threads that he knows will create waves.

But these are only my opinions. And you know what they say... opinions are like buttholes, everybody's got one, and they all stink.
You're right in a small way. The thread was intended to stir the pot not make wave. Much smaller. And I tried to make it a discussion. Back and forth accepting others opinions and giving mine. But the only issues came when those who didn't want to discuss. Just mock and believe that only they could be right.

So no I was not picking a fight, but trying to spark a good debate on a commonly discussed cigar topic. At least at my lounge its common. The spirit of it was not to fight but to discuss.
SeanGAR 08:05 AM 03-06-2009
But the only issues came when those who didn't want to discuss. Just mock and believe that only they could be right.
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem
rizzle 08:23 AM 03-06-2009
Originally Posted by gnukfu:
It's hard to differentiate between my contributory posts and banter....
Sadly, I feel the same about mine.
:-)
Page 20 of 45
« First < 10181920 212230 > Last »
Up