Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 20 of 352
« First < 10181920 21223070120 > Last »
General Discussion>First Firearm Thread.
Catfish 05:15 PM 02-24-2009
Originally Posted by gpugliese:
I received my LTC in the mail today...

I assume you mean your CCW permit?
floydpink 05:32 PM 02-24-2009
License to Carry I believe he means.

Did you do the electric fingerprints at a police station? If so, that's why it went faster.....
smokeyandthebandit05 06:14 PM 02-24-2009
Originally Posted by floydpink:
I was searching and searching for Speer Gold Dot short barrel and ammunitiontogo was the only place I found it. They sent me a confirmation that also said it will be up to 9 days before they even ship it due to the extremely high sales volume.

Ammunition To Go
------------------------------------------------------
Order Number: 97258
Detailed Invoice: https://www.ammunitiontogo.com/catal...order_id=97258
Date Ordered: Monday 23 February, 2009

The comments for your order are

Thank you for your order. Due to an extremely high number of orders, your product will be shipped out within 9 - 12 working business days.

I had my order all ready to go at ammunitiontogo.com but I went back today to check out and I kinda got screwed over and thats when I searched for ammo prices. I hope the same thing doesnt happen when I go to check out at outdoormarksman.com
smokeyandthebandit05 06:21 PM 02-24-2009
hey floyd

http://east.outdoormarksman.com/adva..._description=1

Im not sure if its any help but they have speer gold dot
floydpink 06:36 PM 02-24-2009
Originally Posted by smokeyandthebandit05:
hey floyd

http://east.outdoormarksman.com/adva..._description=1

Im not sure if its any help but they have speer gold dot

Thanks brother, I appreciate it, but just ordered 20 and that should hold me over.

I am still trying to decide whether or not to get the Crimson Trace grips and am told the cheaer model isn't worth it and you need to get the $300 ones, which is kinda pricey.
GhostRyder 07:07 PM 02-24-2009
My ammotogo order shipped in 3 days despite that disclaimer, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. I'm pumped. Should be here this week... 500+ 9mm rounds some tracers to feed the Bushmonster.
gpugliese 07:20 PM 02-24-2009
Originally Posted by Catfish:
I assume you mean your CCW permit?
No, in order to own or purchase a handgun in Mass you need a LTC. Shotguns and rifles can apply for a FID, but it's still a complicated and long process. Because I live in Boston, they deny concealed carry to 99.9% of applicants (that's an entirely different conversation), but I can easily pick up a NH CCW now. I've got family up there and visit often.

Floyd, only my right index was digitally scanned, which is used in addition to a PIN when purchasing firearms from a FFL. They did the standard ink printing for the background/criminal check.
DPD6030 07:35 PM 02-24-2009
I know I said earlier (way earlier) the guns that I owned. Well here's some gun p*rn. Here's the pistols.

Overview

Duty Weapon Glock 23 with high cap magazine

Walther PPKS .380 issued as backup

S&W .38 airweight

Old .22 Husqvarna passed down from my grandfather to father to me
DPD6030 07:39 PM 02-24-2009
Here comes the long guns.

Shotguns, small one is a H&R .410, Remington 870 12 gauge and my new and never shot Benelli 3 1/2" Magnum Super Nova (DU Edition)

H&R 3" 12 gauge single-shot slugmaster and a Marlin .22 bolt action

Remington Wingmaster 760 30.06 and my T/C muzzleloader
GTsetGO 07:41 PM 02-24-2009
My Remington 1100 should be here this Friday. Woo hoo
floydpink 07:36 PM 02-25-2009
Got a tax return burning a hole in my pocket, so I went out and bought the Crimson Laer Trace grips for my S&W 38.

After reading and reading, it seemed that ponying up the extra hundred bucks for the 405 model was the way to go as the 305 model seriously compromises pocket conceal due to its size. The grips on the 305 are a lot longer than the others as well, which maked the gun larger.

The guys in the tactical department at the store/range were slow, so they installed the grips for me. The sights ligned up perfectly, so it was time for a range test.

I wouldn't normally use 148 grain jhps for target practice, but the store has had them on sale and they're only a couple bucks more than the cheap stuff and I always like to practice with real life ammo if it's affordable.

I bought three silouettes and started at 7 yards. I am normally a decent shot, but with the laser, I put everything directly on the center red X.

Further distances and aging eyes are normally where my challenges start, but dang, 25 yards and my little snubbie is still dead on.

I'm not sure if the CT's are gonna help in a tense situation, but they certainly won't hurt, especially in low light.

All in all, this is a very cool thing to add to a gun and I really am glad I did.
elderboy02 09:09 PM 02-25-2009
Congrats on the laser grips purchase Floyd! They are awesome!
Sauer Grapes 09:17 PM 02-25-2009
Thanks for the crimson trace review.

I may get some one day, but for now I am too cheap and more importantly I want to continue to improve using the standard sights before upgrading to them so I'll just be that much better.
Catfish 04:18 AM 02-26-2009
...I'm not sure if the CT's are gonna help in a tense situation, but they certainly won't hurt, especially in low light.
I'm sure I don't need to remind you of this but i've seen it before so I'll say it anyways. Make certain you still practice w/o the laser. Just like the highest quality weapon can malfunction, so can lasers. Getting comfortable with that "point-and-click" accuracy of a laser can be addicting and lure you into relying on it.
floydpink 07:14 AM 02-26-2009
I'm sure I don't need to remind you of this but i've seen it before so I'll say it anyways. Make certain you still practice w/o the laser. Just like the highest quality weapon can malfunction, so can lasers. Getting comfortable with that "point-and-click" accuracy of a laser can be addicting and lure you into relying on it.

My brother is a Sgt up North and constantly reminds me to not forget how to shoot and I won't.

Catfish, thanks for the link, just became a lifetime member of NRA!!!
Catfish 07:25 AM 02-26-2009
Outstanding!

A couple guys here wanted to join but are lazy. I signed em up for the "no magazine" membership, eeheheheheh. WTF... Only $10 apiece to add another member to the numbers!!
357 06:06 PM 02-27-2009
I only have the factory photo of my pistol. It's also my avatar. Here's the larger version...

elderboy02 06:46 PM 02-27-2009
My brother is a Sgt up North and constantly reminds me to not forget how to shoot and I won't.

Nice! I am also a lifetime member of the NRA. I love being able to vote in the annual elections.
Catfish 06:48 PM 02-27-2009
Nice weapon, 357.

Be careful around boats!
357 07:34 PM 02-27-2009
Nice weapon, 357.

Be careful around boats!
Thanks,

but, boats?
Page 20 of 352
« First < 10181920 21223070120 > Last »
Up