Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Cigar Aficianado Top 10 for 2018....
T.G 11:28 AM 12-21-2018
Friends don't let friends shop at Thompsons.

One of the most PITA companies to deal with.
[Reply]
dijit 12:46 PM 12-21-2018
Originally Posted by T.G:
Friends don't let friends shop at Thompsons.

One of the most PITA companies to deal with.
Listen to "The other Adam" he is wise on at least this thing.
[Reply]
gomeitsmybday 12:53 PM 12-21-2018
Yeah I’ve had issues with them before but managed to get it sorted out, to be fair I’ve had at least 1 hiccup with each different online retailer I’ve used though...
I just enjoy the ability to select the 5 packs at a discount...
However I’m also always open to suggestions!
[Reply]
Tio Gato 01:11 PM 12-21-2018
Thompson is great if you love lots of sales calls! Think relentless! All these NCs are available elsewhere. Happy hunting! :-)
[Reply]
gomeitsmybday 01:29 PM 12-21-2018
Ohhhh so that’s where all those unsolicited calls are coming from! :-)
[Reply]
gomeitsmybday 10:08 AM 12-30-2018
As luck would have it, I just scored the #1, E.P. Carillo Encore from a local B&M shop last night! Very curious to see if it lives up to the hype...will probably post in the “what I smoked today” thread and give my opinion later today/this evening!
[Reply]
icehog3 10:12 AM 12-30-2018
Originally Posted by gomeitsmybday:
As luck would have it, I just scored the #1, E.P. Carillo Encore from a local B&M shop last night! Very curious to see if it lives up to the hype...will probably post in the “what I smoked today” thread and give my opinion later today/this evening!
Do you know what your B&M keeps their rH at? If they keep it at 70 or above, you may get a better picture of what the cigar should taste like if you let it acclimate for a few days. :-)
[Reply]
gomeitsmybday 10:42 AM 12-30-2018
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Do you know what your B&M keeps their rH at? If they keep it at 70 or above, you may get a better picture of what the cigar should taste like if you let it acclimate for a few days. :-)
Yeah Tom good call, this particular B&M keeps it at about 70 as memory serves. I’m across town at the gf’s atm, so currently stored in freezer bag with 69% Boveda. However, I failed to mention we bought 2, idea initially was to both smoke them simultaneously tonight, as I have to head home tomorrow morning.
You’re influencing the more responsible part of my conscience (angel on shoulder) which is telling me to leave them be until next time I stay over here....hmm
[Reply]
gomeitsmybday 10:49 AM 12-30-2018
Ahhh okay it’s settled. Consulted the gf and she concurs with your sentiment..looking like the smoking of Encore’s will commence on the weekend of the 12th instead. :-)
[Reply]
matt0278 02:49 PM 12-30-2018
A team mate of mine gifted me the #1 and #2 for Christmas. Looking forward to trying them. I've never been much for trying to track down the top sticks from the list. I put more stock into the reviews here and that's mostly how I choose new stuff.
[Reply]
icehog3 08:40 AM 12-31-2018
Originally Posted by gomeitsmybday:
Ahhh okay it’s settled. Consulted the gf and she concurs with your sentiment..looking like the smoking of Encore’s will commence on the weekend of the 12th instead. :-)
Hopefully they treat you well then, Michael. :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up