Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>opinion on budget smoke decision
yourchoice 09:27 PM 01-31-2009
Originally Posted by beamish:
After a downturn my economy,I was looking at some budget bundles and have narrowed it down to flor de oliva corojo,or maduro, or maybe la floridita bundles anyone had these before?looking for opinions,as my taste profile leans towards pepin,padron....thanx
Between the FdO Corojo and Maduro, I preferred the Corojo much much more. Honestly, the Corojo's were one of the better budget smokes I've had...along with some Connie #9 Maduro's I picked up from JR's. The FdO's are probably a closer fit to the Pepin/Padron though (IMHO).
[Reply]
borndead1 09:32 PM 01-31-2009
Originally Posted by Homebrewer:
If the Famous Nic 3000s are considered a "bundle" I would get those. They are great IMO.

Hell yeah, another vote for the Nic 3000. I like the La Floridita maduros, still waiting to form an opinion on the nats because I got some recently and they were WAY too moist, almost unsmokeable.

I am a cheap NC kinda guy. I smoke a lot of cheap NCs to balance out the cost of the CCs. :-) Here is a list of some of my favorite bundle smokes:

MILD: Dominico by Torano, Flor de Oliva Gold, Famous Honduran 5000

MEDIUM: El Mejor Emerald (box but under $2 a stick on cbid), Perdomo Fresh-Rolled wheels

FULL: Nic 3000, Indian Tabac Maduro, Indian Tabac Super Fuerte (nat, dont care for the mad), Perdomo Remainders Habano wrap -- they have these at Famous.

If you are gonna order from Famous, I'd say go for the FDO corojos and a bundle of Nic 3000s. Good combo right there. :-)

Man...I almost forgot. If you like the Padron thousand series, I find that the Omar Ortez Original tastes very similar. JMO though.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up