Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>FireFox Crashing?
BigFrank 03:45 PM 02-02-2009
Ok another update, apparently Vista has some sort of Data Execution Prevention setting that is flagging something Firefox is doing or Firefox itself. Now my question is, should I go into the settings and disable or allow Firefox to bypass this setting? Or is there another solution to my issue. And as always thanks for any help.

Here is the Popup windows VISTA gave me.

Data Execution Prevention (DEP) is a security feature that can help prevent damage to your computer from viruses and other security threats. Harmful programs can try to attack Windows by attempting to run (also known as execute) code from system memory locations reserved for Windows and other authorized programs. These types of attacks can harm your programs and files.

DEP can help protect your computer by monitoring your programs to make sure that they use system memory safely. If DEP notices a program on your computer using memory incorrectly, it closes the program and notifies you.
[Reply]
lenguamor 12:00 AM 02-03-2009
Originally Posted by BigFrank:
Anyone had any problems since the release of FireFox 3.0.5? Lately, FireFox has been crashing a lot. Wanted to see if anyone else has been having issues or may know what the problem itself is. Thanks.
Me too, on Vista Ultimate.

A LOT of crashes.
[Reply]
ucla695 06:51 AM 02-03-2009
No problems here.
[Reply]
Blueface 06:55 AM 02-03-2009
I have noticed lots of slowness/disconnections.
Switched over to Safari and was all resolved so I do think it had something to do with FireFox.
[Reply]
BigFrank 08:16 AM 02-03-2009
Ok another update,
did some research last night and apparently since the new release a lot of people have been having crashing issues. it is on fact a firefox issue. no fixes yet.
[Reply]
D_A 01:50 PM 02-04-2009
3.0.6 was just released which claims to fix several stability issues. May want to try updating.
[Reply]
BigFrank 02:05 PM 02-04-2009
Originally Posted by D_A:
3.0.6 was just released which claims to fix several stability issues. May want to try updating.
K thanks for the heads up
[Reply]
lenguamor 05:12 PM 02-05-2009
Ok another update, apparently Vista has some sort of Data Execution Prevention setting that is flagging something Firefox is doing or Firefox itself. Now my question is, should I go into the settings and disable or allow Firefox to bypass this setting? Or is there another solution to my issue. And as always thanks for any help.

Here is the Popup windows VISTA gave me.

Data Execution Prevention (DEP) is a security feature that can help prevent damage to your computer from viruses and other security threats. Harmful programs can try to attack Windows by attempting to run (also known as execute) code from system memory locations reserved for Windows and other authorized programs. These types of attacks can harm your programs and files.

DEP can help protect your computer by monitoring your programs to make sure that they use system memory safely. If DEP notices a program on your computer using memory incorrectly, it closes the program and notifies you.
YES! I tried explaning this to someone else but couldn't remember the app that was cauing it.

Isn't it funny, though, that DEP never crashes/closes IE?

Hmmm...
[Reply]
acarr 09:22 AM 02-08-2009
Ok another update,
did some research last night and apparently since the new release a lot of people have been having crashing issues. it is on fact a firefox issue. no fixes yet.
I find mine crashing a lot now:-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up