Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
All Cigar Discussion>I hope you're all happy...
Cigary 11:12 AM 02-03-2009
Originally Posted by Kreth:
I can stop any time I wan---oh look, a travel humidor...
:-):-) and oh, looky there,,,a nice burl 20 count humi that I need in the garage when I don't feel like going upstairs to my other 5 humidors that I bought on C Bid,,,,

Senator Vitter: "Mr. Kreth, you're asking the American taxpayers for $1.2 billion dollars. Is that correct?"

Kreth: "Yes, Senator. I believe that figure should cover my cigar-related debt. You guys really screwed us with that S-CHIP deal."

Senator Shelby: "How does one man indebt himself for that amount of money?"

Kreth: "Well, sir, I lay the blame squarely on the membership of the Cigar Asylum internet forum. You see, I was perfectly happy smoking the occasional cigar, and was planning to pick up a small humidor to keep my smokes nice and fresh. But nooooooo! 'Go bigger!' they said. 'Stay away from cigarbid.com," they said. 'You'd better be really careful so you don't wind up addicted to cigarbid.com.' And the worst part is, they would put a link right in the post, so I all had to do was click it. Sure it started small, a box of cigars here, a humidor upgrade there. Next thing you know, I cashed in my life insurance to buy a rental property and converted it into a walk-in humidor. 50,000 cigars, all at my fingertips. They're enablers, the whole lot of them."
"And now I've got that cigar monkey so bad [sobbing] some days, I'll smoke a Swisher Sweet so I don't have to throw off the RH in my apartmentdor. Do you have any idea what 2500 pounds of beads costs these days?!"

Senator Gillibrand: "Let's take a recess so Mr. Kreth can compose himself."
This could be so real,,,:-):-)

When I first joined C Bid I thought that I could control this,,no big deal after all I go to every golf store in America and I don't come home with gloves and balls and clubs,,,so what is the big freakin deal about a cigar website?

I'll tell ya the big freakin deal,,,it's like crack, man,,,the bidding, the cigars, the competition, the taste of your favorite cigar waiting for you to buy them and put them in your already burdened humidors,,,AAAGGGGGGHHHHHH:-)
[Reply]
Kreth 11:18 AM 02-03-2009
Originally Posted by Cigary:
:-):-) and oh, looky there,,,a nice burl 20 count humi that I need in the garage when I don't feel like going upstairs to my other 5 humidors that I bought on C Bid,,,,
So you're the SOB that sniped that from me! :-)
[Reply]
Nimbus 04:03 PM 02-03-2009
Wait till you get to the dark side; you will want to sell your kidneys for a few boxes. :-)
[Reply]
Footbag 04:12 PM 02-03-2009
Originally Posted by LookAtBigErn82:
Is it bad when you can remember your credit card number by heart including exp. date and security code? Damn slope.
What are you talking about? I only remember the first number, and autofill does the rest!:-)
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 04:13 PM 02-03-2009
Is it bad when you can remember your credit card number by heart including exp. date and security code? Damn slope.
And remaining balance? I thought everyone was like this.
[Reply]
Da Klugs 04:36 PM 02-03-2009
Speaking as someone who preceeded you on that first step that slid a bit.... beware what lies ahead. :-)
Attached: SlipperySlope.jpg (18.1 KB) 
[Reply]
Cigary 04:40 PM 02-03-2009
So you're the SOB that sniped that from me! :-)
:-) That would be Mr. SOB to you and there are plenty of 20 count burl humis on there. I paid $9 for mine,,,can you stand it? It's perfect for the garage. You'll have to tell me what your initials are on there so I know not to bid against you,,,it's the least I can do for a fellow Devil Worshipper.
[Reply]
DMK 04:42 PM 02-03-2009
There is no such thing as the "slippery slpoe"
It is a vertical drop off.....:-):-)
[Reply]
Kreth 04:46 PM 02-03-2009
:-) That would be Mr. SOB to you and there are plenty of 20 count burl humis on there. I paid $9 for mine,,,can you stand it? It's perfect for the garage. You'll have to tell me what your initials are on there so I know not to bid against you,,,it's the least I can do for a fellow Devil Worshipper.
LOL, I'm JV from Oneonta, NY. Usually when I bid I wait until the auction is almost over and snipe it, same as I do on the Bay. But I may be taking advantage of this in the near future.
[Reply]
BlackIrish 04:59 PM 02-03-2009
I've found that the best solution is just to have my paycheck direct deposited to CBid -- that way there's no risk that I'll spend any of my money on anything other than cigars and related paraphernalia.
[Reply]
brigey57 05:57 PM 02-03-2009
The old saying "A fool and his money are soon parted" doesn't hold water to A Cbid cigar smoker and his money are soon parted, then the bank will chase you until you pay back everything you committed to CBID plus interest and overdraft fees!!!
[Reply]
Cigary 06:37 PM 02-03-2009
LOL, I'm JV from Oneonta, NY. Usually when I bid I wait until the auction is almost over and snipe it, same as I do on the Bay. But I may be taking advantage of this in the near future.
Ok Jeff (JV) from Oneota,NY,,I will respect your turf unless I see you bidding on my RP's or Padilla 1932's,,,,or those Hemingways,,,or,,,ya know, maybe we should just split a box. I looked at the link you gave but I learned along time ago when I bought my car that I put it on the HELOC card and I can write off the interest,,,same with my cigars as they are now being written off. I gotta figure out some angle on this as I have been circling the drain for quite some time now.

