Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 5
< 12 34 > Last »
General Discussion>How To Get a 1200 Sq. Ft. Humidor FREE
rizzle 08:57 AM 01-06-2009
Originally Posted by ahc4353:
I'll pass. Humidity is to high and only old people live there.
Aren't you a crotchety old man from up north? You'd fit in just fine.
:-)
[Reply]
rizzle 08:59 AM 01-06-2009
Originally Posted by Blueface:
76 in Boca.

The reason for the higher humidity today is an overcast sky.
Our winter humidity is quite nice to be honest.

If only anyone would spend some time in Florida in the winter, they would certainly quickly understand why we deal with the wrath of the summer (the heat, the hurricanes, etc.).

The hurricanes. Yeah, 2004 and 2005 were rough.
We have been impacted by minimal storms overall in the 12 yrs that I have been here. When we were hit hard by Wilma, insurance took care of restoring my house back to the way it was or better (new roof).

Now, the heat in the summer. Sure, it is hot. However, 95 is a high for South Florida. Anyone care to tell me the high in August in NY? In Chicago? In Atlanta? On and on.
Usually, those locations have a week or so in the 100's. We never do.
When it is 95 here, we are in pools, at the beach or in A/C controlled rooms.
When it is winter here, we are in pools, at the beach or in A/C controlled rooms.:-):-):-)
We had New Year's Eve out in a patio, in short sleeve shirts. Man that was rough.:-)

So, let's keep this Florida winter thing a secret that only the old folks have discovered and let's enjoy it all to ourselves.:-)
Yes, we spent New Year's Eve on the patio eating lobster, although I put on a pair of jeans to make it feel like winter. But you've got to stop with the extolling of virtues already. The roads are crowded enough.:-)
[Reply]
ahc4353 09:00 AM 01-06-2009
Originally Posted by rizzle:
Aren't you a crotchety old man from up north? You'd fit in just fine.

Mind your manners youngin! :-)

I'm old but the guys down there are REALLY old. Just look at who posted from there. :-)
[Reply]
Blueface 09:13 AM 01-06-2009
Originally Posted by rizzle:
YBut you've got to stop with the extolling of virtues already. The roads are crowded enough.:-)
True.

I am trying to tell all to keep it a secret yet I am spreading the word.:-)
[Reply]
Blueface 09:15 AM 01-06-2009
Originally Posted by ahc4353:
Mind your manners youngin! :-)

I'm old but the guys down there are REALLY old. Just look at who posted from there. :-)
Ouch!!!:-)

We lovingly refer to them as Q-tips.
All you see is a Q-tip driving a car.
You don't see a person.:-)
Look out for large Caddies, Crown Vics or Grand Marquis, or any ES300 Lexus.
Bound to be a Q-tip.
Bound to run into something.
[Reply]
rizzle 09:24 AM 01-06-2009
Ouch!!!:-)

We lovingly refer to them as Q-tips.
All you see is a Q-tip driving a car.
You don't see a person.:-)
Look out for large Caddies, Crown Vics or Grand Marquis, or any ES300 Lexus.
Bound to be a Q-tip.
Bound to run into something.
Or blue-hairs.

Hey, they lovingly refer to my city as the home of the newly-weds and nearly-deads. :-) Just don't tell anyone that couldn't be further from the truth.:-)
[Reply]
doctorcue 09:27 AM 01-06-2009
I was only in Miami for a total of 4 days (3 before cruise & 1 after). I have to say the weather was beautiful and it was January! I can totally see myself living there or somewhere in South Florida.

Blueface... great view from your pool/backyard. The addition of the palms is very nice. One day I hope to have a patio/pool combo like your own.
[Reply]
Mark C 09:36 AM 01-06-2009
Originally Posted by TripleF:
...........move to Florida and open your windows.m:-)

You said something about "free"? :-)

Florida's nice in the winter, but I'm not a fan of the 'so many bugs outside you have to build a cage around your backyard or they'll eat your face off' season.
[Reply]
rizzle 09:41 AM 01-06-2009
Originally Posted by Mark C:

Florida's nice in the winter, but I'm not a fan of the 'so many bugs outside you have to build a cage around your backyard or they'll eat your face off' season.
Citronella, Bro.

