Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>DR Monte #2 Knock-Offs
totallytentative 06:32 PM 02-09-2009
Wow, those look pretty awful.... not only are the bands horribly made and applied, the foots of the cigars are cut unevenly too.

PLUS they're eaten to shreds.... total disaster. :-)
[Reply]
acarr 07:10 PM 02-09-2009
Bug Food!!!!!!
[Reply]
s15driftking 07:44 PM 02-09-2009
wow, that is a grade a tragedy. The bands look very poorly MFG's. Who in their right mind would try and pass those off as authentic when they tried to sell them?
[Reply]
Snake Hips 08:19 PM 02-09-2009
Originally Posted by Prospector:
So basically they're just shabbily made. Anything about the color or imprint? They also appear to be carelessly applied.
They're very very poorly made and applied, and they're far too large for those cigars. The ends of the bands shouldn't overlap onto the white design. The fleur de lis don't look right to me either, nor does the positioning of the dots between "Montecristo" and "Habana" or the positioning of the word "Habana" itself. They wouldn't be banded that carelessly, either, nor would the feet of the cigars be cut crookedly.

I'd like to see pictures of the box, too. There are a lot more ways to tell fakes by the boxes than by the cigars or bands.
[Reply]
groogs 10:21 PM 02-09-2009
If someone gave me a box of cigars that looked like that, I don't think real or fake would be the first thing that came to mind.:-):-)
[Reply]
jaycarla 10:31 PM 02-09-2009
About the only thing I see those being good for is kindling. May be cool to cut a few open see the working of the beetles.

Too bad.

That has to be one of the worst jobs of faking bands I have ever seen.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up