Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 9
< 12 34 > Last »
Sports>A-Fraud Tests Positive for Steroid Use
tobii3 01:07 PM 02-07-2009
and this surprises who?? Anyone?? Bueller?? Bueller??
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 01:48 PM 02-07-2009
Music to my ears
[Reply]
smokinj 01:49 PM 02-07-2009
A-Rod= POS
[Reply]
Yazzie 01:50 PM 02-07-2009
Originally Posted by smokinj:
A-Rod= POS

:-):-)
[Reply]
blugill 07:55 AM 02-08-2009
I'm starting to change my position on steroids. What steroids have really done is make the game more interesting to watch. More strikeouts, more home runs, more hits, better fielding.

IMHO most players are or were at least on HGH. Most being the majority. There are plenty of people who aren't and I'm sure they have mediocre numbers. It was way more interesting to watch a game when the hitter and pitcher were juiced.

The drugs really didn't hurt anyone but the individual player and of course the record books which hurt the baseball purists which in turn have held the game back and kept it from evolving to compete with the NFL in terms of popularity.

Bring back the roids and make the game watchable again!
[Reply]
taltos 08:07 AM 02-08-2009
I almost feel sorry for A-roid when he visits other ball parks this year, especially Fenway. Life will be miserable for that piece of scum this season.:-)
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 10:19 AM 02-08-2009
Originally Posted by taltos:
I almost feel sorry for A-roid when he visits other ball parks this year, especially Fenway. Life will be miserable for that piece of scum this season.:-)
There's still 103 other players unnamed. I wonder who on Boston has been roiding?
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 10:26 AM 02-08-2009
what a surprise :-)
[Reply]
ca21455 10:59 AM 02-08-2009
Originally Posted by blugill:
I'm starting to change my position on steroids. What steroids have really done is make the game more interesting to watch. More strikeouts, more home runs, more hits, better fielding.

IMHO most players are or were at least on HGH. Most being the majority. There are plenty of people who aren't and I'm sure they have mediocre numbers. It was way more interesting to watch a game when the hitter and pitcher were juiced.

The drugs really didn't hurt anyone but the individual player and of course the record books which hurt the baseball purists which in turn have held the game back and kept it from evolving to compete with the NFL in terms of popularity.

Bring back the roids and make the game watchable again!
Using steroids is wrong for so many reasons. It is difficult these days to find a good role model for kids we don't need to tell them it is ok to not work hard and just use drugs to get better. Not only is this taking the lazy way out but it will also kill you and that's ok to be famous and make money.
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 11:16 AM 02-08-2009
Originally Posted by ca21455:
Using steroids is wrong for so many reasons. It is difficult these days to find a good role model for kids ...
Ummm, parents?
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 11:18 AM 02-08-2009
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
Ummm, parents?
:-)
[Reply]
RJK18 11:18 AM 02-08-2009
Originally Posted by tobii3:
and this surprises who?? Anyone?? Bueller?? Bueller??
:-)
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
Sadly you better start hating most players in the last 10-15 years then. :-)
You better go back much farther then that. Ball players started taking steroids only after mlb got rid of the 5 gallon pails of Amphetamines from the locker rooms. I say you have to go back 30- 40 yrs.
[Reply]
ca21455 12:03 PM 02-08-2009
Ummm, parents?
Your absolutely correct! I was just referring to using a sports figure as a role model. These days parents are the ones that have to step up and be a role model and by saying that using steroids is ok is sending the wrong message.
[Reply]
blugill 12:11 PM 02-08-2009
Originally Posted by ca21455:
Your absolutely correct! I was just referring to using a sports figure as a role model. These days parents are the ones that have to step up and be a role model and by saying that using steroids is ok is sending the wrong message.
Ok so lets examine that for a minute. Our society is essentially for the time being a capitalist society. Success in the athletic world, for better or worse, is usually based on making bank by putting up numbers.

Steroids, HGH, clear, cream what have you is a way to achieve that. Yes it does have serious physical side effects but so does working for a living in a steel plant or a coal mine. In the innercities it might be gang related activities that shortens your lifespan, steroids are tame in comparison.

The plus side is that you can put up monster numbers, heal faster, jump higher and maybe long enough to make your big payday.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 12:20 PM 02-08-2009
Remember, the Majors is entertainment. You want home runs? You want big hits and big pitching? Baseball is not ready to bite the hand it feeds from. The Senate is wasting our taxpayer's money. Sure the Gov't can ruin a few legends, but let the Majors take care of Majors.
[Reply]
taltos 12:23 PM 02-08-2009
There's still 103 other players unnamed. I wonder who on Boston has been roiding?
Wouldn't be surprised if a player or players from Boston got caught. If so, he or they would also be a huge pos for violating the fan's trust.:-)
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 12:26 PM 02-08-2009
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Remember, the Majors is entertainment. You want home runs? You want big hits and big pitching? Baseball is not ready to bite the hand it feeds from. The Senate is wasting our taxpayer's money. Sure the Gov't can ruin a few legends, but let the Majors take care of Majors.
Not everyone finds it entertaining
[Reply]
blugill 12:28 PM 02-08-2009
Originally Posted by Big Vito:
Not everyone finds it entertaining
Well not now that people aren't hitting 70 home runs a year....
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 12:38 PM 02-08-2009
Originally Posted by blugill:
Well not now that people aren't hitting 70 home runs a year....
Even then I wasn't entertained. I get bored easy now with most sports
[Reply]
Partagaspete 01:17 PM 02-08-2009
Wasn't Clemens roiding too? where did he come from? Oh yeay your organization. Didn't you guys try to outbid NY for A-Rod but loose? What would you guys be saying if you had him. Gimme a break!

Some Bo-sox fans can be so hypocritical it is not even funny. Not to mention a bit xenophobic.

You want to talk Sports; then talk about your Bruins instead of Hating on the Yankees. They are doing great and have a real shot this year.

T
[Reply]
Page 2 of 9
< 12 34 > Last »
Up