Originally Posted by BlackIrish:
I've found that the best solution is just to have my paycheck direct deposited to CBid -- that way there's no risk that I'll spend any of my money on anything other than cigars and related paraphernalia.
I thought about doing that but when I gave it more thought I decided to make sure my cigars could be a write off,,,see above.:-)
[Reply]
Kreth 06:59 PM 02-03-2009
Ok Jeff (JV) from Oneota,NY,,I will respect your turf unless I see you bidding on my RP's or Padilla 1932's
No promises on the RPs. I've liked every stick I've tried so far, especially the Vintage 90s and Old Worlde Reserves. :-)

Originally Posted by :
ya know, maybe we should just split a box.
That's certainly doable, but I have to take a short break to keep peace with the wife, at least until I get paid again... :-)

Originally Posted by :
I looked at the link you gave but I learned along time ago when I bought my car that I put it on the HELOC card and I can write off the interest,,,same with my cigars as they are now being written off. I gotta figure out some angle on this as I have been circling the drain for quite some time now.
To be honest, it's not gonna happen for me right away. But I think when I'm ready to upgrade I'll go straight to a Vino.
[Reply]
Chompers 08:31 PM 02-03-2009
It's gotten to a point where I'm happy when I get an email saying I've gotten outbid, because that way I can save money.
[Reply]
Cigary 09:03 PM 02-03-2009
No promises on the RPs. I've liked every stick I've tried so far, especially the Vintage 90s and Old Worlde Reserves. :-)

That's certainly doable, but I have to take a short break to keep peace with the wife, at least until I get paid again... :-)

To be honest, it's not gonna happen for me right away. But I think when I'm ready to upgrade I'll go straight to a Vino.
Damn you Jeff,,,lol,,,I love the Vintage 90's and Old World. Wait til you try the Decade and the Renaissance,,,omg!!!

Originally Posted by Chompers:
It's gotten to a point where I'm happy when I get an email saying I've gotten outbid, because that way I can save money.
Aint that the truth,,,,when I get a notice that says I have been outbid I pretend it's coming from a higher power and that is good enough for me. :-)
[Reply]
acruce 09:05 PM 02-03-2009
nice pick up
[Reply]
DocLogic77 09:07 PM 02-03-2009
Originally Posted by Chompers:
LOL...that reminds me of my devil site days. I would bid on so much that the next morning I was hoping I got outbid on half of it. :-)
[Reply]
Kreth 09:16 PM 02-03-2009
Damn you Jeff,,,lol,,,I love the Vintage 90's and Old World. Wait til you try the Decade and the Renaissance,,,omg!!!
Damn you right back, I just had to check cbid for singles or 5ers of those two. Resisted the temptation to bid, for now... :-)
[Reply]
Kreth 06:38 AM 02-04-2009
Gotta love cbid/CI. I received an e-mail this morning that my order (which I won Monday night) has shipped. When I check the tracking, it's already out for local delivery. Unfortunately, I woke up this morning feeling like I've been gargling drano, so no smokes for Jeff today.
[Reply]
DocLogic77 08:55 AM 02-04-2009
Gotta love cbid/CI. I received an e-mail this morning that my order (which I won Monday night) has shipped. When I check the tracking, it's already out for local delivery. Unfortunately, I woke up this morning feeling like I've been gargling drano, so no smokes for Jeff today.

I know how you feel. I have been battling a sore throat for 3 days. Has that stopped me from smoking? Nope. But, I have to work today...so I won't smoke...hopefully my throat will be healed by tommorow. Hope you feel better. :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up