Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
All Cigar Discussion>My first humidor
CigaSkills9 08:52 PM 01-15-2009
Yep the same ol'story...Go big or Go home! I have a 300 ct. and 50 ct, plus two travel boxes..Oh did I mention a 48qt. coolerdor? Keep the humi's small to med, and make a coolerdor or like I saw tupperware for bundles or bulk, or an unexpected BOMB! Good Luck and Keep'em Lit!
[Reply]
Kreth 08:56 PM 01-15-2009
I have a 6qt tupperdor, and I think I'll be picking up either a cigar case or travel humidor to keep my sticks in nice shape on the golf course.
[Reply]
Homebrewer 09:06 PM 01-15-2009
Start with a Vinotemp if you can find one. If not, get a LARGE cooler from Walmart.

It's the same story every time. Learn from our mistakes.
[Reply]
RichardW 09:51 PM 01-15-2009
Nice start on a slippery slope :-) yeah.... I'm sure the "100-cnt." will suffice for years to come :-)
[Reply]
Skywalker 11:43 PM 01-15-2009
Nice humidor!!!

You're going down!!!
:-)
[Reply]
Kreth 08:16 AM 01-16-2009
Trigger pulled, along with a few sticks from CI to stock it.
[Reply]
kgoings 08:22 AM 01-16-2009
Originally Posted by Homebrewer:
Start with a Vinotemp if you can find one. If not, get a LARGE cooler from Walmart.

It's the same story every time. Learn from our mistakes.

You would think the noobs would listen...I know when I started I was like "no way am I going to do a cooler, a humi just looks nice" lol
[Reply]
Coz77 08:23 AM 01-16-2009
Awww how cute a noob and his 1st humi....I cant resist.

Hit me with your addy Kreth....I'ma bout to blow chit up :-)

Whos with me!

[Reply]
Kreth 09:03 AM 01-16-2009
PM sent. I appreciate the generosity.
[Reply]
GWags 10:40 AM 01-16-2009
My 150ct has been full for a couple weeks - It doesnt take long to fill'er up and if the advertised capacity is 100 you'll find you may get 80-90 in there.

My answer - keeping the desktop as I like the look of it and heading out cooler shopping this afternoon.

Welcome and enjoy the ride!
[Reply]
Kreth 11:08 AM 01-16-2009
I love CI! I placed an order at about 10:15AM EST, and it's already showing as completed on their site. Here's what I picked up:
Sancho Panza Dbl Mad LaMancha - BOX OF 20
CAO 'High Primings' Mega-Sampler - 20 CIGARS, 4 each of:CI Singles Promo, buy 4, get 1:And a couple of free promos:
HUMI-CARE Jar 4-oz, for web orders > $50
5 Vegas All-Star 3-Cigar Sampler, for web order > $75I've been putting together a list of stuff I'd like to try over the last few days, and it looks like they gave me both promos, even though the site says only 1 per order.
[Reply]
bvilchez 12:24 PM 01-16-2009
Originally Posted by Kreth:
I love CI! I placed an order at about 10:15AM EST, and it's already showing as completed on their site. Here's what I picked up:
Sancho Panza Dbl Mad LaMancha - BOX OF 20
CAO 'High Primings' Mega-Sampler - 20 CIGARS, 4 each of:
  • CAO Black Ltd. Storm
  • CAO Brazilia Gol!
  • CAO Italia Ciao
  • CAO Mx2 Robusto
  • CAO 'VR' Totem
CI Singles Promo, buy 4, get 1:
  • Oliva Serie 'G' Toro
  • Indian Tabac Super Fuerte Toro Maduro
  • CAO Black Bengal (toro)
  • Partagas Black Clasico
  • Slow-Aged No. 826 by Perdomo Glorioso Maduro (toro)
And a couple of free promos:
HUMI-CARE Jar 4-oz, for web orders > $50
5 Vegas All-Star 3-Cigar Sampler, for web order > $75
  • I forget which ones, and it's not showing on the site now
I've been putting together a list of stuff I'd like to try over the last few days, and it looks like they gave me both promos, even though the site says only 1 per order.

And you only bought a 100ct.!?!?!?!?!?!?!?:-)

Don't worry....you'll be kicking yourself in the arse later.....it'll make a nice desktop at work then.

Slide, slide, slippety slide............................................. ........:-)
[Reply]
Kreth 06:59 PM 01-19-2009
Well the smokes came in, and I had to give one of the Sancho Panzas a try (see avatar). The humidor should be here on Wednesday, so I guess the smokes go in the tupperdor for now. My free Humi-care jar showed up frozen solid, will that cause any problems later on?
[Reply]
Kreth 10:44 AM 01-20-2009
My free Humi-care jar showed up frozen solid, will that cause any problems later on?
Any opinions on this? As of this morning they seem to have thawed out and look okay, but I'm not familar with these PG crystals.
[Reply]
mojo65 01:24 PM 01-20-2009
PM sent. I appreciate the generosity.
Sucker!:-):-):-)

The Humi-care jar will be Fine, The MXII's are one great smoke.
[Reply]
Kreth 02:18 PM 01-20-2009
Originally Posted by mojo65:
Sucker!:-):-):-)
Ruh-roh. :-)

Originally Posted by :
The Humi-care jar will be Fine, The MXII's are one great smoke.
Thanks for the response on the Humi-care. Those MX2s smell fantastic. I may have to fire one up tonight. :-)

Oh, and according to FedEx tracking, my humidor was delivered this afternoon. Not bad for standard shipping from Tampa to NY.
[Reply]
Ubergopher 05:29 PM 01-20-2009
Congrats on the purchase. Just out of curiosity from the more knowledgeable here, how necessary are the upgrades they offer?

Oh, and this is the one I'm looking at getting...
[Reply]
Mr.Goodfella 05:40 PM 01-20-2009
Nice pick on the humi. My first one was a 50ct and I thought I would never fill it. A couple months later my wife got me a 300ct and I thought that I was in heaven. 5 months after getting that I purchased a Wine Cooler and made it into a humidor. I have had it for 6 months now and I am thinking about purchasing another one because it is almost full. I would recommend buying at least 6X the size that you think you need. It is an addiction I tell ya!
[Reply]
Kreth 05:40 PM 01-20-2009
Originally Posted by Ubergopher:
Congrats on the purchase. Just out of curiosity from the more knowledgeable here, how necessary are the upgrades they offer?
Well the Hygroset hygrometer is digital and adjustable (the analogs usually aren't), so you can salt test it and recalibrate. I also grabbed a Puck from cigarmony.com because that seemed easier to me than playing around with floral foam.

Originally Posted by :
Oh, and this is the one I'm looking at getting...
That's a nice one, although you'll probably get a bunch of advice to "GO BIGGER!" :-)

I've got my Prestige seasoning, and I'm salt testing my Hygroset. So with nothing better to do, I lit up a 5 Vegas Series A. I dunno if it was an OTT thing (just got it yesterday), but I was completely unimpressed with this stick. Loose draw, uneven burn, and the wrapper split about halfway in. I got done with it and Googled some reviews and everyone seems to love it.:-)
[Reply]
Thrak 06:28 PM 01-20-2009
I've never had a problem with a Series A... mine have been in my humi for at least a month tho, some longer, multiple sizes too. Love em.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up