Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>Everything's amazing, nobody's happy
DrDubzz 01:04 PM 02-10-2009
Louis CK is my favorite stand up comic, he's spot on here

definitely check out his youtube bits, awesome
[Reply]
awsmith4 01:07 PM 02-10-2009
Since I was recently unemployed due to lay offs i have been driving around trying to pimp myself to every business owner possible and I have met many people at these businesses that were so lazy and had that attitude that the world owed them something and I am constantly thinking "How the **** do you have a job and I don't!!!"

When i was at my last position there were many, many days I never saw the sun because I got to the office before sunrise, skipped lunch, and worked till after sunset. I was a salaried employee and did not make extra working more hours, i did it to get my job done. But constantly i would see so many others (young and old) who would show up sometime around 9 and never actually make it to 5 o'clock before starting to pack up. These people then would get mad if they were asked to do the slightness extra task and then would have the gall to demand more pay because they felt they were worth more. The laziness of this particular type of person is so widespread that is why we are in an economic downturn. Its not the government's fault, its not the banks' fault it is the lazy work ethic of the majority of folks in the market that have caused us to fail.

Sorry to rant, i have just had a kinda chip on my shoulder lately and this video just triggered a nerve. FYI I do now have a job lined up so this was in no way a post looking for sympathy.

Of course it is a Tuesday and I am home having a drink and a smoke at 3 in the afternoon on the deck, so maybe I'm just a kettle that needs to be quiet.

Thanks for the post Fred :-)
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 01:44 PM 02-10-2009
Originally Posted by awsmith4:
Since I was recently unemployed due to lay offs i have been driving around trying to pimp myself to every business owner possible and I have met many people at these businesses that were so lazy and had that attitude that the world owed them something and I am constantly thinking "How the **** do you have a job and I don't!!!"

When i was at my last position there were many, many days I never saw the sun because I got to the office before sunrise, skipped lunch, and worked till after sunset. I was a salaried employee and did not make extra working more hours, i did it to get my job done. But constantly i would see so many others (young and old) who would show up sometime around 9 and never actually make it to 5 o'clock before starting to pack up. These people then would get mad if they were asked to do the slightness extra task and then would have the gall to demand more pay because they felt they were worth more. The laziness of this particular type of person is so widespread that is why we are in an economic downturn. Its not the government's fault, its not the banks' fault it is the lazy work ethic of the majority of folks in the market that have caused us to fail.

Sorry to rant, i have just had a kinda chip on my shoulder lately and this video just triggered a nerve. FYI I do now have a job lined up so this was in no way a post looking for sympathy.

Of course it is a Tuesday and I am home having a drink and a smoke at 3 in the afternoon on the deck, so maybe I'm just a kettle that needs to be quiet.

Thanks for the post Fred :-)
:-) Congratulations, on both things.
[Reply]
nozero 01:52 PM 02-10-2009
Thanks for sharing that! Very true...

I'm frequently reminded of how lucky I am when I help a user with DUN (dial up networking) at work and I see how it was for me and how it is for them...
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 02:00 PM 02-10-2009
Thanks, Fred. Four minutes of fresh air! :-)
[Reply]
14holestogie 02:10 PM 02-10-2009
Louis nailed it. All the great ones do. Oh to have a mind that picks up on those absurdities. :-)
[Reply]
Whee 08:17 PM 02-10-2009
Originally Posted by hotreds:
"You noncontributing zero!":-)
My new catch phrase:-)

I love Louis. Really liked his HBO show..too bad it only lasted a year.
[Reply]
markem 08:31 PM 02-10-2009
I did not realize that I was a mere movie and a dump from home. You mean that I didn't need the slippers?

signed,
Dorothy
[Reply]
webjunkie 08:55 PM 02-10-2009
:-) "Watch a movie, take a dump, and you're home." I love air travel.
[Reply]
Skywalker 09:46 PM 02-10-2009
Thanks Fred!!!

But really the video was taking too long for me to watch while I made a call and sent a text on my cell phone, and made this post...:-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up