Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
General Discussion>Any Pin Heads here ?
Fishbeadtwo 01:57 PM 01-24-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
This is the pin I am looking for now....

is this it? scroll down to see it listed at 699?

http://www.angelfire.com/pa2/pindan/LIST2000.HTM
[Reply]
icehog3 03:06 PM 01-24-2009
Originally Posted by Fishbeadtwo:
is this it? scroll down to see it listed at 699?

http://www.angelfire.com/pa2/pindan/LIST2000.HTM
That is it, Charlie...unfortunately, that one is in PA., too far for me.
[Reply]
TonySmith 03:25 PM 01-24-2009
I'm not sure I qualify as a pinhead, but I worked for a vending company for 9 years. Part of my duties were the placement and repair of pinball machines. There was a lot of playing involved also...in the name of testing, of course.:-)
[Reply]
RichardW 03:36 PM 01-24-2009
Looks like a couple of Garage herfs are in order :-)

Let me know if you get this one.... I was hooked on it for years :-)
Attached: 8-ball.JPG (30.0 KB) 
[Reply]
icehog3 03:37 PM 01-24-2009
Originally Posted by RichardW:
Looks like a couple of Garage herfs are in order :-)

Let me know if you get this one.... I was hooked on it for years :-)
A good one....I think I spent many a quarter in my youth on every one pictured so far in this thread.
[Reply]
jquirit 04:09 PM 01-24-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Charlie....BOTLs, Vampires, and Pinheads! We have so much in common! :-)

Here are some pics of my current machine. Also looking for a working condition "Satin Doll" by Williams within reasonable driving distance.
Sweet! A Funhouse pinball machine. I've been lookin' for an Adams Family, Twilight Zone, Star Trek:TNG, or T2 pinball machine for myself. I've remembered spending so much money play them that it's hard not to want one again.. heheh.. and to have my name PERMANENTLY on the high score. :-)
[Reply]
TonySmith 05:42 PM 01-24-2009
Originally Posted by jquirit:
Sweet! A Funhouse pinball machine. I've been lookin' for an Adams Family, Twilight Zone, Star Trek:TNG, or T2 pinball machine for myself. I've remembered spending so much money play them that it's hard not to want one again.. heheh.. and to have my name PERMANENTLY on the high score. :-)
I've played most of them an the Adams Family pinball is my favorite. I love when Thing makes the shot
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 08:07 PM 01-24-2009
Damn, I really need to get to Tom's house
[Reply]
Jay Hemingway 08:46 PM 01-24-2009
Originally Posted by JaKaacH:
This was one of my favs..

LOVE the old arse lady in the pool!! :-)
[Reply]
Fishbeadtwo 01:16 PM 02-03-2009
Up to 2 machines with another on the horizon, man the slope is slippery.....

hope the wife is sympathetic when #3 follows me home....:-)
[Reply]
Brian D. 01:37 PM 02-03-2009
I play them wherever one can be found. which is to say, not as much as I'd like. The local vending company has helped by telling me exactly which bars have one or more of their pinball machines, but for this being a metropolis, their aren't that many in circulation.

If my condo was more roomy I'd probably just buy one and be done with it.
[Reply]
Fishbeadtwo 01:40 PM 02-03-2009
They actually take less room than you might think.....:-) Check your local craigslist for some pinball action or try the yahoo groups for local pin heads....
[Reply]
elderboy02 04:58 AM 02-06-2009
My 2 favorite pinball machines are "Rescue 911" and Austin Powers. I love on the Austin Powers machine how there is a mini-me doll and when the pinball goes past it, mini-me does flips :-)
[Reply]
Fishbeadtwo 12:41 PM 02-23-2009
It seems as though a stop in Milan is needed during the upcoming vacation...The curator has offered a private visit with a trip for pizza afterwards.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCEQgxfLKyA
[Reply]
motortown 09:37 PM 02-24-2009
Great thread, guys... I haven't seen/heard some of those names in years! It also reminded me of a cool article that I saw in the New York Times last spring. I hope you enjoy it...:-)

www.nytimes.com/2008/04/25/us/25pinball.html
[Reply]
ColdCuts 09:32 PM 11-24-2014
Sorry to revive an ancient thread but I just found it and I'M A PROUD PIN HEAD!

I'm lucky in that there's lots of pinball here in Brooklyn. But I have no machines of my own, yet. I don't have the budget to pickup a beautifully shopped pin, but I'd love to find an inexpensive one that needs work and then restore it to like-new myself. I don't know the first thing about it, but it can't be too hard, especially with the older EM machines, right?

Tom, Funhouse is one of my all-time faves! How long have you had yours? Did you ever find a Satin Doll to add to your collection?
[Reply]
icehog3 01:05 AM 11-25-2014
I actually sold the Funhouse machine when I was in financial need, Dave. I often regret it.

Haven't found a working Satin Doll yet, but I am constantly lookng. I have probably been offered 7 or so over the last couple years....and I am certain at least 4 were scam attempts.
[Reply]
shilala 04:43 AM 11-25-2014
I love pinball. I have tons of games on my ipad, Pinball Arcade. All real boards.
I've been haunting Visual Pinball forums so I can build my own video pinball machine, and have a real good grasp on it. I'm gonna try to pick up one of the led tv's for it on Black Friday.

Here's what a virtual table looks like.
I'm not going to go with a "classic" look. It'll be all cherry, thick post legs, and look like furniture. It'll also be a multi-function deal. Surround sound, a couple subs, and it'll serve as a media center for other stuff in the basement.
[Reply]
smokin5 08:57 AM 11-25-2014
Wow, that Aztec machine brings back memories!
We used to play that one all the time in a local candy store
when I was in junior high school. Many many many years ago....
[Reply]
markem 09:06 AM 11-25-2014
If you happen to be a FBer, you can see what Charlie, Cindy and all the gang at the Seattle Pinball Museum have been up to here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Seatt...31237786915560

Charlie still smokes great cigars, misses CA and encourages everyone to visit.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up