Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
All Cigar Discussion>Cello on or off? BUT this is Cutting the stick
Genetic Defect 10:53 AM 01-20-2009
Originally Posted by Hardcz:
So how do you cut cigars in the aluminum tubes? Wouldn't that ruin your cutter?
you are truly a tard, cello is in the topic, not tubo
[Reply]
MedicCook 11:01 AM 01-20-2009
I have done both ways. I prefer to take them out of the cello personally. I have seen other people actully get the cello jammed into the cutter and then make a mess of the cigar trying to free it.
[Reply]
14holestogie 11:02 AM 01-20-2009
You would think the cello, being oil derived, may also actually do some lubricating of the blade. It's worth a shot.
[Reply]
Hardcz 11:08 AM 01-20-2009
Originally Posted by Big Vito:
you are truly a tard, cello is in the topic, not tubo
But what if it's a celo cigar in a tubo?
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 11:15 AM 01-20-2009
Originally Posted by Hardcz:
But what if it's a celo cigar in a tubo?
then you bite the cap off
[Reply]
Beer Doctor 11:18 AM 01-20-2009
I heard that leaving the cello on while cutting and smoking is how the true aficionado does it. Especially when the cello has been on for awhile and develops a yellow tinge. You don't want to waste all the oil residue left on the cello:-)

On a serious note. I might try it but it seems it would be more of a hassle. Don't change if not broken.
[Reply]
TOB9595 11:28 AM 01-20-2009
Originally Posted by Beer Doctor:
I heard that leaving the cello on while cutting and smoking is how the true aficionado does it. Especially when the cello has been on for awhile and develops a yellow tinge. You don't want to waste all the oil residue left on the cello:-)

On a serious note. I might try it but it seems it would be more of a hassle. Don't change if not broken.
I'd like to hear AFTER you try this.
It makes for easier extrication of the stick

:-)
Tom
[Reply]
Yazzie 11:31 AM 01-20-2009
I remove the Cello on all my NC cigars when I receive them. I find that the sticks get up to the proper RH quicker in my cooler that way so no cello here :-)
[Reply]
shilala 11:42 AM 01-20-2009
I do it all the time if I'm just grabbing a cigar for "on the go". That way I can leave my cutter sit where it's at and don't have to haul it along.
Works fine.
[Reply]
Killjoy 11:51 AM 01-20-2009
I have seen the girls at Casa Fuente do this before when I bought a stick there. She asked if she could cut it for me and I let her. She cut it with the celo on. I actually raised a stink about it and got her to give me another cigar that I cut myself...wierd
[Reply]
gorob23 11:52 AM 01-20-2009
:-) I'm not buying any of this...it sounds like something Mo would do :-)

Rob :-)
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 11:54 AM 01-20-2009
Originally Posted by Killjoy:
I have seen the girls at Casa Fuente do this before when I bought a stick there. She asked if she could cut it for me and I let her. She cut it with the celo on. I actually raised a stink about it and got her to give me another cigar that I cut myself...wierd
really?:-) issues :-)
[Reply]
DrDubzz 12:00 PM 01-20-2009
I've seen the girls at Casa Fuente, they can do with my stick as they please
[Reply]
MedicCook 12:02 PM 01-20-2009
I have seen a lot of the counter people cut them with the cello on.
[Reply]
Mr B 12:04 PM 01-20-2009
Cello off, Cranial Screw top method. :-)
[Reply]
Kreth 12:14 PM 01-20-2009
Originally Posted by Yazzie:
I remove the Cello on all my NC cigars when I receive them. I find that the sticks get up to the proper RH quicker in my cooler that way so no cello here :-)
Do you have mostly similar sticks in your humidor(s)?
[Reply]
Pat1075 12:30 PM 01-20-2009
I always take the cello off first I tried leaving it once and the cutter slipped and I got a messed up cut. But I hear that leaving the cello on works great especially if your cutter is getting dull.
[Reply]
tenbaseg 12:34 PM 01-20-2009
I try to shave the cap with the palio as close as I can. If I have to cut more, so be it. I would think this would be a problem going through the cello. I'll have to give this a shot with a torpedo.
[Reply]
Raralith 01:10 PM 01-20-2009
Originally Posted by tenbaseg:
I try to shave the cap with the palio as close as I can. If I have to cut more, so be it. I would think this would be a problem going through the cello. I'll have to give this a shot with a torpedo.
I also shave the cap with my cutter so I barely get any of the binder/filler. I'm fairly certain this would be pretty hard to do with cellophane on.
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 01:14 PM 01-20-2009
Originally Posted by HK3-:
I'm a no cello chop-chop. :-)

:-) Don't know if I can do it... seems all wrong somehow. :-)

Guess I just enjoy the removal process... :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up