Seriously, it's not that bad. I'm on the water, with a pool, and no way I would ever screen it. The no-see-ums are really the only thing we deal with and they typically leave me alone. Cause I'm so sweet and stuff.
[Reply]
MithShrike 09:49 AM 01-06-2009
I may have to check out Florida. Although, if the produce selection is anything like it was in Charlotte I'll pass. One thing I demand is quality produce at my grocer.
[Reply]
Blueface 09:54 AM 01-06-2009
Originally Posted by Mark C:

No doubt they can be a problem at times.
One can at times confuse a mosquito with a small Cessna.:-)
They usually spray the area and it keeps in under control.
The cage is more for convenience.
You don't have to worry about the bugs, toads, frogs, raccoons, alligators, armadillos and a few others I left out. Oh yeah, panthers, bobcats, rattlesnakes, etc.
You don't have to fence the property if you don't want to.
You don't have to worry about anyone falling in your pool by accident (like a neighbor's kid).
I almost didn't put mine back up after Wilma. Many neighbors didn't. However, wifey insisted and darn glad she did.

Originally Posted by MithShrike:
I may have to check out Florida. Although, if the produce selection is anything like it was in Charlotte I'll pass. One thing I demand is quality produce at my grocer.
I think we can take care of that.
Lots of tropical fruits too.
[Reply]
Blueface 09:57 AM 01-06-2009
Originally Posted by newcigarz:
Get down on all fours with the dogs. :-)
I am old school and the alpha dog.
I have to raise my leg.:-)
[Reply]
DKPRLP 10:35 AM 01-06-2009
Where's the Gators??
[Reply]
karmaz00 10:48 AM 01-06-2009
wells it only around 4 C here
[Reply]
icehog3 10:59 AM 01-06-2009
Not to many more Chicago winters before I join Scott, Carlos and the rest of the F-L-A crew. :-)
[Reply]
Blueface 11:23 AM 01-06-2009
Originally Posted by DKPRLP:
Where's the Gators??
Haven't had any in the last couple of years but we have had at least 3-4 pulled out of the lake in that photo in the last 12 yrs.
The biggest was a bit larger than a 4 footer, I would say.
Enough to eat one of my dogs.

We hear their mating calls all the time but have not seen any again.
[Reply]
Blueface 11:23 AM 01-06-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Not to many more Chicago winters before I join Scott, Carlos and the rest of the F-L-A crew. :-)
Hurry on up getting down here.
We can hang out in that patio any time.
In fact, wife prefers if I stay out there.:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 11:26 AM 01-06-2009
Hurry on up getting down here.
We can hang out in that patio any time.
In fact, wife prefers if I stay out there.:-)
I wish it was sooner than later, Carlos....just have to get old enough to collect my pension, but that is fast approaching. :-)
[Reply]
Zoomschwortz 11:36 AM 01-06-2009
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
why go inside, you got a pool and a canal right outside. :-)
Ever hear of Gators and snakes?:-)

My wife and I spent our Honeymoon in Orlando 22 years ago.

We left Washington state temperatures in the high 20s and hit Florida with temps in the upper 50's and 60s.

We were wearing t-shirts and cut offs and the locals looked at us like we were nuts, at least those who could see us through their hooded parkas. I was surprised to see so much Alaska clothing being used in Florida.

The one thing I had trouble getting used to was the taste and smell of the water coming out of the faucet. When we got to our room, I swore the maid had to have left something floating in the toilet.
The water we get out of the faucet tastes like the water people buy in bottles.
[Reply]
robertw1249 11:40 AM 01-06-2009
ok guys dont pick on us trailer park folk i have a single wide proud of it :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 5
< 12 34 > Last »
Up